• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Tottenham

Smash Cadet
World Cup started today so at least I'll have something to do for a few weeks. In the end it was an interesting E3, we didn't get much info about vets but it was nice anyway.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I factored that coolness into the gorgeousness. I fully mean it as a compliment to her character when I say she's the type of woman I'd like to meet sometime.

Anyway, were we talking about games? Or something? I forget now.
Oh right, of course. Then yes, I completely agree, ha. She also wasn't as aggressively annoying as some of the other reps there, which is good.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
To be honest Smash Direct had more information ABOUT SMASH BROS. than E3
This event wasn't all Smash people, in fact a lot of Nintendo fans that aren't into Smash were upset by the amount it was featured.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
My main disappointment was the lack of Zelda U news. No Zelda reveal may ever be better than this one:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
But was it better than E3 2004? Maybe... maybe
We got new IPs. One of which looked very awesome! (Splatoon)

There is a Wii U Star Fox game in the works.

Hyrule Warriors looks very promising.

Nintendo gave us a lot of great stuff, so much that we wanted more.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
To be honest Smash Direct had more information than E3
Because E3 is all about Nintendo. Smash Direct was about Smash.

I know Smash is a huge game for Nintendo, but the Wii U wont survive solely on it.

As a Nintendo fan, I loved this years E3.

As a Smash fan, I loved this years E3. So what, we didn't get any veterans? Stop acting so entitled. We got three newcomers and hours of footage.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Well this was fun...It was a Good e3, not to mention how much fun it was!
(Also, I dare somebody to go watch the Treehouse streams to count how many times they said "Troll" or "Trolling")
:troll:

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Because E3 is all about Nintendo. Smash Direct was about Smash.

I know Smash is a huge game for Nintendo, but the Wii U wont survive solely on it.

As a Nintendo fan, I loved this years E3.

As a Smash fan, I loved this years E3. So what, we didn't get any veterans? Stop acting so entitled. We got three newcomers and hours of footage.
nah I am not being entitled I am just disappointed that the hype train crashed on sports club.
I really did enjoy those new games

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I thinks a bit silly to demand people be satisfied with what we got. Since what we got isn't necessarily what everyone wanted. That's just how it goes.

It's like giving an English speaker a novel written in Arabic and giving out to them when they say "WTF?".

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
...So, that's it. I guess.
...OK Then.
...Back to our normal lives.
...But why end on Wii Sports?

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Welp, it's been fun, folks. Thanks to those of you who updated this thread when my internet wouldn't allow me to stream. To my fellow optimists, keep the faith! See ya'll around the forums!

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I personally think that this E3 would have been better if it had just ended on the first day. There was practically nothing new afterwards.
I disagree. But maybe an extra day of a Treehouse was a little unnecessary. I'd prefer E3 + a day of Treehouse.

To be honest Smash Direct had more information than E3
E3 isn't Smash-only, that might be why.

E3 overall was a success I'd say. Hyrule Warriors looks amazing - an instant pick-up on release day even. A new Star Fox game is good news. Xenoblade looks great. Some IPs such as Project Guard, Splatoon, Devil's Third and even Captain Toad look fun at first glance.

Smash was mostly gameplay but I can accept hours of that. We still got three newcomers, each of them looking unique and a release date for at least one of the versions. Zelda U was merely teased but graphically it looked stunning.

Right now it's back to waiting. I'll be checking the POTD's every day, even though I'm expecting filler next week it might still be worth a view. Still a few months before the game releases so it's entirely possible that this game sees information on one or two future Nintendo directs. A Smash-only direct is still very possible.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
At least we know the SBB4 PotD's will still have vet reveals for the next few months. I'm sure there's plenty of stuff to still look forward to.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
Can someone link me the video where Sakurai says "have you ever made a game"?
I need to see this.
It wasn't filmed, unfortunately, which I think is my main complaint about this E3, other than how it ended with Wii Sports. They should have streamed the Smash and Steam round tables, they would have been infinitely better than Treehouse.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So, who do you think will be the next Veteran revealed? :troll:

juddy96

Smash Lord
The good thing is, POTD still has some hype now that no veterans were officially revealed at E3.

Top Bottom