• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EDITED: How annoyed about the delay are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freetyme

Smash Cadet
The way I see it great games like have been delayed. I am not happy about the delay but remember--if you can-- how Ocarina of time, and Super Mario Galaxy were delayed over a year past their original release dates.

Diddy&Dixie4evr

Smash Apprentice
This sucks, you may say be patient and stuff but really, I can't afford another delay time wise. I am going to graduate high school, this year, in the summer I will be working, and in the fall I am going to college. I wont have much time to play brawl with my new busy schedule, I will still buy it but it will be more for my brothers than me. :(:(:(

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
i have become numb to the delays. i honestly dont know if i will care when they announce the next one.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
If you're 'not going to get the game' (but you are anyway), then I guess there's really no point in posting here.

By the way, Brawl will most likely last us many years, so don't worry about not being able to play right out of the gates with everyone else.

sonic130

Smash Cadet
Sure, I'm really pi**** off that brawl is delayed another month. First I was supposed to get brawl for my birthday (in december), then since it got delayed till Feb. 10th, I preordered it, and now since it's delayed till march... :mad: :mad: :mad:
But, just because it's delayed, that doesn't mean I won't get it. It just gives me second thoughts about Sakurai. He's had like 4 years to make this game, and he keeps on delaying it. I don't know what the real reason for him delaying it is, but I'll still get the game when it comes out... :ohwell:

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
When I played the game at E for All I wanted to not get it. Honestly, Brawl is one of the biggest disappointments I've ever come to face with. It's slow speed was the main thing I got aggrivated with, as the gameplay seemed... well, dumb as hell compared to the deep Melee experience.

The content didn't bother me till recently. now I am pretty certain this game is not all I wanted it to be.

The experience among other things has turned me off video games almost completely. Granted I still love my classics (Mega Man X all day son) but new games... just hardly appeal. Only series I follow are Smash and Dynasty/Samurai Warriors, which also seems to be coming to a disappointing path. It's like games are just... not what they used to be. (sounding old)

I want to stop playing games altogether as I have so much more important things to accomplish. I'm a writer, and have wasted six years of my life playing Melee. Maybe I should be grateful Brawl won't be as good...

Brawl is, surely, going to be an awesome game. But since E for ALL it's all been down hill for me. The lack of combos and HUGE decrease in speed... Yeah, it kinda does make me wanna not get it.

edit : and for information's sake, I have 3 friends who aren't getting a Wii due to how Brawl has been, and 1 who sold his.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I seriously would like to say that I don't want this game anymore, but Sakurai knows how awesome it is and that most if not all of us will get it anyway. <.< We're all mad about it now but that won't matter when the game comes out... what angers me though is that Japan only gets a one week delay while we get a whole month... and it doesn't even seem like this delay was made for a good reason, I mean it's not like Sakurai is gonna be able to add more characters in a week or something, heck I doubt he could did that the last delay. <.< UGH!! >.<

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Sure, I'm really pi**** off that brawl is delayed another month. First I was supposed to get brawl for my birthday (in december), then since it got delayed till Feb. 10th, I preordered it, and now since it's delayed till march... :mad: :mad: :mad:
But, just because it's delayed, that doesn't mean I won't get it. It just gives me second thoughts about Sakurai. He's had like 4 years to make this game, and he keeps on delaying it. I don't know what the real reason for him delaying it is, but I'll still get the game when it comes out... :ohwell:
He has been working on it for 2 years actually. (Or was it 3? I just know the game got announced sometime in mid-2005 and Sakurai never heard of it til some time around that.)

Unless you were exaggerating then I apologize. XD

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
it's not coming in March, no reason for only a month delay unless it really was disc shortages. and in that situation, reserves should have been filled on feb 10th, then in march they could start consistantly getting them in the hands of non-reservers.

i've said it before and i'll say it again: because of the Dojo's track record, there is absolutley no reason to believe that it has any credibility when it posts a launch date. right now, all Sakurai seems to be, when it comes to launch dates, is a prophet.

krabbymcnabby

Smash Cadet
Why are people so pissed, it's not the end of the world. You can still go out with your friends, talk to your girl or play some sport, so relax it probably takes awhile to play test too (remember, they have to complete 100% first)

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Just by posting that you have proven that you are a noob. The original poster is just venting his anger about the release change, just as many people are now, if you don't like it, go away.
Oh please.

When you refused to buy one of the greatest games on Earth just because you're too immature to wait, it's when you're a f***ing, little, whiny, bratty baby.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Thats stupid.

"IF I CANT HAVE IT NOW, I'LL NEVER HAVE IT!!"

You would rather not have it EVER than wait an extra month.

Logic: 0 Lack of it:1

Tryptomine

Smash Journeyman
You know, I have read many video game boards pre-release and it is quite amazing how predictable people are. Whenever bad news shows up (no matter how slight) the whining, complaining, the hollow threats of lawsuit, the decrees of disenchanted players disvowing the game/developer. It all appears without fail, and usually in that order. Seriously, I've seen it because people couldn't play Bioshock over Steam for an hour after midnight of the release (when retail purchasers had to wait until, gasp, 10 AM!?). Its amazing the game industry has managed to grow with so many people declaring to never support them again.

You all should at least learn some new tricks.

icymatt

Smash Lord
It has Sonic, and Diddy Kong, and King Dedede, and Captain Olimar, and Solid Snake, and Wario. In the same game. I can't NOT buy this.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
I don't really want it anymore.

First, it was a launch title.

