• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Earthworm Jim for Brawl!

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
oh, mai.. GOD that is so the first Ive heard earth worm jim was out on the mega drive.. tripped me right out i retract my statement..

but i still think hes far from popular [ in his game series ] he wont make it in purely on the notion that many others deserve the spot before him

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I guess I would agree that he probably won't make it in, and as far as deserving... well, that's entirely up to Sakurai and team. He's looking for "interesting" more than "popular" anyway, but as we both know, he'll probably look at the popular ones first. (Earthworm Jim had a pretty decent following, given that most gamers have heard of him, but not all gamers know much about Ice Climbers or some of the other more obscure characters people have been suggesting... well, IC may be a bad example.) Personally, not that it matters, I would like to see WW Link replace Y Link, and Megaman (X?) and Sonic probably even more than Earthworm Jim.... it'd just be nice to see something not Japanese in there you know? Whatever, I'm not going to bother defending my opinion. (Unless you wish it.)

Braderick

Smash Rookie
I would completely love EWJ to come to Brawl. He was by far one of my favorite games when i was younger and would make the lineup all the more diverse and interesting. EWJ all the way!

Rash

Smash Ace
I actually wouldn't mind seeing Earthworm Jim in Brawl. He'd be great representation of discontinued game characters/series. Putting him in would be like a great ode to older franchises which gained popularity for a short time but have since then faded into obscurity.

That, and I think he's just an overall creative character who could definitely be given a decent moveset. When I think about it, actually, I realize that EJ's inclusion is actually one of the more intriguing character-suggestions out there. His chances of being in the game seem slim to none, in my opinion, but that doesn't mean that there shouldn't at least be a chance for consideration.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
I actually wouldn't mind seeing Earthworm Jim in Brawl. He'd be great representation of discontinued game characters/series. Putting him in would be like a great ode to older franchises which gained popularity for a short time but have since then faded into obscurity.

That, and I think he's just an overall creative character who could definitely be given a decent moveset. When I think about it, actually, I realize that EJ's inclusion is actually one of the more intriguing character-suggestions out there. His chances of being in the game seem slim to none, in my opinion, but that doesn't mean that there shouldn't at least be a chance for consideration.
No doubt brother.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
I guess Earthworm Jim has some chance of making it since he is a notable gaming icon but he has alot of competition ahead of him. And since there only around 1-2 more third party, his chances are rather low...
1. Snake (duh)
2. Sonic (shoe-in)
3. Geno
4. Megaman
5. Bomberman
6. Pacman (Sakurai's fav)

....but if all those fail, Earthworm Jim's in for sure!

EWJDirtDevourer

Smash Cadet
I think Earthworm Jim is the best suggestion for a Thrid-Party yet. Heck, Nintendo said they might consider him if not for this game, the next game.

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
Grooovy! God I love those games. I still pop them in my DS and genesis sometimes. He is such an awesome character and the games were just so well done. Cept 64 which killed the franchise. They are supposed to be putting out a 2d platformer with 3d graphics (smashbros esque presentation) for the psp. I wish they would give up on the psp. There are like 6 games I wanna play that are only on psp but I refuse to spend money on that garbage.

EWJDirtDevourer

Smash Cadet
Even a dead worm could do better than Toad though.

Anywho, I say YESSS YESSS YESSS!!!!!!!

Now, I put ye to the test again almighty maker of this thread, MAKE A MOVESET.
I made a whole caballa:

Not to mention THIS:

And THIS:

And that Toad Quote: So, So True. Hats off to you, my friend.

RDK

Smash Hero
LMAO, Earthworm Jim.

Honestly, he has no chance, but if there were space for a lot of 3rd party characters, I wouldn't mind. His games were pretty cool, and he was awesome in Clayfighter.

And his taunt would have to be "EAT COW!" from EJ64.

Kokaloo

Smash Apprentice
I think I heard something about EWJim's creator not liking Nintendo.
I dunno if it's actually true,
Seeing as how I don't have any sources.​

Chepe

Smash Lord
Hehe, EJ is that character Id love to see in Brawl, but who I know wont make it...

He fits in so well too, and making B moves for him would be effortless!

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
I think Earthworm Jim could play a vital role in the Subspace Emissary.

Imagine...

A tag-team of Zelda and Link fight through a Hyrule-themed stage, destroying all manner of evil ReDead and warriors. They reach the summit, organ music starts to play, a familiar deep laugh is heard, they view their final nemesis...

EARTHWORM JIM, HE'S SUCH A GROOVY GUY!!

Imagine...

Samus fights off all manner of creatures to reach a large, arena-like stage. Everything stops suddenly. Ridley's Boss Theme starts to play, a huge scream is heard from the heavens, a monstrous yet familiar creature descends...

Imagine...

Mario and Peach finally reach the very top of Bowser's Castle. Mario steels himself for the final battle, Peach expectantly grabs her golf club. A huge jet of fire erupts from the stage...

He really is such a groovy guy.

STUFFED PEPPERS

Smash Rookie
I think it would be awsome. i dont know why people don't like him. i grew up with the game so i like him. plus his move set would be good.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
Earth Worm Jim is a character that would fit perfectly with this game.

The only problem is, he isn't popular in Japan. So it's going to be very unlikely.

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
I like Jim, and after reading this entire thread I can't think of a good reason why he shouldn't get a spot in Brawl. He has a good deal more personality than most of the current roster, a unique character design, and a huge stock of abilities that could easily be turned into a moveset.

The only thing that would stand in his way is competition from Megaman, Pacman, etc for the third-party slot. And while I do think they have played a greater role in video game history than Jim, which might make them more deserving, I still consider Jim to be a better character and would love to see him in Brawl.

maxieman

Smash Ace
EARTHWORM JIM FOR BRAWL!

Earthworm Jim, Captain Falcon, and Snake are the manliest men alive, adnd when they band together they become...... THE A TEAM *theme music*

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's pretty lame that Sakurai (or pretty much any other Japanese person) won't include any western characters. I really hope I'm proven wrong, but don't count on it.

(And then again, I've already admitted that most western characters suck... well, game characters. If they could include ANYONE, I wouldn't mind seeing Felix the Cat or Gumby... heh.)

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Earthworm Jim has a very low chance of getting in(plus there are better 3rd party choices).

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Earthworm Jim rocked in Clayfighter 63 1/3.

Definitely want to see him in the game.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
^^^ ClayFighter pretty much rocks! That game deserves more attention. (Than again, I don't know how deep it ever got... wasn't all that great at it.)

YAY! The EWJ thread now has 200 posts!!! *.'*'.'*.' (←confetti)

Top Bottom