• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
SAL ROMANO UPDATE SAYS:
- Last E3 before game's launch (obviously)
- Participating characters: Pac-Man, Mii Fighter, Goddess Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men (none of these are new, obv, so I take he means these are the participating characters for E3?)
- There has been internal debate about keeping Lucas versus Ness, apparently Lucas is likely to get the cut
- Nintendo is planning post-launch character DLC, source doesn't like this as he thinks it's greedy

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Welp. That's pretty much what all he's got really. So if none of that happens today? Sal's source is dead in the water.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
Good god....I have to wait until 2PM to watch....my god....I think I might explode...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
SAL ROMANO UPDATE SAYS:
- Participating characters: Pac-Man, Mii Fighter, Goddess Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men (none of these are new, obv, so I take he means these are the participating characters for E3?)
- There has been internal debate about keeping Lucas versus Ness, apparently Lucas is likely to get the cut
- Nintendo is planning post-launch character DLC, source doesn't like this as he thinks it's greedy
Now I'm not liking Sal so much.

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
SAL ROMANO UPDATE SAYS:
That's ridiculous. I'll send you 100$ by the post if this is true because I'm so confident about how you're gullible

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also wouldn't a decision such as Lucas being cut already have been made this late in the roster's life? I mean....3DS releases extremely soon.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Not sure why my AVAST! Anti-virus went haywire when I clicked on the leak posted and then went to click on "The Guard" picture.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
SAL ROMANO UPDATE SAYS:
Isn't it incredibly odd that if this is true, according to Sal himself, we won't have any secret newcomers?

Unless he's still keeping some of them hidden (or just doesn't know all of them)

Still if true I can't complain about Shulk. Even the character dlc could act as a lifeline for Isaac and Mewtwo....

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Isn't it incredibly odd that if this is true, according to Sal himself, we won't have any secret newcomers?

Unless he's still keeping some of them hidden (or just doesn't know all of them)

Still if true I can't complain about Shulk. Even the character dlc could act as a lifeline for Isaac and Mewtwo....
If Mewtwo returns he'd be a veteran.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
If I remember correctly, the winner of the invitational faces Sakurai, who will use a yet-to-be-revealed character.
This would be an awesome way to show off a newcomer. Hope he has been practicing lol. If Sakurai loses he will nurf the character that beat him. :troll:

Last edited:

TheHidden

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5069-4330-3482
THE STREAM IS UP(at least that weird part where its just empty,but anyways)THE HYPE TRAIN IS ON STANDBY AND READY TO LAUNCH

KingLucasx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordViLL
Sal said Lucas is likely to get cut....Fake not after sakurai wanting him over ness in melee. Then again I have doubts seeing lucas in this game since ness is the original 12.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
My body is ready. Just managed to get 2 hours sleep leading up to this

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I believe Sal. I think DLC is actually a good idea.
Me too. I'm actually in support of NFC DLC. It'd be hype if they were still revealing Smash characters post-release. Plus NFC could give you cool collectable figures.

Top Bottom