• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
if mii is to be revealed it might be best to reveal it at e3 along with 2 hype characters

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If there's only 5 characters left to reveal and it's one every two months that would tie in with a December release. Perhaps more than one would be shown at E3 but it would have to be characters who's reveal wouldn't completely overshadow the other.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Now that I think about it, your right you have to be a metroid fan to know ridley but everyone knows pacman and everyone with a wii knows what a mii is. I just hope miis do not show up because they are just a waste of a spot in my mind. If they get in over ridley i would be upset.
Yeah, we shouldn't add a character/avatar with extreme importance to Nintendo history because some guy says they're a wasted slot, better bring back Pichu or Dr. Mario, those unique characters!

- Sakurai

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Yeah, we shouldn't add a character/avatar with extreme importance to Nintendo history because some guy says they're a wasted slot, better bring back Pichu or Dr. Mario, those unique characters!

- Sakurai
He didn't say anything about Dr. Mario or Pichu. There's nothing wrong with not wanting Mii. There's plenty of good characters to draw from for SSB4.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm thinking (and hoping) E3 will sort of follow last years reveals, as in have a 3rd party, iconic reveal like Mega Man (that being Pac-Man), then a requested, but perhaps not entirely expected popular character like Villager (Ridley or K. Rool or maybe Mewtwo... or something else) and then to top it off a random choice like Wii Fit Trainer (so maybe Mii could fit in this, or then something totally out of the blue).

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman

- Sakurai
Ya because mii's are so unique, who cares if they're popular. And i definetley did not say anything about dr mario or pichu i think better charcaters should have been added over them

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Ya because mii's are so unique, who cares if they're popular. And i definetley did not say anything about dr mario or pichu i think better charcaters should have been added over them
You forgot important and iconic.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I'm thinking (and hoping) E3 will sort of follow last years reveals, as in have a 3rd party, iconic reveal like Mega Man (that being Pac-Man), then a requested, but perhaps not entirely expected popular character like Villager (Ridley or K. Rool or maybe Mewtwo... or something else) and then to top it off a random choice like Wii Fit Trainer (so maybe Mii could fit in this, or then something totally out of the blue).
Pacman
Mewtwo
Mii
And Some vets.

Dunno i just see this

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I wonder what model they will use for Pacman the Ghostly Adventures or Pacman World design?

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
Pre E-3: I'm gonna say we will get Chrom in an April direct and then Wario to coincide with the Mario Kart release. Obviously Yoshi for the New Island release.

E-3: They will probably give us a release date and show us a couple of newcomers and veterans. My guess would be Ridley, Mewtwo, and Pacman for the newcomers and Meta Knight, G&W, Ike, and Captain Falcon for the veterans.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Somehow I get the feeling that Snake might be a revealed veteran at E3. Either that or PacMan will be shown. Dunno why.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Less than 100 days to go.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Alright, Shadow will definitely be confirmed at E3. Why? Look at this:

See that little thingy on the left side that is totally and utterly not a wrinkle? Now look at this:

It's exactly the same. SHADOW CONFIRMED FOR SMASH 4

loljk. Serious talk, there's no way in Hell he'd ever be announced. Also, I expect at least 2 newcomers to be shown at E3. I'm sort of hoping one of them is Ridley, but I'm still rather cautious about it. I don't really have any other predictions, though. Mewtwo returning would be nice though.

Last edited:

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
I like Pacman's Ghostly Adventures design. for Smash 4

Alright, Shadow will definitely be confirmed at E3. Why? Look at this:

See that little thingy on the left side that is totally and utterly not a wrinkle? Now look at this:

It's exactly the same. SHADOW CONFIRMED FOR SMASH 4

loljk. Serious talk, there's no way in Hell he'd ever be announced. Also, I expect at least 2 newcomers to be shown at E3. I'm sort of hoping one of them is Ridley, but I'm still rather cautious about it. I don't really have any other predictions, though. Mewtwo returning would be nice though.
Well almost confirmed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Any PacMan design would be good to me. Probably because I'm not a huge Pac fan, as having only played like two of his games.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Any PacMan design would be good to me. Probably because I'm not a huge Pac fan, as having only played like two of his games.
To be fair, I don't care too much about what design he gets (I mean, if he gets in at all, I'll be ecstatic), it's just interesting to discuss since he's had so many designs over the years.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
To be fair, I don't care too much about what design he gets (I mean, if he gets in at all, I'll be ecstatic), it's just interesting to discuss since he's had so many designs over the years.
I found that out just looking him up on Google Images, though the most obvious change in design is the eyes.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I found that out just looking him up on Google Images, though the most obvious change in design is the eyes.
Definitely. That, and the saturation of his color scheme, the complexity of his design, and, of course, the little details like the size of the nose, mouth, and placement of the eyebrows and arms change. It doesn't sound like much, but it's actually kinda significant when you add it all up.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Definitely. That, and the saturation of his color scheme, the complexity of his design, and, of course, the little details like the size of the nose, mouth, and placement of the eyebrows and arms change. It doesn't sound like much, but it's actually kinda significant when you add it all up.
Wow. I dare say he has more significant design changes than Sonic, who's fanbase rages constantly about the small stuff. But anyways, all PacMan's designs seem great in their own ways, so all of them would be welcome to me. Perhaps as character customization options or something maybe

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Unless Sakurai proves worthy enough to show off the Mii's very unique abilities, I don't think the Mii will be shown. Pac-Man is a given, and maybe other third parties Sakurai might have his disposal. Maybe a troll character like Dr. Kawashima to do a WFT again. There's Shulk and Palutena as possibilities. Or maybe Tom Nook to reference the Villager's Smash letter he was reading a year ago. :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think at most we'll get two newcomers. One whose trailer will be tied into a general trailer like the villager and if there is one a third party.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I think at most we'll get two newcomers. One whose trailer will be tied into a general trailer like the villager and if there is one a third party.
Hope the trailer has more gameplay

Im sure there will be a playable demo and people will record with there phones so quite abit of gameplay will be on Youtube!

Ow man cant wait for E3 it maybe better than last years! Well i hope nintendos confrence/direct is.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster

Im sure there will be a playable demo and people will record with there phones so quite abit of gameplay will be on Youtube!

Ow man cant wait for E3 it maybe better than last years! Well i hope nintendos confrence/direct is.
Should also have a downloadable demo on eshop afterwards for those who can't make it to E3, or can't afford it. Like me :(

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

I can't even imagine what the E3 will be like this year I'm sure there's going to be a nuclear er explosion size of hype of the smash bros trailers ( I mean mewtwo and ridley are very likely to be shown there)

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
For the good of Nintendo I hope they show Ridley, Mewtwo and King K. Rool or Shulk to get massive hype in E3.
.n_n.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
They're more than likely going to show off a hype character followed by a WTF character at E3, and also a release date. Hopefully the game doesn't get delayed as many times as Brawl did.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If there's only 5 characters left to reveal and it's one every two months that would tie in with a December release. Perhaps more than one would be shown at E3 but it would have to be characters who's reveal wouldn't completely overshadow the other.
Aren't you assuming there won't be one or two newcomers unannounced before launch?

I don't think overshadowing is a concern for them, Megaman did plenty of that at last years E3.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If my math is right, we have exactly 50 pictures of the day until E3.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I personally think Pac-Man World Pac-Man was the best Pacman design, kept enough from the classic Pac-Man while still looking peppy and modern.

Top Bottom