• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EDITED: How annoyed about the delay are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheezball

Smash Ace
I have been ticked off for the last time. First, I was supposed to get brawl for christmas. Then, I was supposed to get it for easter. This has made me ticked off on 7 on the scale of 1-10. I have been ****ed off for the last time.

What do you feel about it?

SkarmoryDarkPulse

Smash Rookie
dude i agree, enough is enough, i don't think the delay for february 10th was necessary, i do think it was just a marketing ploy so SMG would sell more, if they released it december 3rd this sh*t wouldnt be happening and i can garuante march 9th is not the official NA release date because nothing date wise is official on that site

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
i dont want to want this game anymore, but unfortunatley i still do. not nearly as much as i did 24 hours ago though, when i thought there were 2 weeks to go instead of 60 days

Brawler360

Smash Cadet
If everyone did that it would make a statement. Get some people together and you might have something.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
I am still going to get it I just feel even more pissed at Nintendo, according to Nya (Who is very reliable at this point) the roster is utter crap. If it wasn't enough that Nintendo are (Yet again) going to disappoint with their biggest game they are now going to give it to us very late (And don't get me started on the European release date).

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
I was just preording the other day at Gamespot and the guy said if they had another delay he would laugh and people would boycott Nintendo/Brawl. But I'm such a sucker for the Smash Bros, I'll stick with my preorder and just cry myself to sleep in the meantime.

Linkeatspie

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, you (and others) say that, but when the game comes out you will still want to get it. You may be mad at Nintendo for delaying it, but truthfully you've been waiting so long already, what is another month for what will be one of the best games ever?

Of course, it is your choice whether or not you want to spend your money on it, but it's likely that if you are a SWF member than you will probably still get Brawl regardless of any delays.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
dude i agree, enough is enough, i don't think the delay for february 10th was necessary, i do think it was just a marketing ploy so SMG would sell more, if they released it december 3rd this sh*t wouldnt be happening and i can garuante march 9th is not the official NA release date because nothing date wise is official on that site
You are absolutley right.

People always say a date is not official until it's on the Dojo.

BUT WHAT THE ******* CREDABILITY HAS THE DOJO EARNED WHEN IT COMES TO THAT????

"Zohm-guh! It's directly from teh source!" Thats wonderful. Hey, I'm the source of my homework for my Journalism class. I officially announce that my Journalism homework will be handed in Friday.

2 days later....

I am sorry to say that my homework will be released on February 1st, please just wait a little longer.

Seriously. Sakurai or no Sakurai, Nintendo or no Nintendo, Miyamoto or no Miyamoto, Official Source or no Official Source, the credibility that the Dojo had earned when it comes to release dates is precisely ****.

Rash

Smash Ace
The best, most memorable, and longest-lasting Nintendo games are the ones that get delayed. Super Smash Brothers Melee wasn't delayed, and was actually rushed, but has kept Smashers busy for 6+ years. Now, apply Nintendo's "delay=perfection" formula to SSBB and what do you get? One of their greatest games of all time.

Yeah, we're ticked off at having to wait some extra time (especially considering the Japanese release), but in a few years when people are still playing the game, no one's even going to be thinking about it. If anything, they'll look back and be glad that Nintendo, Sora, and Sakurai gave the game the time it needed to develop and to be tweaked for region-specificity.

The game will come out, you will play it, and you will love it. Getting angry over having to wait for a videogame is childish. By pulling your reservation on the game you're only hurting yourself. The rest of us and Nintendo couldn't care less about your crappy decision-making ability.

And what's this business about not getting Brawl for Easter? I mean, Easter is in April, is it not?

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Above post, how can you rely on somebody on these forums?
Besides SamuraiPanda of course...

I'm starting to become very ticked off with these boards.
If you can't wait long enough just to play a video game, you need better things to do.
I hate the delay too, but you don't just give up and say, whoa.. this sucks, I won't buy it.

You have to remember that so many people waited for Halo 3, so long infact...

I'm starting to get second opinions on SmashBoard members.

Often, when a warrior is shot in the butt by a flaming arrow, the anger and pain he suffers lasts for the short term.
But when he looks at it in the future and sees how he has become stronger because of the arrow, he's glad he got shot.
Conclusion: We've only had less then a day to take in the news of the delay. Chill, and when you/if you get the game you will realize it is all worth it.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I can understand being pissed off and all, but not buying the game at all because of this delay? That kind of makes me question you wanting the game in the first place.

I AM not happy with this delay, but it won't stop me from buying the game. (not unless the game keeps on getting delayed and never comes out. :laugh:)

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
I think you're being pretty pathetic

Its just a game for christs sake, get over it...so you have to wait 4 weeks...boo hoo. You really have nothing else to do? Go out, get a bf/gf, have fun etc. Don't ***** about a game getting delayed so that it can be the best it can be. You're being very spoilt and selfish

Actually that was necessary for the game to ACTUALLY BE GOOD

Cheezball

Smash Ace
You know what I am starting to think? I am starting to think that they delayed brawl because all of the updates they wanted up there before the game comes out did not fit in the time line or they had more updates than planned. I bet Nintendo would do something stupid like this.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
It is a little ridiculous. Sure, I can think of a few good reasons of why they could delay it. But when I see all of the useless things I could care less about that they added (stickers, anyone?) I think they've kind of wasted their time. Melee was an amazing game and I don't have any doubt that Brawl will be amazing. But haven't they hyped it enough? Don't people anticipate this game enough already? Maybe they can't meet the demands for disc production and had no choice. Maybe they need more time for translation, but that wouldn't warrant a Japanese delay. I just really want to know why I have sit out for another month. Sakurai, let us know... someone from Nintendo, let us know. I'd feel better about it.

