• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
Reddit is an online forum (sort of like this one.) AMA stands for "Ask Me Anything", which will usually be in a thread title like "I worked on the set of Jurassic Park, ask me anything"

Basically, users submit questions and Zero is going to answer them.

Don't expect anything, guys. He'll probably just give his impressions on the game, and deny being given any secret information from Nintendo.

Last edited:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Maybe. Just maybe. They awarded ZeRo the honor of revealing one character at his own discretion for winning the invitational.. :urg: hype train wreck no survivors..

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
WHAT?! Why couldn't they have ended E3 with that?!
Probably because even if they have started working on it, it's probably in a stage where it not even guarantee that development is going to procced. Even with Star Fox where they haven't shown much of anything, it's probably at least at a point where they plan to go through with the process. There is no such guarantee or promise from Nintendo at this point and they probably don't want to make promises unless they know their ready to step forward with it.

Last edited:

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
I don't think there will be a link until he makes the thread at 7:00 PST

I'll check though.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was a good E3. It sold me on Hyrule Warriors since I was on the fence on it, and I already knew I'd be buying the Pokemon games.

The Captain Toad levels were some of my least favorite, so I doubt I'll be picking up the Captain Toad game, but I'd probably watch someone else play it on Youtube or something.

I want more information on STEAM before I decide, but I like AW and FE, so I'll likely end up buying it.

Mario Party 10 won't be a day 1 buy, but if it gets decent reviews I'd consider it.

Yoshi's Wooly World is also better looking that expected, but if it's as easy as Kirby's Epic Yarn, I'll pass.

Layton vs Phoenix Wright is absolutely a buy as well.

No real info on Star Fox Wii U or Zelda Wii U, but I'm intrigued by both of them.

I think Splatoon looks kind of fun, but I'm on the fence on it as well.

I'm sure I'll pick up some of the Amiibo when they come out too (Samus, Link, and Zelda or Marth depending on price).

Overall, I felt Nintendo had a good show, and Miis are better than I expected for Smash (which helps offset Palutena being a bit less interesting than I expected). I'm still not that excited about Pac Man, but I'll probably warm up to him eventually.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Is he answering in a different thread?(like one where only he can post so he doesn't get even more questions).

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Is he answering in a different thread?(like one where only he can post so he doesn't get even more questions).
My guess is he'll wait for a bit until a pile of the most voted questions form before he starts giving answers.

EDIT: Yeah this is going nowhere. Apparently the questions that get the most up votes will be the ones answered, so naturally everyone is down voting each others' posts so that their own will get higher. Bottom line, this AMA is a disaster.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
In the meantime while we wait

Nintendo Representation vs Actual Owners

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
The responses will be in the same thread.

(I've read a few AMA's)

Last edited:

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
My guess is he'll wait for a bit until a pile of the most voted questions form before he starts giving answers.

EDIT: Yeah this is going nowhere. Apparently the questions that get the most up votes will be the ones answered, so naturally everyone is down voting each others' posts so that their own will get higher. Bottom line, this AMA is a disaster.
Yea, my first post on Reddit EVER and it's immediately downvoted into oblivion. No wonder 4chan says Reddit is cancer.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Yea, my first post on Reddit EVER and it's immediately downvoted into oblivion. No wonder 4chan says Reddit is cancer.
He just changed the rules and will answer his favorite questions instead. At this rate I'll just go to bed and see if anything worthwhile came out tomorrow.

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
That's funny coming from 4chan (I agree though..)
He's just going to pick his favorite question now, irrespective of how thumbed up it is

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Some people have posted this in the Ridley thread.
Ah, if only.

I wonder if that Zero guy really did get insider information on an unrevealed character for winning the tournament. Doubt it, but it's worth asking, I guess.

----

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Well guys, I've officially given up hope on character announcements. What a bummer, I hope we get some kind of veteran announcement soon at least.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I mean. Why such a big gap between Smashfest dates? Isn't the end of Smashfest the real end of Smash at E3? What if Saturday is a different demo or something?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It's just odd that they picked Wednesday and Saturday and not every day in between. Maybe so staff doesn't play all night? I don't know.
The staff that was handling the Demo at the Best Buy I was at looked to be around 50-60. They probably chose employees who weren't tempted to play the games for themselves.

Last edited:
Top Bottom