Then, it was December 3rd 2007.

Then, February 10th, 2008.

Now, March frreaking 9th, 2008.

That's a bunch of crap, IMO.

I really don't want the game anymore.

saif442050

Smash Apprentice
for gods sake people. just because their is a delay doesnt mean that we shouldnt buy the game it just means that we have to wait a bit more. Its okay to be pissed but not buying the game i think anyway is a bit extreme. Barely any good games keep their original release date, they get oushed back multiple times, but in the end its worth it. I am positive that brawl will be a better game becasue of it.

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad you whiney brats saying you won't get the game aren't going to get the game. You don't deserve a game this good.

rocdar12

Smash Cadet
Yeah guys! I was like (*SUPER ULTRA GASP) at first, but after going to school I realize I'll last until March 9...but if blow these delays out of proportion and keep delaying it, we will eventually have to wait December 3, 2008 (one year after the original release)...but I really think this is the last delay!

Sonic80

Smash Rookie
Oh please.

When you refused to buy one of the greatest games on Earth just because you're too immature to wait, it's when you're a f***ing, little, whiny, bratty baby.

Now, as you could have clearly seen if you read my first post, no where did I say I wasn't going to buy the game, I was simply venting my anger at this. So shut the hell up, because you have been bested.

That is the problem with the world today. A person cannot give their honest opinion without being shot down by dumb*sses like you.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad you whiney brats saying you won't get the game aren't going to get the game. You don't deserve a game this good.
What I meant was that, even though I don't really want it, that doesn't mean I won't get it.

I'm still getting it for sure!

Cheezball

Smash Ace
I apologize, I over reacted and I posted this the minute I saw the notice. I am sorry, I have cooled down now. The thread now is about discussing about how you are ****ed off. I apologize and I do hope you understand, I am deeply sorry and this was a big mistake. I do hope this does not ruin my reputation as a normal member. Please just forget about this.

I am of course buying the game but I really said that I wasn't because I just was overly mad. I am now back into reality.

I now have my patients back, but I really got mad when I realized I had nothing to do, I beat every game I bought, I don't want to play them, and I had nothing better to do. Ok, I hope this makes everything better.

The good side about a delay is possibly a demo! There might just be one for the US, and the Europeans too.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
I have been ticked off for the last time. First, I was supposed to get brawl for christmas. Then, I was supposed to get it for easter. This has made me ticked off on 7 on the scale of 1-10. I have been ****ed off for the last time.

What do you feel about it?
I think it is unfortunate that you are so ticked off for the last time. That is how I feel about how ticked off you are. I hope you get less of the ticked off in the future. :)

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Ok, I'm just gonna put it in my point of view. You say you won't buy the game, but cmon, look, if the game started coming out on March 9th would you not get it? Just because you keep getting delays, does that make it any different then if it started then, I know I know your probably saying something like "But I've waited so long, Sakurai got my hopes up" I know that, I fell the same way sometimes, but you want to know who's fault it really is that your really angry because of the Delays. Lets take a close look at what the answer is, first off, yes it is a bit of Sakurai's, he's the head of the development of the game, and he maybe could have stopped this, but think about it, do you think he enjoys delaying his best game yet, and getting the public to hate him, of course not, he's not doing on purpose, he is trying to make the best game for ...who...not for money (well for the most part).... not for enjoyment... no, he is doing it for the smash bros gamers, for YOU. It's actually a bit of nobodies fault, just some unexpected delay in completion. But you know what thanks Sakurai gets from you for making a (supposedly) great game that isn't rushed, and can be played for many years to come. He doesn't get anything but anger. don't get me wrong, I am not protecting Sakurai, I really hate him now actually. But you really have to look at it from another point of view to understand somethings, you want to not get the game, go ahead, and I will, and I will love that game, almost no doubt it's gonna be awsome. I'm not making up your mind for you, but I'm just saying, if your not gonna buy the game just because you think Nintendo hasn't been fair to you, think, could you be a little less serious about the game, respecting it as if it's a god, maybe if you thought of it as a regular game, you might be able to take delays easier. So it's your choice, but I'm gonna buy Brawl, and I'm gonna love it, what are you gonna do?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Now, as you could have clearly seen if you read my first post, no where did I say I wasn't going to buy the game, I was simply venting my anger at this. So shut the hell up, because you have been bested.
I wasn't even talking about you for goodness sakes. Unless you're the **** ORIGINAL POSTER.

That is the problem with the world today. A person cannot give their honest opinion without being shot down by dumb*sses like you.
You mean like this guy

Just because it's an honest opinion doesn't mean it's a GOOD opinion. And not buying the game because of the delay isn't a GOOD opinion.

Ithilgore

Smash Apprentice
I don't care reall,y Europe was already getting a much shorter end of the stick. We're potentially waiting five more months for the game, I'd love for it to b released here on March 9th.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Stop being so down in the dumps people. You people WANT a good game. You people WANT this to be the best smash ever. And yet when Sakurai tells us that he's going to make it better with a 29 day delay, every buddy starts whining?

It's only 29 days people! It's not like it's 5 months! Jeez!

...still, everytime I say it's ok, I feel a little knot in my stomach.

engagequadlaser

Smash Rookie
Hey guys.

Just stopping in to find out - are you guys aware that overly-dramatic emo whinging and whining is the current laughingstock of the internet?

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
don't really mind.

i hear that it was pushed back to fix the online servers. if this is really the case, then i'm glad they did it.

1 month is nothing. who cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom