• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Earthworm Jim for Brawl!

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
DO you think before you make a new thread, or do you just do it? j/k, that was flamish

i just dont like earthworm Jim. he WOULDNT fit with teh rest of them.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
With the Nintendo characters, The TV shows are BASED ON THE GAMES.

Earthworm Jim's game was BASED ON THE TV SHOW!

THE OTHER WAY ROUND!!!! NO EARTHWORM JIM.

But Elmo: Heck yes!

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Khorsan said:
Hold it SSbMasterFox! I believe the reference there is that ol' Jim _originated_ in a cartoon. All those you named were in games before their show. (and DK, if I recall, only had an animated show, not standard cartoon sort of show)

But the statement stands, Jim came from a Show before the game, which neigh kills his chance. But I think our belevolent derector might be refering to characters exclusively or mostly associated with their cartoons. Earthworm Jim, to me and many people I know, is mainly remembered for his game. Time will tell.
Wikipedia said:
The game was developed by Shiny Entertainment, released for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis in 1994,
Wikipedia said:
Earthworm Jim is an animated television series which ran for 23 episodes in 2 seasons from 1995-1996 on the WB Network, based on a video game character created by Doug TenNapel for the 1994 video game Earthworm Jim.
Unless 1995 comes before 1994, the game came first. He's still not very likely, though I would love to see ol' Jim again.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I think Earthworm Jim would be an awesome character. I don't think he'll be in it though, because he hasn't had a game in a very long time. I know that the same can be said for other characters in Smash, but EWJ is also 3rd party. Being 3rd party or being from a really old game(s) doesn't make it impossible to be in Smash, but when a character has both going against them I wouldn't put any money on that character being in the game.

Earthworm Jim is a sort of iconic character to anyone who grew up playing video games in the 90s, in that anyone who played games during that time would recognize him. If you look at the age group that plays Smash, most of them probably grew up during EWJ's time. He's not impossible, & the only thing that makes him seem any less likely then Snake was is that he hasn't been in a game in forever.

Diddy Kong
Would you enjoy when you see this character select screen and see Earthworm Jim between Mario and Link?
yes

Diddy Kong
I'd rather have Ronald McDonald or something
That's because you're a clown.

Diddy Kong
I even offered helping him finding his suit back but I couldn't cause all people around asked why the **** I was talking to a worm.
Really? I'd be wondering why a worm was talking to you.

Diddy Kong
Then I pulled my pants down and I've noticed Jim wasn't in my pocket anymore... o.o Im sorry to tell you but your favorite action hero is homosexual and he sure knows how to tell that...
So you don't want EWJ in the game because he molested you?

ilabb
What exactly do people have against Earthworm Jim?
Well he molested Diddy Kong.

xianfeng
This is a joke right? Elmo would be better than Earthworm Jim (I am 100% serious elmo rocks!)
I don't think anyone could dispute the awesomness of Elmo, but EWJ is cool too.

Mic_128
1. Sorry, but the director said that he wasn't going to be taking charactrs from anime. And concidering Earthworm Jim was from a cartoon before he was a game, it's just not going to happen.
Earthworm Jim was a game way before it was a cartoon, & there's even an EWJ reference in Donkey Kong Country 2. After you beat the game, when you go to the DK coin hall of fame to see how you compare to the "video game legends"(Mario, Link, & Yoshi), Earthworm Jim's gun is on the ground next to Sonic's shoes.

Khorsan
Hold it SSbMasterFox! I believe the reference there is that ol' Jim _originated_ in a cartoon.
That isn't true though.

SSBMasterFox
I stand corrected. ( : (was pokemon a game before it became a television show?)
yes

SSJ4Kazumi
Earthworm Jim's game was BASED ON THE TV SHOW!
"Earthworm Jim is an animated television series which ran for 23 episodes in 2 seasons from 1995-1996 on the WB Network, based on a video game character created by Doug TenNapel for the 1994 video game Earthworm Jim." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthworm_Jim_(TV_series)

The show was based on the game. It's funny how Mic says something incorrect & 300 people say the same thing, instead of considering the fact that he could be wrong & looking for the information themselves...

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Restating what's already been said is instant win? ****, I'm going about this all wrong. :laugh:

odinm4gick

Smash Apprentice
while i think the idea of earthworm jim in smash would be funny and enjoyable, is it possible? has he ever been on a nintendo system before?

Mushroom Pie

Smash Rookie
EDIT: Ack, one page more than I thought there was here!

Much as I would like to see it, I doubt he'd get in, considering how long it's been since the last Earthworm Jim game. But then, we did get ol' G&W...

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
I live in a little place called Strawberry, Arkans
freeman123 said:
I think Earthworm Jim would be an awesome character. I don't think he'll be in it though, because he hasn't had a game in a very long time. I know that the same can be said for other characters in Smash, but EWJ is also 3rd party. Being 3rd party or being from a really old game(s) doesn't make it impossible to be in Smash, but when a character has both going against them I wouldn't put any money on that character being in the game.

Earthworm Jim is a sort of iconic character to anyone who grew up playing video games in the 90s, in that anyone who played games during that time would recognize him. If you look at the age group that plays Smash, most of them probably grew up during EWJ's time. He's not impossible, & the only thing that makes him seem any less likely then Snake was is that he hasn't been in a game in forever.

EWJ is cool too.

Earthworm Jim was a game way before it was a cartoon, & there's even an EWJ reference in Donkey Kong Country 2. After you beat the game, when you go to the DK coin hall of fame to see how you compare to the "video game legends"(Mario, Link, & Yoshi), Earthworm Jim's gun is on the ground next to Sonic's shoes.

"Earthworm Jim is an animated television series which ran for 23 episodes in 2 seasons from 1995-1996 on the WB Network, based on a video game character created by Doug TenNapel for the 1994 video game Earthworm Jim." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthworm_Jim_(TV_series)

The show was based on the game. It's funny how Mic says something incorrect & 300 people say the same thing, instead of considering the fact that he could be wrong & looking for the information themselves...

And the day is mine!!! Thanks, freeman123!!!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
SSBMasterFox said:
Mario was also in a cartoon. and DK, and Kirby, and Meta Knight, and Pikachu, and Pichu, and Luigi, and Bowser, and Mewtwo, and Jigglypuff, and Yoshi, and Peach.
But none of them originated from a cartoon. Jim did. And it kinda does matter when the guy making it says he won't.

CodeBlue

Smash Apprentice
odinm4gick said:
has he ever been on a nintendo system before?

Yes, he has. SNES releases in 1994 & 1995, Game Boy in 1995, GBC and N64 in 1999, and the GBA in 2001 & 2002.

CodeBlue

Smash Apprentice
Mic_Fox said:
But none of them originated from a cartoon. Jim did. And it kinda does matter when the guy making it says he won't.

I'm curious, what part of "Earthworm Jim is an animated television series which ran for 23 episodes in 2 seasons from 1995-1996 on the WB Network, based on a video game character created by Doug TenNapel for the 1994 video game Earthworm Jim." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthw...%28TV_series%29 do you not understand? The game came first.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Don't double post...

Jim isn't going to be in this game anyway. Far more worthy 3rd party characters deserve to be in this game. (Sonic, Geno, and Banjo-Kazooie just to name a few)

CodeBlue

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see Banjo-Kazooie in Brawl as well, but that's not going to happen due to Rare being owned by Microsoft, which means Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, and King K. Rool probably won't be in Brawl for the same reason.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Donkey Kong has appeared in all the smash games, which makes it possible for Diddy and K. Rool and others to be in this.

I'm a little confused on this though, Rare is 2nd party and owned by Microsoft. Yet, Rare allowed DK to be in SSBM but he wasn't really considered a 2nd or 3rd party character... Anyone think they could clear this up for me?

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
When Rare left, they handed over the rights to any Nintendo-originated series, including Donkey Kong and Star Fox. In return, Rare took with them any original series, like JFG, Perfect Dark, Conker, and, unfortunately, Banjo, in addition to original characters from Diddy Kong Racing (since, as a technicality, it's not actually part of the Donkey Kong series, so I believe Timber, Tiptup, Pipsy, Wizpig, and the gang are Rare-owned).

Before anyone brings up the point of Tricky, he appeared in a Nintendo series after DKR (SFA), thus making him part of the Star Fox series.

If I got this wrong, feel free to correct me.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
CodeBlue said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey_Kong#History

That should clear it up perfectly. BTW Diddy, Dixie and K. Rool were made by Rare, which means Micro$oft owns them.
If Microsoft owns them, then how come Diddy and Cranky shows up in the DK Bongo games and Mario Tennis with no mention of Microsoft or Rare in the credits? I am 100% positive about the franchise switch; I'm just not sure about DKR characters.

RaRaRachael

Smash Ace
i think it would be a good ideah. it would most likely make an interesting battle against fox or falco. all use basically the same type or weapons.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
xianfeng said:
not as cool as elmo
Gumby kicks Elmo's little red a**

Anyway, I believe Shiny is now owned by Microsoft, because the new Earthworm Jim title is soley comig out for the 360, so Jim moved from a 10% to a 0% chance.Me sad :(

Wash

Smash Apprentice
Diddy Kong said:
<___________<;;;;;;;;;; Seriously... Would you enjoy when you see this character select screen and see Earthworm Jim between Mario and Link? I'd rather have Ronald McDonald or something... But this is just lame.

Just because you don't think someones idea is the best, try to show some respect. You also don't have anything to back up your comment.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wash said:
Just because you don't think someones idea is the best, try to at least show some respect. You don't even have anything to back up your comment.
Yeah I do, he's no Nintendo character. He hasn't appeared on a Nintendo game, nor on TV anymore for around... 8 years? And I just dont ****ing like the idea. Would you LIKE to see him there?

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
...Yes. I loved both the games and the show, and you have to admit his uniqueness. Does he have a chance? A very slim one, but one nonetheless.

You might want to consider re-wording that post, BTW.

Wash

Smash Apprentice
Diddy Kong said:
Yeah I do, he's no Nintendo character. He hasn't appeared on a Nintendo game, nor on TV anymore for around... 8 years? And I just dont ****ing like the idea. Would you LIKE to see him there?
I've never played through one of the games, so I really can't say, because I don't have a clue what his moveset would be. I think any character, built right, can be a cool character. Plus I thought he was part of Nintendo (sorry :( ).
And by the way if I sounded mean or disrespectful in my last post I didn't mean to be (sorry again if it came off wrong :( ).

Top Bottom