• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

GamerTimeUS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WinningAlex13
1. We will get a new trailer (An Official Trailer)

2. More Concept Art and Box Arrt

4. E3 Demo of the game

5. Chrom and another 3rd Party Character

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I think we will get Chrom in April so at E3 I'll say
Newcomers: Pacman, Mii, Ridley, Palutena
Veterans: Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Wario, ZSS, Mewtwo, Meta Knight

Release Date: September 2014

Last edited:

Boston Sean

Smash Rookie
NNID
mason385
My Predictions for Pre E3 And E3
Pre E3: March- They will reveal a vetran to the series- My guess Wario
In april there will be a nintendo direct which will reveal one vetran and one newcomer- The vertan will be Captain Falcon to go along with a new Captain Falcon game that they will announce for 3DS. And the New commer will be The Mii

Then At E3: We will get a universal release date for all regions. November 2014
Demo
Box Art
A new controller for the Wii U that resembles a Game Cube controller
And the remaning charters in Smash 4 that they want us to know about will be revealed
Vetrans: Yoshi, Falco, Pokemon Trainer, Jiggly Puff
New Commers: Ridley, Chrom, Knuckles

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I expect at least 3 newcomers as well as some veteran reveals. Falcon's probably being saved for E3 to generate hype.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Falcon has become the face of Smash in many ways. Out of any possible veteran reveal, his will likely generate the most hype.
*cough*Mewtwo*cough*

But outside of that, yeah, he'd probably be the most hype. Falcon Punch in HD and on the go, can you imagine?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I don't consider Mewtwo a veteran for reveal purposes. He's a newcomer as far as SSB4 is concerned given his absence in Brawl. I do expect him to be revealed at E3 if he's in, as he has the most potential to generate hype out of any of the "core" Nintendo characters people here on Smashboards consider likely.

D

Deleted member

I consider Mewtwo as a veteran. Regardless, I still think that he might get his own special trailer like the newcomers have been getting. I can see him get revealed at E3 as well.
Speaking of which, I wonder how many characters they will reveal at E3…

Waite

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rumpojec
You know, something that many people don't mention is that Mass Effect 3 came out on the Wii U.

I'm just saying, Wrex or Shepard would be killer. .05% chance, but after the Snake reveal in Brawl that slapped me in the face unexpectedly, I can hope, right?

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
You know, something that many people don't mention is that Mass Effect 3 came out on the Wii U.

I'm just saying, Wrex or Shepard would be killer. .05% chance, but after the Snake reveal in Brawl that slapped me in the face unexpectedly, I can hope, right?
0% chance. Mass Effect has no commercial or personal connection to Nintendo, unlike Snake or any other major third-party candidate.

D

Deleted member

0% chance. Mass Effect has no commercial or personal connection to Nintendo, unlike Snake or any other major third-party candidate.
Not to mention that EA has been dismissing the Wii U recently. I doubt that they would want to have any association with Nintendo, which includes putting in a character in Smash.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Well, provided the game hasn't come out yet by E3 time, a few things could happen. One, they show off any possible single player gameplay modes, like adventure mode. Two, they show a third party character, like Solid Snake and Pac-Man. Three, popular characters not yet confirmed are shown off, like Mewtwo or King K. Rool. At least, that's what I would take from it. And likely a release date would pop up too.

Also, if we did have to wait until E3 for a large chunk of news again, playable demos at the stage floor could also be a thing. And we would probably get one more character that almost no one has thought of.
If there is a playable demo there sure thing people would be whipping out their camera phones so they will be quite abit of gameplay on Youtube :)

Like the mario vs megaman at E3 2013.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Characters that could be revealed at E3

Veterans (Captain Falcon, Wario, R.O.B, ZSS, Meta knight, Mewtwo)(only if they have not ben confirmed ofcoarse)

Newcomers (Chrom, Ridley, Lip, Duck hunt dog,Takamaru,Mach rider)

GamerTimeUS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WinningAlex13
The chances of having a GameCube style controller are 1 in 1000. All consoles go through a change at some point with controllers. Just buy a Pro Controller.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm thinking that Sakurai's gonna save E3 for the big shot characters such as Ridley, Shadow, Paultena, Mii, and Dixie Kong. As for stages, I hope we get a ton of them, as far as stages now, we don't know nothin!

GamerTimeUS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WinningAlex13
I'm thinking that Sakurai's gonna save E3 for the big shot characters such as Ridley, Shadow, Paultena, Mii, and Dixie Kong. As for stages, I hope we get a ton of them, as far as stages now, we don't know nothin!
I do believe Riley and Shadow will not be playable.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
We definitely won't be getting any repeat 3rd party reps from the same franchise.

The biggest "heavy hitters" possible for E3 are probably Mii and Pac-Man, sadly. As popular as Ridley is, he's nothing compared to those two in the eyes of the massive casual fanbase that watches or follows E3.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
We definitely won't be getting any repeat 3rd party reps from the same franchise.

The biggest "heavy hitters" possible for E3 are probably Mii and Pac-Man, sadly. As popular as Ridley is, he's nothing compared to those two in the eyes of the massive casual fanbase that watches or follows E3.
We're not gonna know for sure until it happens.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Sakurai's made his stance on the special and limited nature of third parties pretty clear.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
No, you're only saying that because that's what others think.
Sakurai said:
Sakurai: I'm really sorry. If I were to answer that question, I'd get in a lot of trouble in a lot of different ways, so I can't answer. (laughter) But I think I can say generally that there won't be a trend of adding a lot of third-party characters. You can sort of think of Mega Man as being the special case.
http://kotaku.com/an-in-depth-chat-with-the-genius-behind-super-smash-bro-530744390

Pac-Man will be the big third-party E3 reveal if we get one.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Maybe, as much as I would like it if PacMan received any recognition, I don't see a move set or Final Smash for him, so it's more likely that we'll get a second Sonic representative. No offense.
You don't see the OBVIOUS Pac-Man Final Smash? Seriously? How about you visit the Pac-Man thread in the support section for movesets.

Also, no it really isn't likely to get a second Sonic rep.

Last edited:

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman

Now that I think about it, your right you have to be a metroid fan to know ridley but everyone knows pacman and everyone with a wii knows what a mii is. I just hope miis do not show up because they are just a waste of a spot in my mind. If they get in over ridley i would be upset.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I suspect we'll get a new character in April, one that's from an existing series and in June (aka E3) we'll get a real hype announcement.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I did play pac-man world 1 and 2
At least you did.
I suspect we'll get a new character in April, one that's from an existing series and in June (aka E3) we'll get a real hype announcement.
Pretty much what I'm thinking. A new series can be possible though; those usually go on the start of our roster.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Pac-Man is the only one I'm actually confident about appearing at E3. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ridley, K. Rool, Palutena, or Miis either, though.

Top Bottom