• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EC Presents: Harry Potter and the Planking Meta Knight, October 4th, Princeton NJ

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Table of Amazing Contents:
I. Introduction!
II. Disclaimer!
III. Polling, and discussions!
IV. Venue, Fees, and Prizes!
V. Rules aaaaand Stages!!
VI. Contact Info

I.Enemy Controller, the crew based heavily on Montage, is starting its own series with the next big tournament in New Jersey. It's sure to be the largest one yet! We've had 62 people at the last two events and we aim to top that!

II.Disclaimer: There will be no fighting, threatening, or anything of the like allowed. No warnings, no nothing. You do it, you're done. Trash talk, and other things are not only fine, but encouraged.

III.This time, we're going to limit the stages further. As new techniques and strategies are found, it's our duty as players to make sure the most fair ruleset is enforced, so expect a bit of a change. If you have a say, and you aren't a moron, please leave your input!

IV. Venue: 3499 Rt 1 South
Princeton, NJ 08540
The Palmer Inn

The tournament will be in the Garden Room. Call Inui at 732-829-1805 if you need directions. If you need to be picked up from the Princeton, Princeton Junction, or Trenton train stations, which are all close by, call someone at the tournament to pick you up and we'll be happy to do so.

Schedule!
Signups/ Warmups/ Friendlies: 11-12:45
Announcements: 12:45- 1
Doubles: 1-4
Crews: 4:30
Singles:: 6:00

Prizes: All money in pot will be used for the prizes! The payouts go to the following:

Entry:

Venue Fee: $2
Singles: $10
Teams: $10
Crews: $25 per crew

Singles:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
(If the bracket exceeds 50 players, the payout changes to 50/25/15/5/2.5.)

Teams:

1st: 60%
3rd: 10%

Crews:

1st: 70%

V. Brawl Rules!
* Matches will be THREE (3) Stock, seven minute time limit.
* Double Elimination. All matches will be 2/3, with all finals being 3/5.
* The bracket will be seeded by crews/region and rankings.
* Items will be off.
* Life stealing is allowed in teams.
* Smashballs will be OFF.
* Advanced Slob picks: First match is a blind pick, where the competitors will tell their character to a judge, and then proceed. The loser of the first match will then pick the next stage, then the winner may choose his character. After, the loser will choose his character and begin. The same will happen for the third match, if forced.
* -Dave's Stupid Rule Modified will be in effect. The same stage can not be played twice in a row in a single set.
* The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set
* Any attempt at lame tactics will result in a warning. Any further attempt at lame tactics will result in forfeit.
These tactics include, but are not limited to:
-Stalling under a stage.
-Running away to run the time limit. (Excessively. If there's 30 seconds, and you bail, that's one thing. But if you waste 5 minutes, or be a jerk about it, we're stopping the match. It's at the judge's discretion.)

V.5: Stages:

Neutral:

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Stages for Counterpick:

* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1

NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as both you, and your opponent agree and ask a judge! If you agree, there will be no complaints!

Banned Stages:

* Luigi's Mansion
* Green Hill Zone
* Distant Planet
* Mario Cicuit
* Bridge of Eldin
* Skyworld
* Mushroomy Kingdom
* Rumble Falls
* Spear Pillar
* Port Town: Aero Dive
* Shadow Moses Island
* 75m
* Mario Bros Arcade
* The Summit
* Flatzone 2
* WarioWare Inc.
* New Pork City
* Yoshi's Island (old)
* Hyrule
* Big Blue
* Onett
* Great Sea
* Corneria
* Pictochat
* Hanenbow
* Pokemon Stadium 2
* Norfair

Crew Battles:
Tactical Tag Team
Created by Blue

We have done many singles and doubles tournaments. We have seen what each and every brawler is capable of in these past couple of months. So now, lets see how smart you are to use stages stock percents time and your partners to really see if you know the game rather than simply hit and dodge. This is a Teams Crew Battles Event.

This crew battle is as like the previous, consisting of a team of 5 brawlers of the same crew. Even by chance 5 brawlers are not a crew they can still enter if the judges approve of it. There must be a crew leader to make team decisions. Round up and gather brawlers to make a crew team and show your experience in team match ups and level advantages.

Crew Battles: Tactical Tag Team Rules

1. Each member will be given 3 stocks each. When in a match stock sharing is allowed.

2. If the crew wins the match with one available player, the leader will then choose the next member for the next crew match. Once more, stock sharing is available in the match, even to the previous player that won the match with one stock. At the start of the match that player must SD to however many stocks were remaining in the previous match and then the match begins.

3. The crew that lost the first crew match will then pick 2 more brawlers as a replacement. The losers are then allowed to choose the stage or let it be a random stage pick. If the losers choose to have a random stage pick the winners or that one winner of the crew battle must then stay the same character for the next round. If the losers decide to pick a counter pick stage to gain the advantage the winners are then allowed to change characters.

4. First round is a blind pick.

5. If 1 player is left in a crew and he has more than 1 stock, a crew member that isn't the leader may be chosen to enter the crew battle using one of the extra stocks.

6. All normal stage rules apply.

Contact info:
AIM: Sesshomaru010101 for Inui, AtomskTooGood for Atomsk
Phone: 732-829-1805 for Inui

Closing: Enemy Controller will be accepting crew battles for cash.

Hefaustos

Smash Journeyman
Hm...havent been in this venue in bout 3 years i think lol. How can i get there by train from Newark Penn Station??

