• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E4H: Champion - West Coast Love :)

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend

This is it - the moment has come. Many emerged victorious, and every past tournament has built up to this day. Who will emerge as the Hoenn Champion?

IF YOU'RE TRAVELING FROM OUT OF REGION:
I'm able to house pretty much anyone. We can chill/california tour/beach/funsies. The most convenient airport to my house is Burbank (BUR). LAX is another, but you'll have to take a train to get to my house.

WHEN/WHERE

The Legendary Lotus
2775 N. Orange Olive Rd.
Orange, California, United States

Direction

From the 5 South
Merge onto 91 East
Exit Glassel
Turn left on E Lincoln Ave
Take the 1st right onto N Orange Olive Rd
Destination on the left

From the 5 North

5 North
Take exit 103A to merge onto CA-55 N toward Anahelm/Riverside
Take exit 17 toward Nohl Ranch Rd/Lincoln Ave
Turn left onto N Santiago Blvd
Take the 1st left onto E Lincoln Ave
Destination on the left

TIMES

1:00 P.M. - Venue opens - Signups Begin
1:45 P.M. - Signups end, Singles Pools begins shortly
3:00 P.M. - Doubles Pools Begin

Amateur and Pro Singles Bracket begin as Doubles is coming to an end.

Prices

Singles Entry Fee: $10
Doubles Entry Fee: $7.00 Per Player
Amateur Bracket (for those who do not make it out of pools) - $3
Venue Fee: $5.00
NEW PLAYERS RECEIVE $3 OFF OF THEIR ENTRY FEE
Flyer will be up next week.

Parking

Parking is really bad in front of the store, the bar a few shops down tries to reserve as many spots as possible, and puts chairs in front of spots to block for customers only. Fortunately, there is usually a good amount of residential parking on the both sides of the store.

Pro Bracket Payout

1st: 50% of pot
2nd: 25% of pot
3rd: 10% of pot
4th: 5% of pot
5th: 3% of pot
5th: 3% of pot
7th: 2% of pot
7th: 2% of pot

Doubles Payouts

1st - 58% of pot
2nd - 28% of pot
3rd - 9% of pot
4th - 5% of pot
*If less than 20 teams enter, payout will be top 3*

Check out the link below for more information on the Elite Four Series.
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=102942

Mike Haze
(818)445-5789
MikeHazeGaming@gmail.com

baka4moé

Smash Champion
gah, this conflicts with road to apex atm D: (which i believe is melee and brawl too). sorry for the news mike...

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Considering. About $300 to fly down is the lowest I've found so far (Southwest has $104 Friday evening after work, but the Sunday prices are all $184, then + tax).

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Considering. About $300 to fly down is the lowest I've found so far (Southwest has $104 Friday evening after work, but the Sunday prices are all $184, then + tax).
maybe try some of that name your own price deals?

Pushed this back a few weeks for everyone :)

commence

we're going to be starting a donation thread to get an out of region player out to the tournament - http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=119493

if there is enough Melee hype, i'd be down to do the same.
Hmm... idk who I would like to see there. How about Fatal? Could be an interesting choice. Or Fino. idk, some really good player (esp from their region), that's not like one of the always commonly mentioned pros that would usually end up playing you guys at large nationals anyway.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I might actually be in town randomly this weekend. So MAYBE I'll come out :)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Oh ok haha. Yeah man, Leon coming to this would be so ****. Ramin would be a cool alternative choice too. Is Leon's English good like Ramin's?

:phone:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Leon would be awesome! That would take serious donations/time/dedication though, but it's doable. I'd rather see that!

Kain, Reflex, MJG, Shugo, Big Lou, ESAM--are good choices, but especially Kain & Reflex. I think those two are really good choices. Who knows--will there be enough funds for both of them to come? I think you should do unrepresented regions who have a great player.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Oh ok haha. Yeah man, Leon coming to this would be so ****. Ramin would be a cool alternative choice too. Is Leon's English good like Ramin's?

:phone:
It's not as good as Ramin's, but Leon's improved his English a lot lately. Either Leon or Ramin would be absolutely amazing.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Leon would be awesome! That would take serious donations/time/dedication though, but it's doable. I'd rather see that!

Kain, Reflex, MJG, Shugo, Big Lou, ESAM--are good choices, but especially Kain & Reflex. I think those two are really good choices. Who knows--will there be enough funds for both of them to come? I think you should do unrepresented regions who have a great player.
This. I second all of it. But my main vote would be Reflex!

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
TheReflexWonder told me to post here.

At first I was like, PSHAAAAAAAAAW NAAAAAH. Gimme 20 dollas and we'll talk.

But then I was like, okay :(

(You won't regret it)

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Yea Reflex should deff be on there figuring his last atlantic north tourney was SNES if I remember correctly......:O So get luis out to APEX!!!!!

Top Bottom