• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Earthworm Jim for Brawl!

Shark X

Smash Lord
Meh, I can't afford an Xbox 360 anyway, since someone stole my job, I'll barely have enough money to get a Wii, or Zelda: TP. By the time I can afford an Xbox 360 and Sonic the Hedgehog, we'll be up to PlayStation 7.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wash said:
I've never played through one of the games, so I really can't say, because I don't have a clue what his moveset would be. I think any character, built right, can be a cool character. Plus I thought he was part of Nintendo (sorry :( ).
And by the way if I sounded mean or disrespectful in my last post I didn't mean to be (sorry again if it came off wrong :( ).
Nah dont worry about it. I liked the cartoon of Jim and so but Brawl isnt just his place to return. First hes gotta return to the TV and then maybe he'll get a game again. It doesnt make sence if he just pops up to a Nintendo fighting game after not being seen for 8 years. :p

Big House #1

Smash Apprentice
I miss Jim, I wish he was back on tv. But he would probably make a nice addition on Brawl. Doubt that it would happen, but the thought of there being a chance is nice.

"Earthworm Earthworm Jim! Hoo-ray for him!!!!"

Such a great tv series. BRING IT BACK!!!!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Ferro De Lupe said:
I'd say Jim's got just a good of a chance as Toejam and Earl. Oh how I miss those two.

Toejam and Earl, they should have had their new game on the GameCube, not the Xbox. Well, it's nbot new anymore, but yeah. :ohwell:

Shark X

Smash Lord
Toejam & Earl's 3rd game was going to be on Dreamcast, which would of been better IMO. I'll never be able to play T&E3, unless the Xbox360 has backward capability, and even then, I still have to find the game...

CodeBlue

Smash Apprentice
Well hemightbegiant, Shiny isn't the one who has become Microsoft's new ***** as you put it. Atari would be considered that, since they are the owners of Shiny. Which they have put up for sale. Which puts the whole plan of Atari's "to develop a range of video games over the next five years for next-generation handheld and online systems" around the Earthworm Jim series in jeopardy. I'm curious though, how can they be Microsoft's ***** when they are currently planning to release on both the PSP and Xbox 360?

On a side note, Shiny's founder, David Perry, has resigned from the company to attract potential buyers and will rejoin the company when it has been sold. I don't really see what point there is in doing that, but to each his own. lol

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Well hemightbegiant, Shiny isn't the one who has become Microsoft's new ***** as you put it. Atari would be considered that, since they are the owners of Shiny. Which they have put up for sale. Which puts the whole plan of Atari's "to develop a range of video games over the next five years for next-generation handheld and online systems" around the Earthworm Jim series in jeopardy. I'm curious though, how can they be Microsoft's ***** when they are currently planning to release on both the PSP and Xbox 360?
I was not aware of a PSP game at the time, and I read online that Microsoft bought the company (turns out that website was wrong as well). Thanks for the lesson (even though it was harshly put)

Still supporting Jim.

I haven't checked about the next-gen titles in a LONG time.

T-major

Smash Champion
I support Jim 100%! that game was awsome! his moves would be great, and easy to come up with, and IMO, he's a very recognisable character. in fact, if he wasn't third party, I don't know why they wouldn't put him in. JIM FOR BRAWL!!

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
Earthworm Jim tought me that Beetoven song... You know the one, in the fire level, I was like OMG I NEED BEETOVEN'S CD! Then I found out who he really was, and was dissappionted, I did like the original game though, so why not throw him in there.

If your not going to play him, then why care if he actually gets in?

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
I still remember his themesong......
Sounded like Carrot Top sung it.

Earthworm Jim would get some AR Modifications like Head shaft and balls Jim mode

I'll pass

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand why people are so against the idea of Earthworm Jim being in Brawl. True, he doesn't really have a chance, but there have been much worse character suggestions than this. I've yet to see a single good reason in this thread why he wouldn't make a good fighter in Brawl.

Bobby Emerald

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand why people are so against the idea of Earthworm Jim being in Brawl. True, he doesn't really have a chance, but there have been much worse character suggestions than this. I've yet to see a single good reason in this thread why he wouldn't make a good fighter in Brawl.
Give me ONE character that's worse than Earthworm Jim.

T-major

Smash Champion
I'd like to know this too. people complain about unoriginal characters, then someone comes along and sugests an original, and deserving character like Jim and everybody instantly goes "eww! that idea sucks!". I've yet to hear a reason againced Jim's inclusion; besides "I don't like him, that means he can't be in", which is just stupid. Earthworm Jim is nine times better then most of the other characters people seem to be sugesting; not only that but he's recognisable to pretty much anyone who played video games in the SNES and genesis era (even after that time)

I wan't all you nay-sayers to give me 10 logical reasons why Jim is a bad idea.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'd like to know this too. people complain about unoriginal characters, then someone comes along and sugests an original, and deserving character like Jim and everybody instantly goes "eww! that idea sucks!". I've yet to hear a reason againced Jim's inclusion; besides "I don't like him, that means he can't be in", which is just stupid. Earthworm Jim is nine times better then most of the other characters people seem to be sugesting; not only that but he's recognisable to pretty much anyone who played video games in the SNES and genesis era (even after that time)

No, we are entitled to our opinions so we shouldn't have to explain ourselves. If someone thinks DS sucks [I can't think of anyone I like so, meh] I won't shake them down for a reason because it's their opinion. Besides I've seen EWJ games before, they don't look impressive in my eyes.

Zeee

Smash Journeyman

1. He's Gay.
2. It's a worm
3. His games blow.
4. I'm sure they can make gay (male body part) hacks on him.
5. He should stay dead and never come back
6. He is a effing worm.
7. He's not a woman.
8. Id sandbag him.
9. Id make a youtube vid of earthworm jim and get 1million posts if they put him in brawl
10. He's an american character. He doens't deserve to be in SSBB EVER.
11. his name is stupid. "Jim" what kinda name is that?
12. Id rather have Shieks whip
13. YOU WOULD HATE TO GET BEAT BY AN EARTHWORM JIM PLAYER.
14. Id hate it if he somehow was top tier.
15. youd hate me for breaking your jaw for having him in my vs records.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
1. He's Gay.
I can gaurantee you EWJ isn't homosexual. Or if you mean 'gay' is being a bad thing, GTFO

2. It's a worm
We have monkeys, rats, puffballs, wannabe dinosaurs, 2D men, and carictatures of real human beings. A worm in a power suit made to look like a man doesn't seem too out of place in Smash.

3. His games blow.
The only game that Jim was in that truly sucked was EWJ 3D on the N64.

4. I'm sure they can make gay (male body part)hacks on him.
Oh, you were gay-bashing in the first reason then. Have fun burning.

5. He should stay dead and never come back
Well, since he isn't dead yet, since he is getting a new game and has fans, this isn't happening anytime soon

6. He is a effing worm.
You said this already, and this is just as stupid a reason as it was the first time.

7. He's not a woman.
Sexist

8. Id sandbag him.
I'd play him,

9. Id make a youtube vid of earthworm jim and get 1million posts if they put him in brawl
Well, ANY video of Brawl before it's release on youtube would get hundreds of comments, so I don't see why that would deplete his chances

10. He's an american character. He doens't deserve to be in SSBB EVER.
yes, those crazy Japanese supremacists. Anyway, there are american characters who are causing a fuss in Asia, the US and Europe for Brawl, aminly M-09 from Project H.A.M.M.E.R

11. his name is stupid. "Jim" what kinda name is that?
Just as stupid as Mario (generic name), Luigi (generic name), Peach (fruit), Yoshi (means "happy" or something like it in Japanese), Ness (named after Nintendo's first home console), and Zeee. I COULD go on, but for shortness sake, I won't

12. Id rather have Shieks whip
Sheik's CHAIN =/= Jim's whip

13. YOU WOULD HATE TO GET BEAT BY AN EARTHWORM JIM PLAYER.
Just as much as I'd hate to get beat by a Wario, Pit, or snake player, or ANY character for that matter. you know what, we can solve this problem by taking out every character! Then no one gets mad and everyone wins!

14. Id hate it if he somehow was top tier.
Tier list is a load of crap anyways

15. youd hate me for breaking your jaw for having him in my vs records.
Are you sure you could, considering you'd probably already have killed yourself if Jim was in.

I believe T-Major said LOGICAL reasons for him not to be in, not crap you pulled out of your *** in 5 minutes. And anymore gay-bashing will be reported. Show some sensetivity, phobes.

The Noodle

Smash Cadet
No, we are entitled to our opinions so we shouldn't have to explain ourselves. If someone thinks DS sucks [I can't think of anyone I like so, meh] I won't shake them down for a reason because it's their opinion. Besides I've seen EWJ games before, they don't look impressive in my eyes.
But...but... they've got charm!

I'd love to see EWJ in brawl, but I hate to admit that's a one in a million shot. The games were wacky, the character is....funky..or groovy.. or something. He's a memorable character.

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
I can gaurantee you EWJ isn't homosexual. Or if you mean 'gay' is being a bad thing, GTFO

We have monkeys, rats, puffballs, wannabe dinosaurs, 2D men, and carictatures of real human beings. A worm in a power suit made to look like a man doesn't seem too out of place in Smash.

The only game that Jim was in that truly sucked was EWJ 3D on the N64.

Oh, you were gay-bashing in the first reason then. Have fun burning.

Well, since he isn't dead yet, since he is getting a new game and has fans, this isn't happening anytime soon

You said this already, and this is just as stupid a reason as it was the first time.

Sexist

I'd play him,

Well, ANY video of Brawl before it's release on youtube would get hundreds of comments, so I don't see why that would deplete his chances

yes, those crazy Japanese supremacists. Anyway, there are american characters who are causing a fuss in Asia, the US and Europe for Brawl, aminly M-09 from Project H.A.M.M.E.R

Just as stupid as Mario (generic name), Luigi (generic name), Peach (fruit), Yoshi (means "happy" or something like it in Japanese), Ness (named after Nintendo's first home console), and Zeee. I COULD go on, but for shortness sake, I won't

Sheik's CHAIN =/= Jim's whip

Just as much as I'd hate to get beat by a Wario, Pit, or snake player, or ANY character for that matter. you know what, we can solve this problem by taking out every character! Then no one gets mad and everyone wins!

Tier list is a load of crap anyways

Are you sure you could, considering you'd probably already have killed yourself if Jim was in.

I believe T-Major said LOGICAL reasons for him not to be in, not crap you pulled out of your *** in 5 minutes. And anymore gay-bashing will be reported. Show some sensetivity, phobes.
1. I was joking until number 15 lol
He would be a banned character in my house :O

Top Bottom