• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EC Presents: Harry Potter and the Planking Meta Knight, October 4th, Princeton NJ

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
It's like you -want- everyone to be camping so you can say Brawl is a campy game and how melee is soooo good.
This discussion has nothing to do with melee, lulz. It is indeed from a competitive standpoint an infinitely superior game, however I was simply talking about the fairness of PS2. It is not unfair. And you have to camp on every transformation in PS1 so I don't really see why people a *****ing about PS2. Being forced to camp doesn't make it UNFAIR. Stages should ONLY be banned if they are unfair.

As I said, I only played maybe a total of 10 minutes on PS2.. However, this doesn't change the fact that while playing, I'll have to sit still or stay off the ice at all times just so I can attack. It's annoying when everything gets jumbled by the stage when it's character specific like that.
Parts of Delfino and Castle Siege are walkoff. That means characters that can be CGed by Dedede can die from a grab on those parts. On FD, Wario gets grab release *****. Does that merit those stages being banned? No. I see no reason being forced to camp, which is NOT disadvantageous at all in this game, is reason to ban a stage. I could understand if it was Hyrule Temple or New Pork City level of camping but it's not.

My point is, is that I don't want to have to camp or stand still. It's a bad tourney stage, that's all there is to it.
You not wanting to camp or stand still doesn't make it a bad tourney stage. It just makes it one you don't like. It doesn't grant super unfair advantages like Fox gets on Hyrule Temple or have random events that kill you like Pictochat. It's not a stage with permanent walls or walkoffs, though I personally think walkoff stages should be allowed with stalling at the side being banned. All the stage events are just a minor annoyance.

Furthermore, Delfino, Stadium 1, Halberd, Rainbow Cruise, and Brinstar all greatly assist in camping.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I see nothing wrong with PS2, its a stage that doesn't harm you. And if you don't like it, it'd doing its job as being a good COUNTERPICK by giving you a DISADVANTAGE! That's the whole point of a CP!

Besides, if you don't like it so much, BAN IT! And if most people don't like it, DON'T PICK IT!

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
No point in really arguing to someone who won't change their thoughts on a stage.
Not that I would either probably.
You have your points, I have mine. Mine being Biased and I know that it is biased because of my character.

I'm starting to see how MK will be the only viable character at this rate though..

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
No point in really arguing to someone who won't change their thoughts on a stage.
Not that I would either probably.
You have your points, I have mine. Mine being Biased and I know that it is biased because of my character..
My points are based on the fairness of the stage. Yours are based on you disliking camping. As far as I'm concerned, how much you personally like/dislike the stage doesn't mean a **** thing. What if I post saying I don't like Smashville and think the stage should be banned because you can camp on the moving platform? I could hate the stage but that doesn't make the stage unfair.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i love you spam, we have the same viewpoints on competitive games

edit:: its probably because we're both intelligent and most people are idiots, but who knows for sure

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
It is different when playing a match then testing. You definately lose control of your pikmin. Maybe not ALWAYS, but I'll still stand by my 3/4 or so number.
Yeah, I'm fine if the stage is campy, or whatever. I'm not fine when a level actively makes a character bad.
Rainbow cruise and no ledges? Awesome. I'll deal with it. Frigate* and the one missing ledge? Deal with it.

A stage that makes your basic attack methods vanish on certain parts? Bad.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Blackwaltz You're fine with Rainbow cruise because You are...weird. YOU NEED A BAD STAGE SO WE CAN COUNTERPICK ON YOU!! (lol)

Fisherington

Smash Cadet
Ah, missed this... when would the next one be? I'll try to make the next one provided I can get transportation from Rutgers.

Top Bottom