• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
At this point, I doubt we'll see any more significant Smash news until the Tokyo Games Show. Isn't that in September?

They may announce a veteran or two before then, but that depends on just how big this cast will be. Plus, Sakurai has stated before that he still likes leaving secrets, so I don't think everything will be announced before the 3DS release.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, except the nervousness I got because of the trailer of the modes at the digital events (why did you do this to me?), I loved this E3.

Smash? Great and surprising. I was sceptical on the miis but they look very good and well implemented. I didn't care for pacman but now, I LOVE HIM mainly for the fact that he's similar to game and watch (artstyle is so different that seems out of place but for me, it gives a big unique and original feel). He may become my new main idk. As for Palutena, I guess it's good but I wasn't supporting her that much though, her special customization is more varied so there's that. Also, imo, she had the most chances so no surprise here. I really got too overhyped over this tease trailer because it was teasing the things I was looking forward the most and this makes me sad. Looking forward to more details on potd.

Zelda? Seems good but I would need more details. So far, Love the visuals.

Starfox? Don't care but I guess that's awesome.

Captain toad? Think I'm going to buy it. I loved those sections in sm3dw but pushing it seems a great idea.

Splatoon? AWESOME BUY IT NEXT!!

Rest I didn't care that much. STEAM would need for me to watch the footages again but I'm not sure on this one. Still, great E3 that I think is better than last year.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I think all of us just need to watch a recap of Day 1 and everyone's opinions of how E3 went will change. This was actually one of the best E3's in a while if you ignore how boring it was today. It's also time for me to say goodbye to this thread that I have loved for so long now.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
*starts playing Riot by Three Days Grace in the background*

I just read through the last 9 pages.

*insert Mr Krabs swearing like a sailor here*

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
WHAT?! Why couldn't they have ended E3 with that?!
A new Metroid game hasn't been announced, they're only talking about it. They don't have anything to show.

At this point, I doubt we'll see any more significant Smash news until the Tokyo Games Show. Isn't that in September?

They may announce a veteran or two before then, but that depends on just how big this cast will be. Plus, Sakurai has stated before that he still likes leaving secrets, so I don't think everything will be announced before the 3DS release.
What people keep forgetting is that TGS comes out after the Japanese 3DS game releases. I checked the dates; Smash 3DS is a few days before TGS.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
A new Metroid game hasn't been announced, they're only talking about it. They don't have anything to show.
To be honest, if all they did was fade into the Metroid logo from a black background and then have that fade into 2016 with some Metroid music it would have been enough to hype up most of us.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
Who's Zero anyway?

Maybe don't drop the ol' F-Bomb with a bloody gif like that.
Just sayin'. :drwtf:
It said the f word? I honestly didn't notice. XD
Derp on me.

Discrimination isn't funny, what's wrong with you?
I'm not a homophobe that's wut.
Lighten up. If I was serious I would've said way worse c:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I feel like we've formed a family here. All of us trudging through the stream, together.

We got nothing at the end, but we had some fun times.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
So from a smash perspective it was good.I was hoping for someone less obvious,but it was still cool and we got so much details like:
Hours of gameplay footage.A huge tournament.3 newcomers(5 if you count the miis as seperate).Smash run stuff and much more.

Splatoon looks amazing!If there is only a couple boards I don't see it worth $60
Mario Maker looks hilarious I'll be trolling with almost impossible levels
I love Zelda so zelda U was cool(Need more gameplay)
Hyrule Warriors Another fun game that I don't see as worth $60
MH4U looks cool insta buy for me.

Well I hope all of you had a fun E3!
One last thing is why did it end at wii sports.WHY!?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajU2aVn-ses&feature=kp

Last edited:

juddy96

Smash Lord
If it is it's Game & Watch.

And that'd for me be the veteran I probably want to see the least. Well, no....Jigglypuff or Snake, but point is it'd be Game & Watch.
At least POTD now has regained hype with potential veteran reveals over the next 3 months. Don't care who, veteran reveals are nice.

Top Bottom