• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC Event #4 - GameUnicon 09: S.N.E.S. Tournament - August 2009 - MA

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can't really schedule the next circuit season before this one is done. Nor can we do it before there are tournaments to use. Aside from this one of course.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Memphis why do you care so much when you're not going to place on the ECRC anyways

/shiittalk

:p
Because this is a big deal that I would be apart of, and this one is kinda sucking because most of the events are out of reach for me.

I never cared about my placement or anything. I main Sonic, I'll never really do well at any tournament I enter, but If I'm going to spend so much time involved it should be ran correctly.

And your one to talk, Melee player ;)

Drephen

Smash Master
a whole year of planning? dont think no one has ever planned a tourney for that long. this better be huge!!!!

should look for sponsers so it can be even bigger =)

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
GameUniverse would sponsor us if we asked them, they even suggested it.

Though I would look for other ones as well.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure it would be really easy to get sponsors for this. I've gotten a tournament sponsored by Bawls and there were 7 of us. They would throw so much stuff at this it would be crazy. There are also a ton of other companies who would love to get exposure and give us free stuff. I can actually help with securing sponsorships if you want me to.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I don't want to Money Match you in anything anymore. Stupid Balloon Pokemon and they're falling asleep and my stupid failed punishments.

It just occured to me that I should have been going for something completely different when you missed at low percents.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
I don't want to Money Match you in anything anymore. Stupid Balloon Pokemon and they're falling asleep and my stupid failed punishments.

It just occured to me that I should have been going for something completely different when you missed at low percents.
Lololol oh wussat? @_@

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure it would be really easy to get sponsors for this. I've gotten a tournament sponsored by Bawls and there were 7 of us. They would throw so much stuff at this it would be crazy. There are also a ton of other companies who would love to get exposure and give us free stuff. I can actually help with securing sponsorships if you want me to.
o rly? how so?

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Just go to different gaming-related websites, a lot of them will have a sponsorship signup page for stuff like LAN parties. Apply as a big tournament, and get talking via email to people there, and you get free stuff.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Just go to different gaming-related websites, a lot of them will have a sponsorship signup page for stuff like LAN parties. Apply as a big tournament, and get talking via email to people there, and you get free stuff.
Sounds great. Just don't let them know you're not legally an adult yet, or get someone else to do it, Matt.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I'm certain that Bawls does sponsorships, as do a lot of other energy drink companies (Although it might not be the best to mix and match, in case the sponsors notice and pull their support). It's a lot easier to find sponsors for games that involve purchasing things other than the game (IE anything on PC, GH, DDR/ITG), because for the most part, there's not much else smashers need related to smash. Maybe try looking at some 3rd party controller makers (I'd say madcatz, but I'm afraid they'd take the offer), or finding related games and companies.

Or, as another alternative, work WITH GameUniverse to secure sponsorships for general videogame stuff. GU could set up a sales booth (like they did at anime boston) for people to buy stuff, since this is going to be a BIG event and whatnot.

I'm just throwing stuff out there, all I know is that it is definitely possible to get sponsorships for stuff like this.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Ask where we have Esticle

and

other places like that and **** and stuff and ish

EDIT - **** you OWM for putting that tag on this

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
...I would defintely volunteer to help out with this. Though, if Neal is going, I would imagine he's got Tio handled, but I'd volunteer to help anyways.

...I wonder if this is posted on AiB.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
...I would defintely volunteer to help out with this. Though, if Neal is going, I would imagine he's got Tio handled, but I'd volunteer to help anyways.

...I wonder if this is posted on AiB.
If it'sa not, pleae waity til we have a date and such and i'll post it. I want control over it, lol./

Top Bottom