• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Probably not. I think he's just a fan of Elma or something like that.
He's a part of Gamexplain's crew if that means anything. One of the guys was the famous Resetera admin who hinted at Ridley before Smash was first revealed way back in March.

Though, I don't want to imply I believe everyone at Gamexplain has inside knowledge.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
He's a part of Gamexplain's crew if that means anything. One of the guys was the famous Resetera admin who hinted at Ridley before Smash was first revealed way back in March.

Though, I don't want to imply I believe everyone at Gamexplain has inside knowledge.
That is Jon, not RogersBase, who is a separated Youtuber who sometimes collaborates with GameXPlain.

On the other hand Jon commented on Elma by saying that her design isn't quite right but that it fits with XC2 aesthetics.

IMG_20180824_223312_483.jpg

OH C'MON THAT'S TEASING

For those who don't speak italian, the Sage Nopon is saying "Shulk is right! Everyone dreamed about seeing Shulk and Elma together in the same place!".

Luviant X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luviant_X
Switch FC
SW-2346-6627-6402

Roger is just a fan who Gamexplain welcomes as a guest every once in awhile. He's not apart of their crew and knows as much as we do.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That is Jon, not RogersBase, who is a separated Youtuber who sometimes collaborates with GameXPlain.

On the other hand Jon commented on Elma by saying that her design isn't quite right but that it fits with XC2 aesthetics.

View attachment 159586
OH C'MON THAT'S TEASING

For those who don't speak italian, the Sage Nopon is saying "Shulk is right! Everyone dreamed about seeing Shulk and Elma together in the same place!".
OHHHHHHH MAN

THAT COULD BE AN IN GAME HINT

the other day in the Smash Ultimate Discussion thread people were bringing up how the Pajama Mode of the Shantae switch game has Shantae say “I’m having the ULTIMATE Slumber Party, and EVERYONE’S invited!” By itself it seems like just a coincidence BUT! In the same post someone posted a screen cap of the Switch version of Bayonetta 2, a letter from Rodin exclusive to that version saying something about a “fight club with all stars” and “you should bring me along sometime” which ended up hinting at Rodin being an AT

Granted, Rodin was an AT, and Shantae could go either way at this point if Shovel Knight is any indication, but Elma just HAS to be playable

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
That's too tall. Shulk's official heights was five foot seven inches, if I recall.
According to Palutena’s Guidance, Shulk is about 5 ft 6 inches.

hjdbfhj.png

Rex is a smol boi

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Important update: One of Elma's lines for unlocking a new part of her affinity chart is "Strength comes from experience. That's true on Alrest, too.".

According to Palutena’s Guidance, Shulk is about 5 ft 6 inches.

View attachment 159598

Rex is a smol boi
I was aware of that, but I also remembered Palutena's Guidance actually being off on that by one inch. Guess that's what happens when the original Japanese data on that was in centimeters. (That being 171 cm, for reference)

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
So I take it, if/when Elma is added her head will reach to the top on the Monado's handle in smash? I like that that image gives a sense of perspective to Elma's potential height in smash.

Last edited:

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
That's too tall. Shulk's official heights was five foot seven inches, if I recall.
Rex isn't even close to 5'11 lmao, there's no way that's right
It's a joke, guys.

You get a picture of two or more people with some obvious height differences and say something like "The difference between 6'0 and 5'11."

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
Was on the fence because I haven't played X until I got through the Xenoblade 2's expansion pass. Now, I'm all for Elma. Count me as a supporter.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
So, a while back we talked about what weapons Elma would use if she got in Smash.

We figured she would use her Gemels, but we never figured out exactly what dual swords she would use.

But in XC2 she uses Archetype Ralzes.

I haven't figured out what Gemels she uses, but I think at this point it's a safe bet that they're Archetype Gemels

So, do you think this is the loadout she'll use in Smash?
It would make sense, considering I'm pretty sure the Archetype weapons are the strongest of the Grenada Galactic Group weapons.

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
One thing, the fires from her guns are clearly not bullets in Xenoblade chronicles 2 , so for people who thought that would be a problem in smash, there it go.

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
Has any body thought about Hiroyuki Sawano recordings in March were definitely not required for xenoblade 2 as there are no remixes and the songs are just copies of the original. This does help Elma's chances ever so slightly.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Okay after seeing Elma XC2 trailer someone is out of my Top 6 I want Elma in smash again.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
So, a while back we talked about what weapons Elma would use if she got in Smash.

We figured she would use her Gemels, but we never figured out exactly what dual swords she would use.

But in XC2 she uses Archetype Ralzes.

I haven't figured out what Gemels she uses, but I think at this point it's a safe bet that they're Archetype Gemels

So, do you think this is the loadout she'll use in Smash?
It would make sense, considering I'm pretty sure the Archetype weapons are the strongest of the Grenada Galactic Group weapons.
Since FE characters are known for using the strongest variants of their weapons, Elma should fall under that same blanket just for the sake of simplifying the process of designing her moveset and its strengths.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
All of Elma's gear is Grenada if I'm not mistaken, even her default armor. That along with a Verus seem like a safe 'canon' choice for her.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I was watching a video of unlocking Elma in XB2 and found the English version of the screenshot a page back:
EBF01615-988D-4BFF-8B98-9C4B775F615F.png

And Nia literally says afterwards “Who is the 'everyone' in this case?”

Hmm...hmmmmmMMMMMMM...

ArkhaosZero

Smash Cadet
So I was watching a video of unlocking Elma in XB2 and found the English version of the screenshot a page back:
View attachment 159648

Hmm...hmmmmmMMMMMMM...

Wow. If she ends up being added, this would be one hell of a foreshadow. Here's hoping that we're not just looking too much into it ;D

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
View attachment 159648

Hmm...hmmmmmMMMMMMM...
Here's a conspiracy theory: Elma was released alongside Corvin, a blade that uses an art called "Smash". Nothing but a coincidence? Perhaps, but Elma didn't have to be released alongside Corvin.

I'm keeping an eye out thanks to both of these. Monolith would have to know if Elma were in or not well in advance of this DLC so it's easy to believe they'd include hints.

Last edited:

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
How long was Elma's voice actor in England for voice works for? There weren't that many lines in XC2 as far as I have seen

D

Deleted member

The Archsage is just commenting on Elma and Shulk's appearance in XC2. I wouldn't read too much into it.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Yeah, the Nopon Archsage is literally a fanfiction writing nerd lmao. Still, on the whole Elma's inclusion is a good omen. The question now is when will we see any XBX content make it's way to Smash?

aarchak

Smash Ace
But what if it is foreshadowing? And why would the archsage word it like that, saying only Shulk and Elma, with no mention of Rex?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It’s still jarring hearing Hiroyuki Sawano music in a mainline Xenoblade game.

Honestly the fact that this happened is a sight to behold.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
But what if it is foreshadowing? And why would the archsage word it like that, saying only Shulk and Elma, with no mention of Rex?
Probably because Rex isn’t making the base roster and will most likely be DLC? At the very least Elma will make the base roster at this rate

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Damn, you actually could interpret that as either foreshadowing, or just something unique to XC2(for example, Rex is probably too recent as the Xeno series current main protagonist for the Nopon to mention).

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Count me in along with all those who saw the Xenoblade 2 video of Elma and lost their **** at how awesome she sounds, looks, and how great she'd be in Smash.

I also REALLY want that song in a reveal trailer for Smash. And in the Game. I LOVE THAT SONG. It was always my favorite from XCX, and hearing it again got me hyped beyond measure.

Top Bottom