Banks

Smash Hero
disqualifying people for running away is the gayest **** ever, what a scrubby ruleset LOL

_Vulcan_

Smash Cadet
sounds fun...im from ct but if i can take the train there i think i will go ...hope to see you guys there.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
80 percent chance I am going....and bringing others
Time to see you again Inui.........Last time was a smashacre I think

The Pope

Smash Apprentice
This isn't going to be cancelled because of Mass Madness 12 right? You do know its on the same date. I want to go to this only if this gets a good amount of attendance.

PenUmbra

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably show if I can get a ride. Lol need to get into a fair sized tourny again, I feel like my game has been slackin' ever since... about TB2.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Yeah, Zodiac Braves are trying to represent at this. Plus, I hear there is nothing like good old Inui hospitality anywhere in NJ, so we definitely good check it out. Team MOB, IMPACT, ZB, and EC should all bump into each other here. This'll be hot stuff.

Team MOB better make it. Also, Snakee and Shadow better make it too.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I may be a jerk on the boards and unpopular on the boards, but a lot of people show up to my tournaments and I make the venue comfortable and even offer housing. It's going to be awesome as usual.

I hope we have some Guilty Gear and SC4 set-ups. :)

CREW BATTLES HAVE BEEN ADDED. IT'S A NEW TEAMS SYSTEM CREATED BY BLUE AND FINE-TUNED BY ATOMSK AND I. READ IT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

ChuDat

Smash Master
Hey inui, any chance u could raise the entrance to teams to 20$ a team? From what I can remember from ur last event, I only ended up with about 50$ total for winning in teams where there was about 40-50 or so people. Not much to gain there hehz, i'd like to rely on my team winnings for at least gas money + good amount of profit. Singles for me is a gambling risk.

Well, I'd like to point out that I like ur crew team thing idea. I tried thinking about it, and doing something like it but it was never talked about/worked on. I would say I'm interested in coming just for THIS lolz.

Anywayz, if that is possible (since i'm requesting this favor early), then expect me to be coming up here with some MD/VA peepz =)z.

Gothic Zelda

Smash Apprentice
Sounds sweet. If I can get a ride, I'll try to show up. Never knew people threw tourneys in NJ at all D:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Hey inui, any chance u could raise the entrance to teams to 20$ a team? From what I can remember from ur last event, I only ended up with about 50$ total for winning in teams where there was about 40-50 or so people. Not much to gain there hehz, i'd like to rely on my team winnings for at least gas money + good amount of profit. Singles for me is a gambling risk.

Well, I'd like to point out that I like ur crew team thing idea. I tried thinking about it, and doing something like it but it was never talked about/worked on. I would say I'm interested in coming just for THIS lolz.

Anywayz, if that is possible (since i'm requesting this favor early), then expect me to be coming up here with some MD/VA peepz =)z.
Entry fees are cheap at my events and always will be. Attracting MD/VA =/= a priority of mine. I like Azen and a few of you, but... All of the college kids around me and the younger players like Orion and Bajisci love the lower entry fees because it lets them easily enter every event. It actually has made our attendance awesome because people are willing to spend $17 to enter everything at my events over the $30 charged at other NJ venues.

Anyways, the crews idea was Blue's. Even if you came and got 3rd in teams, 2nd in crews, and 5th in singles, you wouldn't lose a dime.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I think I may go to this instead of Mass Madness. I have to see how far it is though. If it isn't too far off from CT then I'll definately go since the price is cheap.

Just wondering, what do you find wrong with Distant Planet?

ChuDat

Smash Master
Entry fees are cheap at my events and always will be. Attracting MD/VA =/= a priority of mine. I like Azen and a few of you, but... All of the college kids around me and the younger players like Orion and Bajisci love the lower entry fees because it lets them easily enter every event. It actually has made our attendance awesome because people are willing to spend $17 to enter everything at my events over the $30 charged at other NJ venues.

Anyways, the crews idea was Blue's. Even if you came and got 3rd in teams, 2nd in crews, and 5th in singles, you wouldn't lose a dime.
oh well.

Even though "Md/VA is not a priority for u", with MD/VA in attendance i'm sure u will get much more people to come since they would want to play us and the like.

I'm not sure whether ur reasons to host this are for profit, or just for the sheer enjoyment of brawl, its ur call of course. Well, either way wouldn't us coming benefit u in both wayz?

or are u just tryna keep us out? LOLZ

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

lollz true I usually place in the money, but its still gay since I play for fun and 95% of other smashers play for fun too, so high fees will just turn away more people and hurt the community. We barely have anyone attending anymore cause its so expensive.

M2K and I will make sure to rep well!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Wow, Azen is an amazing person.

oh well.

Even though "Md/VA is not a priority for u", with MD/VA in attendance i'm sure u will get much more people to come since they would want to play us and the like.

I'm not sure whether ur reasons to host this are for profit, or just for the sheer enjoyment of brawl, its ur call of course. Well, either way wouldn't us coming benefit u in both wayz?

or are u just tryna keep us out? LOLZ
I'd much rather cater to my constituents than the people of other regions.

In short, pleasing NJ > pleasing other regions, especially a minority(money winners) from another region.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Sad that this isn't a weekend later. I'll be back in NJ then and would bring some people. Ah well, to those going, enjoy and good luck :).

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
But you always win that money, LOL.

And someone in MD/VA wants an Inui down there? :laugh:

I'm assuming you're going to Texas with Jason. Good luck, d00d.
the day chu and chillin call inui a pal is the day the eagles win a superbowl GG
:psycho::lick:

EDIT: Inui can you get someone to pick me up? and can ppl still stay at your venue or whatnot

Top Bottom