• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
See, we are making assumptions about the roster, only to find out that we are missing one or two veterans (excluding Snake, Ivy and Squi).
We may suggest that at K Rool place we have one of the vet (Falcon), but that would mean only 14 newcomers ;
-The 11 from the leak
-Ridley
-Rosalina
-Pokemon newcomer (Sceptile ?)

Now if that's still a lot, I keep finding it low... I expected 16 newcomers and all the vets - Ivy and Squi. (Yeah I want Snake)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
57 is ridiculous. I can see us getting 50 totally not 57. lol
Which is why I'm calling that leak bull. From the looks of it, we're getting a whopping 57 character roster but with no Ridley?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Well the leak is probably fake anyways but why do you think that
Think about this way:

If the creator of a game posts game information for a upcoming game that relates to any leaks, then the leaker gets some credibility to him.

It is believed that Sakurai pays attention to leakers and adds characters and other PoTDs to disapprove leakers. Sometimes Sakurai ignores leakers and does not give them another thought, but he released something that was related to a leak.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
WrappedInBlack.

The longer you wait, the less I believe you.

Are you perhaps waiting so long so you can make a fake of your own to discredit this? Because that's only reason you shouldn't already have your proof of DA.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
After looking at this for a minute, it doesn't mean anything. The locks in the leak are stylized like smash logos. The lock image in question has the line lower than in the leak. Also, many locks in the image search look similar. It's how you draw locks....

SuperSmashDrake

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSmashDrake
3DS FC
4811-7419-2384
Whoever made the big image did a terrible job, it has so many issues compared to the original pictures.

Also, my two cents of what the roster could look like with the leak:

And if you want the Gematsu leak, replace R.O.B., Lucas, and Snake (maybe Wolf) with Chorus Men, Mii, and Shulk.

And you hook the bottom one onto the right, if you couldn't figure it out.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
why is my text blue? and like how is nonsense them things from Bleach?
Your text is blue because my text is blue, so when I quoted you, your text turned blue.

I'm fairly certain you're just trying to annoy me. You need to show us evidence that you're the one behind the leak, and you need to show it now.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Whoever made the big image did a terrible job, it has so many issues compared to the original pictures.

And if you want the Gematsu leak, replace R.O.B., Lucas, and Snake (maybe Wolf) with Chorus Men, Mii, and Shulk.
Thank you for leaving the Fire Emblem spot open. I appreciate that.

NotReallySakurai

Smash Rookie
After looking at this for a minute, it doesn't mean anything. The locks in the leak are stylized like smash logos. The lock image in question has the line lower than in the leak. Also, many locks in the image search look similar. It's how you draw locks....
It's the same lock with the same rounded edges and same thickness for the line. The smash stylization is two lines that are easily editable by anyone with paint.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Your text is blue because my text is blue, so when I quoted you, your text turned blue.

I'm fairly certain you're just trying to annoy me. You need to show us evidence that you're the one behind the leak, and you need to show it now.
i would not bother with him, he seems to be known on gamefaqs for stuff like this i guess

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Wow, nice find. All you'd have to do to make it match is change the position of the white line and add a vertical one. Which isn't that hard to do.

Unless the visual department has resorted to using clipart to make their artwork. If that's the case, then I fear for the stock soundclips the sound team will use.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The guy who made said himself it is fake, he made it just to show how easy it is to make one. Here.
That wasn't the dude who made the original leak. We've noticed many inconsistencies with that picture and the leak currently in question.

WrappedInBlack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PyroJayBlack
3DS FC
1736-3220-0909
Warning Received
WrappedInBlack.

The longer you wait, the less I believe you.

Are you perhaps waiting so long so you can make a fake of your own to discredit this? Because that's only reason you shouldn't already have your proof of DA.
wat? Whole time what I was gonna do is troll for a bit then remake the "For Fun. For Glory." screen but with "For Me. For You." with "For Me" showing endless 100 dollar bills and "For You" Showing pocket change... Cause Cal is not gonna want me posting that to DA after I made him use 4chan.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
It's the same lock with the same rounded edges and same thickness for the line. The smash stylization is two lines that are easily editable by anyone with paint.
The other black locks in the image search are similar. It's what locks look like. You tell someone to draw a lock, they draw that

WrappedInBlack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PyroJayBlack
3DS FC
1736-3220-0909

I'm still wondering how Bleach fits in this... Like... did this game get renamed "Super Smash Bros. Bankai" and I didn't hear it...

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
i know you want a female rep, would it be fine if we got robin with skins like the villager? i just want a character from awakening
I guess it'd be ok. But i'd prefer Anna or Micaiah because they have distinct looks. I didn't like Awakening at all compared to the Wii/GCN games.

A Fire Emblem character probably won't even be revealed at E3 because they aren't hype generating enough.

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
Anyone trying to defend the leak after this image is delusional. lol They are identical.
Great find. I was actually looking for the symbol last night, but it only seems shows up as one of the first results on google.com.

This leak was fake for me after the Ridley tease anyway. Was still fun to watch the speculation.

SuperSmashDrake

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSmashDrake
3DS FC
4811-7419-2384
Thank you for leaving the Fire Emblem spot open. I appreciate that.
I feel as if Fire Emblem has many choices for a third. I personally don't find the Awakening characters appealing, yet they have a better chance of my dream choices, Roy and Black Knight. So I leave it open.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Well, this is interesting. Different select tokens, Mario isn't transparent like Marth, and characters, notably the Zelda and Metroid characters arranged differently.
Who would be in front of Pikachu?
Credit to @Kikwi-Kiwi for finding this:

http://unbarred-sin.deviantart.com/gallery/

Looks like we may have found our perpetrator.
Who's supposed to be in front of Pikachu? Shouldn't he be underneath Link, off-screen? Very suspicious.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
To be fair, Sakurai is ridiculously biased toward Kid Icarus. A great number of the updates thus far have been either from Mario, Zelda, or Kid Icarus, with little else to mention. It's completely feasible that this happened by coincidence.
True, but that is a very high chance of Coincidence. I am not saying that the Leaked picture is real, but that the next PoTD was related to it.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Well, I'd recommend we pay no attention to WrappedInBlack anymore. It's clear he's not the one behind the leak.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So, from what I have seen these past page(s), with those new, obvious fake images and that Lock one, my opinion is unchanged. I still Believe in the leak until actual evidence has shown.

57 characters would be Epic, though.

@ P Prototype
But it isn't identical. :/

PlasmaPuffball

Smash Apprentice

And you hook the bottom one onto the right, if you couldn't figure it out.
Not hating on this particular roster or anything, but the mere thought that Star Fox would get more representatives than Kirby, Donkey Kong, or Fire Emblem boggles my mind.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I honestly give up on arguing this. Nothing interesting has come up. I'm leaning towards legit leak 60/40. I'm gonna go now till something happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom