• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC Event #4 - GameUnicon 09: S.N.E.S. Tournament - August 2009 - MA

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I'll try to get work off. They usually want like 2-3 years notice though.

This is gonna be crazy, I'll definately need housing.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Man. Melee players must be hurtin' for tournaments. They're like vlutures. WHAT? YOU'RE HOLDING A TOURNAMENT?! I HEARD MELEE IS POPULAR AND AWESOME AND BETTER. NO ONE WILL COME IF IT IS BRAWL. BRAWL SUX AMIRITE? I'M COOL.

O_o

Anyway, this could be pretty cool. It'll be interesting to see how Brawl's metagame has evolved by this time next year.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Looks like you may need some extra people to help out. Hit me up if you require extra hands.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
This sounds awesome. Just make sure it doesn't conflict with GS3. I'm also willing to help run the tourney, I'm pretty much the most well known and experienced TO in Norcal at this point.

'Ohana' or 'hana' also means 'flower' in Japanese. I guess it could also mean 'nose' but I've never seen the honorific 'o-' be used for the nose before.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hopefully it tops the 5000 posts we had for VLS i think it was. That shit was INSANE

Elen

Smash Lord
Lol, you made a thread already Matt xD Originally this was supposed to be all 64+melee :[ Oh well.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I have a couple things to state.

One. Overswarm stfu, you sucked at Melee big whoop, don't knock the tournament scene for those that liked the game.

Two. If this becomes Brawl vs Melee debate I'm gonna start ripping ****, stop it now. Smash is Smash I'm sure the mages will accomodate everyone for those who have gone to tournaments they've hosted before, Everyone is going to have ****ing fun STFU.

Three. Overswarm, don't respond to number one, just post about how ****ing awesome this tournament is going to be.

Four. I'm the man, everyone owes me HUGE hugs.

Five. <3 Smash and Smashers seriously you guys are some of my favorite people ever, lets calm down about bawwing scheduales and start HYPING THIS **** UP.

Six. Cogsmooch I hope you're not serious, Elen is allowed to state he likes Melee over the game, he's also one of the nicest smashers around, don't tell someone not to come, it's lame especially when you're not as well liked as the other person, no offense. That'd be like me telling PC Chris not to come cause he *****ed about how much he loved me more then everything else... It's ok Chris I know you do.

Seven. Seriously.. Everyone owes me HUGE hugs. Lets smash it up

These words of wisdom are brought to you by Folgers.

The best part of waking up, is Folgers in your cup!

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
That'd be like me telling PC Chris not to come cause he *****ed about how much he loved me more then everything else... It's ok Chris I know you do.
This doesn't mean you're not going, right? >_>

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I have a couple things to state.

One. Overswarm stfu, you sucked at Melee big whoop, don't knock the tournament scene for those that liked the game.

Two. If this becomes Brawl vs Melee debate I'm gonna start ripping ****, stop it now. Smash is Smash I'm sure the mages will accomodate everyone for those who have gone to tournaments they've hosted before, Everyone is going to have ****ing fun STFU.

Three. Overswarm, don't respond to number one, just post about how ****ing awesome this tournament is going to be.

Four. I'm the man, everyone owes me HUGE hugs.

Five. <3 Smash and Smashers seriously you guys are some of my favorite people ever, lets calm down about bawwing scheduales and start HYPING THIS **** UP.

Six. Cogsmooch I hope you're not serious, Elen is allowed to state he likes Melee over the game, he's also one of the nicest smashers around, don't tell someone not to come, it's lame especially when you're not as well liked as the other person, no offense. That'd be like me telling PC Chris not to come cause he *****ed about how much he loved me more then everything else... It's ok Chris I know you do.

Seven. Seriously.. Everyone owes me HUGE hugs. Lets smash it up

These words of wisdom are brought to you by Folgers.

The best part of waking up, is Folgers in your cup!
#1 Thanks for making it personal by comparing how "well liked" Elen & I are. As if such an arbitrary thing should be brought up... it's not like I'm ****ing inui you know. >_>

#2 I have nothing against Elen personally. We get along great every time we see each other. But in other threads, specifically the mass madness ones, and in person, he has railed against Brawl consistently and pushed melee. Thus in my mind, attempted to create a melee/brawl division within the community. Which you yourself said you didn't want to see. I agree with you, and when the first post from Elen was an anti-brawl one: #1 I kind of was joking and #2 I simply meant I didn't want a YEAR's worth of posts from ANYBODY *****ing about game choices. Yeah I was jumping the gun a bit but I think it's kind of a fair assumption.

So basically we're in agreement?

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
#1 Thanks for making it personal by comparing how "well liked" Elen & I are. As if such an arbitrary thing should be brought up... it's not like I'm ****ing inui you know. >_>

#2 I have nothing against Elen personally. We get along great every time we see each other. But in other threads, specifically the mass madness ones, and in person, he has railed against Brawl consistently and pushed melee. Thus in my mind, attempted to create a melee/brawl division within the community. Which you yourself said you didn't want to see. I agree with you, and when the first post from Elen was an anti-brawl one: #1 I kind of was joking and #2 I simply meant I didn't want a YEAR's worth of posts from ANYBODY *****ing about game choices. Yeah I was jumping the gun a bit but I think it's kind of a fair assumption.

So basically we're in agreement?
This tournament's going to be B!ITCHIN'! YEAYUUZZZZ

Top Bottom