• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Yeah, given the RosalinaX's qualifier that the roster wasn't done yet and that there could be more added, you can technically put this CSS thing and the Gematsu leak all together and they would all check out.

Still, I thought I heard the RosalinaX thing was proven false...not that I heard the reason why.
i think people claimed it was fake due to it being to vague

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I love how someone admits to making it and only BluePikmin was like ''Let me jump on that!"

Everyone else just kept on trucking.

Very observant a bunch we are. Lol.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I love how someone admits to making it and only BluePikmin was like ''Let me jump on that!"

I noticed. But I've seen enough times where unrelated people claimed to do something, so I will simply wait and see if he does show proof he did it. ^^

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No offense but it quite stupid to consider the Ridley one fake for such a small thing. Could it be fake sure but is it? Unlikely as lots of games and demos have minor flaws like this bit are they fake? No! So don't discount this yet it could be a minor error by Nintendo.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

We're an elite team of leak finder-outers. And an nelite team of people with some free time...

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834

I admit it. I'm Sal Romano's tipster.

Also Crash Bandicoot and Heavy Weapons Guy are playable characters.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Could it being a demo version affect these things? I wouldn't know about these kinds of stuff...
Here is a video of the first demo for Brawl.

There are two important things to note here.
  1. Even though you couldn't change the rule (it was always Time - 2Min), it still said it at the very top. This has been the case with every Smash Brothers title
  2. The roster was only the characters you could select. There were no additional boxes. This was the same for the original Melee demo as well

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
In reality. I think we're not getting any Brawl cuts besides Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur. I think the space people are using for K Rool is actually for Olimar, and Mewtwo is back

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
What I find strange is that it's the only point we can use to prove it's fake. If that was not for the pixel, people would still believe it's a possible roster. But oh well that's probably because, apart from Ridley, there is not any new thing...

Tbh, the only "true" point I have against the leak is the hint of Ridley without his face shown. Seriously, it's the main thing you have to take a pic of, we don't need the rest, which is already known...

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
We're just waiting for more evidence. That doesn't mean it's time to close the thread. We're still making progress
I am just reminded of the RosalinaX thread and how it was closed. I don't think it will be long until this thread gets closed though.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
What I find strange is that it's the only point we can use to prove it's fake. If that was not for the pixel, people would still believe it's a possible roster. But oh well that's probably because, apart from Ridley, there is not any new thing...

Tbh, the only "true" point I have against the leak is the hint of Ridley without his face shown. Seriously, it's the main thing you have to take a pic of, we don't need the rest, which is already known...
if its real i was just excited to see the number of characters on the roster

D

Deleted member

Agreed, but imagine if he showed it, Nintendo would go crazy and this site would crash!

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
If the leak is real, the rest of the newcomers would be:
Gematsu leak
DK rep?(I don't know if it's just a random char or a DK rep)
Ridley(don't even bring Anthony into this)
Mewtwo(treated as newcomer)
How would you be satisfied with this Roster? Considering Snake, Ivysaur and Squirtle are cut(and maybe another Brawl vet)
I'd hate it more than I'd like it. That's for sure.

The Good:
Palutena (Top 3 Most Wanted)
Mewtwo (Top 5)
King K Rool (Top 10)

The Bad
Chrom (Top 3 most unwanted)
Mii (Top 3 most unwanted)
Pac Man (Top 3 most unwanted)

The bad outweighs the good.

I just want a female FE character any will do.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
The arrangement of the character icons is odd to me. Three rows of 17 character slots (17 + 17 + 16 + Random Space = 50 characters) is very long vertically. How well can that organization fit on a television screen?

D

Deleted member

I'd hate it more than I'd like it. That's for sure.

The Good:
Palutena (Top 3 Most Wanted)
Mewtwo (Top 5)
King K Rool (Top 10)

The Bad
Chrom (Top 3 most unwanted)
Mii (Top 3 most unwanted)
Pac Man (Top 3 most unwanted)

The bad outweighs the good.

I just want a female FE character any will do.
>Not being hyped for Ridley
:glare: What a casual

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Something interesting I just found. If you to the smashbros website the art is the same as in the leak right? Well if you compare the leaked pics to those pics, the backgrounds on the website behind the characters darken more. While in the leak, they darken, just less. If it was faked, I doubt the leaker would go through the trouble to change the background on each CSP

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
This is the general rumors/leaks thread, it won't get closed even if this is fake.
Oh, that makes sense then.

The question people will have on their minds is, what will Sakurai's PoTD will be and will he try to disprove something or just ignore it?

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
The arrangement of the character icons is odd to me. Three rows of 17 character slots (17 + 17 + 16 + Random Space = 50 characters) is very long vertically. How well can that organization fit on a television screen?
the same way it did in one of the newer tekken games. the same set up was used there

D

Deleted member

What if Sakurai is the leaker and he wants to tease us?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mabataki

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4167-4743-1372
In reality. I think we're not getting any Brawl cuts besides Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur. I think the space people are using for K Rool is actually for Olimar, and Mewtwo is back
Hope you are right about the cuts. getting tired of people cutting Lucas. hope they get BTFO very soon.

How many of you still believe the supposed "Rid-leak"

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hey, hey guys.

The Infinite Monkey Theorem dictates that, since there are millions and millions of Smash fans out there making CSS leaks, one of them will eventually make a CSS leak that looks exactly like the actual demo's CSS.

Believe it.

D

Deleted member

Really? I use to want Ridley, but at this point I don't care any more. I'm more interested if Fire Emblem gets a female or not.
I'm just joking, calm down
Hope you are right about the cuts. getting tired of people cutting Lucas. hope they get BTFO very soon.

How many of you still believe the supposed "Rid-leak"
I believe and I want to believe are two different things, right?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
The PoTD for Monday will decide if this has any cemented truths to it.

If the PoTD does not have anything related to this, then this is obviously fake, because the Palutena leak got some recognition from Sakurai, because of Viridi's picture.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If the PoTD does not have anything related to this, then this is obviously fake, because the Palutena leak got some recognition from Sakurai, because of Viridi's picture.
If we're going by that logic, the Gematsu leak is fake because Sakurai didn't recognize it

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

I really really think we overestimate that being Sakurai's response to that. It was indeed strange however that the Kid Icarus intensified randomly after that happened though.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

If Sakurai says nothing relating to this monday that monday. That most definetly does NOT disconfirm the leak. How would you make that conclusion. Sure he posted something referencing Palutena, but that was only a couple days after the leak was big. And we don't even know if he meant to reference the leak

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

The pic with Viridi could have been a coincidence.

So you're suggesting that Sakurai will post a pic of the starting roster on the website then?

Staarih

Smash Master

Maybe we'll get a peek of the _actual_ CSS by Sakurai. Now that would spice things up one way or another.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I don't think the slot next to Pit is Ridley. Looks like Ice Climbers to me considering some characters are in the same spot they were in Brawl in terms of the line-up.

The pic with Viridi could have been a coincidence.

So you're suggesting that Sakurai will post a pic of the starting roster on the website then?
That whole week after the Palutena leak had POTD for Kid Icarus related content. Definitely not a coincidence.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't think the slot next to Pit is Ridley. Looks like Ice Climbers to me considering some characters are in the same spot they were in Brawl in terms of the line-up.
The question remains then, if the rest of the roster seems to be organized by Franchise with major mascots starting the order from left to right (with this trend being very present on the left side of the character selection boxes), why would they random insert Ice Climbers after what is likely ZSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom