• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Me? I believe it's likely going to be Pac-Man. Nothing more. I feel we could get Mewtwo or Jiggs any day now. Dixie Kong or King K. Rool are also viable possibilities for E3.

I almost want Ridley to be deconfirmed just to see major butthurt - that way everyone could feel how I felt when Toad was "deconfirmed" (even though it's not even official)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Me? I believe it's likely going to be Pac-Man. Nothing more. I feel we could get Mewtwo or Jiggs any day now. Dixie Kong or King K. Rool are also viable possibilities for E3.

I almost want Ridley to be deconfirmed just to see major butthurt - that way everyone could feel how I felt when Toad was "deconfirmed" (even though it's not even official)
To be fair the amount of b-hurt will be equal no matter what Ridley's status. I have a hard time thinking of a character with a hatebase as big (besides the anti-furry spillover on Krystal.)

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Because

A) I don't think he's gonna make it in.
B) I'd like Ridley - I would. But if they can put Ridley (an overrated character IMO), then they can put Toad and many others in too.
That's true but when you look at it he's the only real option in the metroid series, There's too many important mario characters too put in someone like a toad. Sure there's rundas, who was one and done although I wish he wasn't, dark samus could be cool but would feel like samus with a different moveset.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
That's true but when you look at it he's the only real option in the metroid series, There's too many important mario characters too put in someone like a toad. Sure there's rundas, who was one and done although I wish he wasn't, dark samus could be cool but would feel like samus with a different moveset.
Too many important options?

Toad has been in almost every Mario game to date - He's been playable in multiple games, including SMB2, Mario 3D World, and every installment of Mario kart ever.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Because

A) I don't think he's gonna make it in.
B) I'd like Ridley - I would. But if they can put Ridley (an overrated character IMO), then they can put Toad and many others in too.

watch these 3 videos man

Thanks to felicafan444 for the brilliant videos

Anyways I'm sorry if this ruins your whole theory

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Too many important options?

Toad has been in almost every Mario game to date - He's been playable in multiple games, including SMB2, Mario 3D World, and every installment of Mario kart ever.
Toad is more of a raceof people than a single character, there is some individuals though

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Yes because Toad isn't overrated at all, no totally not.

It's not like one is a major antagonist while the other is a side character in pretty much every game he's in.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I so hate ppl who wish an character exclusion because they want them to feel the pain that they feel there character did not make it. I don't care much for mac but I am glad he is in for the fans. I see if you had some logical reason to not want him in but just not wanting him in just for spike is wrong.

peachy!

super princess
I think it is too early to predict E3 reveals right now, especially since it is possible we’ll get one or two more newcomers before the event.

I do not want Pac-Man to be in this game, but it’s a reveal worthy of E3. A battle between Mario, Sonic, Megaman, and Pac-Man in one of those beautiful CGI trailers would be epic to say the least.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I think it is too early to predict E3 reveals right now, especially since it is possible we’ll get one or two more newcomers before the event.

I do not want Pac-Man to be in this game, but it’s a reveal worthy of E3. A battle between Mario, Sonic, Megaman, and Pac-Man in one of those beautiful CGI trailers would be epic to say the least.
That is exactly what I want lol. The 4 biggest icons of 90's Gaming representing 4 epic companies - just blows my mind.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I'm hoping they just reveal all characters but there's not enough ballsiness to do that but...

1. We MAY get more veterans and we WILL get at least one newcomer. I'm suspicious because of the trailer rule

2. All depends on the show floor. #prayforshowfloor

3. We're getting a release date no second question UNLESS it's delayed to next year. They wouldn't risk PAX Prime. Nintendo almost never risks doing things at a PAX and this'll be one of the few titles out this year with no release date.

4. Demo. At least a private one.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm hoping they just reveal all characters but there's not enough ballsiness to do that but...

1. We MAY get more veterans and we WILL get at least one newcomer. I'm suspicious because of the trailer rule

3. We're getting a release date no second question UNLESS it's delayed to next year. They wouldn't risk PAX Prime. Nintendo almost never risks doing things at a PAX and this'll be one of the few titles out this year with no release date.

Cool speculations.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Toad is more of a raceof people than a single character, there is some individuals though
Yoshi, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, and Pichu would like to have a word with you.

Heck, even ROB. A species can be playable as a single character.

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team

It's never too early, but I think it's more productive/realistic to talk about what we expect to see that isn't just characters. Should we expect a release date? No? Why or why not?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

No bad of a theory

I'm not sure if any more veterans will be in the next smash bros trailer (no new veteran characters)

It will probably between 1 to 4 newcomers at E3

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
No bad of a theory

I'm not sure if any more veterans will be in the next smash bros trailer (no new veteran characters)

It will probably between 1 to 4 newcomers at E3
It could go either way; no one knows

My worry is that we've only got a character per trailer, but that's not a sure rule.

Peekolow

Smash Cadet
Who knows, Pac-Man and the Mii might cause actual hype that the games will be pre-ordered with an increase Wii U sales by 300%. :troll:
what about ridley?

characters I want to see
pac man
ridley
toad
i do not know why everyone wants king k rool. did you guys forget? k rool and all of the kremlings belong to microsoft now. its like saying conker4smash.
but to be fair, k rool was in the mario sluggers game for the wii in his last game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peekolow

Smash Cadet
My way Newcomers Shulk Pac Man Chrom Mii And Krystal,
Veterans Mewtwo Captain Falcon Ness Mr. Game and Watch Meta Knight ZSS and Wario,
Confirmation of Alternate Costumes,
And Release Date 6/16/14 [Wii U] 6/18/14 [3DS]
june is a bit too early. a few days after E3 is possible but after the wii u release 4 days later the 3ds? they have to let the wii u sales flow a little bit so they get more sales.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
characters I want to see
pac man
ridley
toad
i do not know why everyone wants king k rool. did you guys forget? k rool and all of the kremlings belong to microsoft now. its like saying conker4smash.
but to be fair, k rool was in the mario sluggers game for the wii in his last game.
I'm pretty sure that nothing DK related is Rare's otherwise the entire Kong clan would be theirs too

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I am also hoping to see ridley, miis, palutena, reggie, mewtwo or any other big hitter characters. I could also see them either announcing all or most veterans although somewhat unlikely, or even that they bought sega. I also hope to see geno or Layton but it's a 50/50 chance. I also could see Namco's newcomer( most likely pac man but I could see us getting trolled and getting goku which I honestly wouldn't mind.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am going to speculate that we will get either a newcomer trailer or "Trailer 2." We'll probably see some more veterans and gameplay footage along with a newcomer or two. (maybe three)

As for newcomers, I am going to predict that we might see Shulk, Palutena, Pac-Man, Miis, Mewtwo, Ridley, or King K. Rool. I sense we might see 1-3 of those characters.

If I saw Bomberman though…

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I am going to speculate that we will get either a newcomer trailer or "Trailer 2." We'll probably see some more veterans and gameplay footage along with a newcomer or two. (maybe three)

As for newcomers, I am going to predict that we might see Shulk, Palutena, Pac-Man, Miis, Mewtwo, Ridley, or King K. Rool. I sense we might see 1-3 of those characters.

Bomberman,, that would also be amazing!

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337

Since we got 3 newcomers last time, I predict that Shulk, Pac-man, and Palutena will be shown this e3.
Also it is possible that Bomberman could replace Snake as a konami rep, him or Simon Belmont.

jacobj77

Smash Rookie
I think Ridley will be a BIG character announcement.:troll:

But then who would take the place of the enemy on the metroid stage?

Top Bottom