I will say I am less excited for it. Around November, I was pumped. Now my feelings are just "eh, it'll be here when it gets here." Trying not to get my hopes up for anything anymore.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I still want to get it, but I agree it's starting to get a bit out of hand. They'd be better off not giving anywhere a release date for now if it's just going to be delayed....

SkarmoryDarkPulse

Smash Rookie
if they cant give me an exact date, dont give me one at all, all you are is building my hype only to shoot it down

Sonic80

Smash Rookie
What I don't understand is why they have to push the release date in america off another month, even though their japanese game will still be released before February 10th. If they are able to take the screenshots for the news in every language, then why aren't they able to release it at the same time in all the countries?!

*sigh* Unfortunately I must still buy the game, but If they push the date off again I my have to reconsider. I was going to get it back in december, I had my reservation at gamestop and everything, when they pushed it off to february, I was p*ssed already, now I am furious! I have been counting down 60 days since october!

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I still want the game as badly as I've always wanted it.

Although my anticipation goes in spurts, I want the game badly but I play other games to keep me occupied in the meantime.

Wyvernkni

Smash Cadet
I am confused, but no, I don't feel like NOT buying the game. It's no worse then it would've been had it been released on February 10th, so why not? We can get mad at Nintendo all we want, but if we want a game, we'll buy it. This delay will neither help nor hurt Nintendo.

BTW: The fact it won't help them is why I'm confused.

krabbymcnabby

Smash Cadet
I will not tolerate flaming or posts such as " Be patient."

I do. I think I am going to give back my reserve and not get the game. I have been ticked off for the last time. First, I was supposed to get brawl for christmas. Then, I was supposed to get it for easter.

Whatever you say?

Trust me, you will get the game

I decided that the wait was to long too and i stopped looking the Dojo for a week, then i gave in to temptation and stage builder was there. It was my welcome back present :)

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
This thread r phail.
Of course you'd buy the game, otherwise what's the point of waiting. In all honesty, I can see us Europeans getting Brawl at christmas.

Red Kirby

Smash Cadet
I mean, look at Ocarina of Time, that was being worked on for years and years. OOT's probably my favorite game of all time. Not buying wont solve anything, lets just write letters to Sakurai and maybe, just maybe, with a 1:100,000,000 chance Nintendo will cut the delay somehow.

Cheezball

Smash Ace
I should revise what I said, I am most likely getting the game, but I really am annoyed with Nintendo. Also, I would get a girl friend if I wanted to, but I don't like any one in my school. Also, for those who just want to **** me off and not read the first sentence of the post, read it and go find something better to do rather than posting stuff I said I will not tolerate. This thread is mainly for people to talk about how ****ed off they are because of the delay, and other stuff negative about the delay.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Pft, you are all going to buy the game aniway. Me? i'll just buy it at a later date, since now i'll have to spend that money on DMC4.

The Great Tama

Smash Journeyman
That is what you feel like. It is temporary. You know that this won't stop you from getting this game anyway come March 9. It does suck though.

IWANTHOTDOG

Smash Apprentice
Ofcourse I'm gonna get it, but I'm really pissed about it. Guess i have to get another copy of melee cause some dumb 10 year old stole mine some months back. But I didn't because brawl was around the corner.....but not as much anymore :(

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Wow, the original poster has got to be the dumbest noob in the history of all time.

Idiot

Jash Thor

Smash Cadet
It's going to take a lot more than a few delays to convince me not to buy this game.

I also feel like the massive hype that was building to the release of the game was limited to the online crowd. Yes, anyone who's been following the DOJO was (and still is) psyched on this game, but outside of those who checked the site regularly, I doubt this delay will be a big deal. I have yet to see one American advertisement for the game. It sucks we have to wait an entire month, but NOA is (hopefully) going to use this time to build momentum outside of us internet crawlers.

So yea, I'm just as pissed off as the rest of you, but don't act like you're not going to buy the game now. I've still got my pre-order in lock and look forward to March 9th.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I will not tolerate flaming or posts such as " Be patient."

I do. I think I am going to give back my reserve and not get the game. I have been ticked off for the last time. First, I was supposed to get brawl for christmas. Then, I was supposed to get it for easter.

What the heck are you whining about? Easter is March 23. You aren't waiting any longer than you would have had to wait to get it with it's February 10th delay. *facepalm*

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Often, when a warrior is shot in the butt by a flaming arrow, the anger and pain he suffers lasts for the short term.
But when he looks at it in the future and sees how he has become stronger because of the arrow, he's glad he got shot.
Conclusion: We've only had less then a day to take in the news of the delay. Chill, and when you/if you get the game you will realize it is all worth it.
That was the greatest post in the history of mankind.
10chars.

That was my point all along.
I was looking for a silly sort of way to explain it but you beat me.
:laugh:

Sonic80

Smash Rookie
Wow, the original poster has got to be the dumbest noob in the history of all time.

Idiot
Just by posting that you have proven that you are a noob. The original poster is just venting his anger about the release change, just as many people are now, if you don't like it, go away.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
This is really an awful thread.
is this an awful really thread
an awful thread, this is really
really an awful this thread is
thread awful really than an this
than an awful this really thread

this really is an awful thread

Status