• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I think a "scrolling" character select screen is more than likely on the 3DS since probably only one person will be selecting characters on the screen since each player will have their own 3DS system.
That's actually a very good Point, I totally forgot About that. :3

@ Gameboi834 Gameboi834
I also forgot about that. Even more hints. I wonder if it was Nintendo doing that.

WrappedInBlack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PyroJayBlack
3DS FC
1736-3220-0909
OK, I'm bored so I'm telling the truth now. I made the "CSS" and got a friend to post stuff about it on 4chan which I myself normally don't use. Why? to see what would happen. Especially on Gamefaqs. However right b4 news of the pic hit Gamefaqs I was suspended so my plan failed.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I just think the fact that we've dug this deep into a leak of a CSS gives the leak a lot of credit. Any other CSS leak in history has been debunked in 10 minutes. This one has not only stumped us, nut given us reasons to believe it. That's impressive for a CSS. For an in game pic we'd have to analyze every detail. For a CSS we usually can tell it's photoshop, but this one is different.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
OK, I'm bored so I'm telling the truth now. I made the "CSS" and got a friend to post stuff about it on 4chan which I myself normally don't use. Why? to see what would happen. Especially on Gamefaqs. However right b4 news of the pic hit Gamefaqs I was suspended so my plan failed.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
For now, the only thing that bugs me is how the CSS is arranged, but I believe it could be one of Sakurai's ideas to prevent fake leaks
The whole roster design and many of the new additions, like the locks, the colors tab, and the franchise icons having much more emphasis, really feels like they were made by someone who thinks outside the box, and as we all know that's what Sakurai is doing. Those are partly the reason I still don't feel like it's out of the running at all, it's most certainly not just another fake roster image, it's very unconventional.

Thank you once more, WarioFan (your avatar does not fit your name).
I hate my name honestly. I'm not even a very big fan of Wario at all, I used to be so that's where it comes from though. I don't hate it enough to pay for a name change though, so it's rather awkward for me.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
The whole roster design and many of the new additions, like the locks, the colors tab, and the franchise icons having much more emphasis, really feels like they were made by someone who thinks outside the box, and as we all know that's what Sakurai is doing. Those are partly the reason I still don't feel like it's out of the running at all, it's most certainly not just another fake roster image, it's very unconventional.
Most leakers play it safe. ESPECIALLY CSS leaks. This one doesn't and has very little signs of photoshop. Which makes me turn toward real again. I'm 60/40 now

D

Deleted member

If the leak is real, the rest of the newcomers would be:
Gematsu leak
DK rep?(I don't know if it's just a random char or a DK rep)
Ridley(don't even bring Anthony into this)
Mewtwo(treated as newcomer)
How would you be satisfied with this Roster? Considering Snake, Ivysaur and Squirtle are cut(and maybe another Brawl vet)

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper

I hate my name honestly. I'm not even a very big fan of Wario at all, I used to be so that's where it comes from though. I don't hate it enough to pay for a name change though, so it's rather awkward for me.
i still think if this is real the locks are namco's doing as thats what they do for locked characters in there other fighters

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Most leakers play it safe. ESPECIALLY CSS leaks. This one doesn't and has very little signs of photoshop. Which makes me turn toward real again. I'm 60/40 now
Yeah. Having participated in both this game's and the pre-Brawl's speculation era I can easily say that this is by far and wide the most convincing CSS leak that has ever circulated Smash speculation.

Gematsu leak
How would you be satisfied with this Roster? Considering Snake, Ivysaur and Squirtle are cut(and maybe another Brawl vet)
With Ridley and possibly K. Rool I'd consider the roster fantastic. Sure I'd love for Snake and Ivysaur to be there, but I'm also willing to sacrifice them for our great space dragon overlord.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gematsu leak
I would be VERY satisfied, Mewtwo and Ridley are hands down my most wanted characters to appear/reappear (in the case of Mewtwo). Also, the 3rd DK rep has been hypothesized to be K. Rool as no other DK reps would really make sense too well and K. Rool has the largest following of the possible 3rd DK reps.

Inb4 the 3rd DK rep is actually Cranky Kong and Sakurai has trolled all of us once again (the same was done with DKC: TF, maybe Sakurai decided Cranky Kong would make a good Smash playable character as well :troll:)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Obviously this game is not being 100% consistent with past games. Not having a subtitle, etc. All these menu changes give it more merit. Because it's not playing it safe. Which is what leaks usually do
The reason for the hands is because you have other things to select. The pictures also have options in the top right corner which suggest you can select them. You'd need a hand to go over there.

Also, there is also the fact there is no rule (stock, time). It just says free-for-all.

D

Deleted member

I believe that even though this leak is fake, it's probably what we are going to get, I just can't decide if the roster has 50 chars, who would be better: Mewtwo or K. Rool? Better just cut Wolf :troll:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Inb4 the 3rd DK rep is actually Cranky Kong and Sakurai has trolled all of us once again (the same was done with DKC: TF, maybe Sakurai decided Cranky Kong would make a good Smash playable character as well :troll:)
I...would actually be okay with that. I mean people would be pissed, sure, but imagine how hilarious and fun playing as him would be.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Gematsu leak
I wouldn't mind at all. In fact, it would more than make up for the list of lackluster newcomers we've mostly gotten. They're the characters that I actually want in this game.

Staarih

Smash Master
The reason for the hands is because you have other things to select. The pictures also have options in the top right corner which suggest you can select them. You'd need a hand to go over there.

Also, there is also the fact there is no rule (stock, time). It just says free-for-all.
Could it being a demo version affect these things? I wouldn't know about these kinds of stuff...

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Let's assume it's real ; it means that at least four veterans are done for. Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake... And ? Would they throw Lucas or Wolf away ? Maybe there are three panels who don't appear yet, making it 53 characters. Would mean thzt we only lose Ivy and Squi plus one more newcomer, the one from onefinalsmash website. Even if it was proven fake, the countdown still makes me think... (Now thats just a dream)

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
The Cycle of this thread

1. Someone finds some vague evidence that leak is fake

2. We being hating on the leak flaming those who thought it was real

3. Someone brings up the old evidence that reconvinces everyone that the leak is legit

4. Everyone flames the naysayers of the leak

5. Everyone begins discussing the roster (we are here now)

6. Repeat

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
The Cycle of this thread

3. Someone brings up the old evidence that reconvinces everyone that the leak is legit

6. Repeat
The only things missing in those points are all instances of evidence in quotes.

D

Deleted member

Let's assume it's real ; it means that at least four veterans are done for. Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake... And ? Would they throw Lucas or Wolf away ? Maybe there are three panels who don't appear yet, making it 53 characters. Would mean thzt we only lose Ivy and Squi plus one more newcomer, the one from onefinalsmash website. Even if it was proven fake, the countdown still makes me think... (Now thats just a dream)
Are we sure that Squirtle and Ivysaur would be considered individual slots? I would feel it more likely that they would both be included under the Pokemon Trainer making the exclusion of them just one cut.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
The Cycle of this thread

6. Repeat
BUT GUUUYS, THERE ARE 2 THREEEEES!!

D

Deleted member

I still find it more than coincidental that these pictures seem to fall in line with the roster prediction made by the RosalinaX leak (48 characters with 4 cuts), I would be quite amused if this leak released a while ago turned out to be true.

EDIT: I suppose I should say moreso that these screenshots are very close to the predictions made by the RosalinaX leak, which I still find impressive to a degree.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I still find it more than coincidental that these pictures seem to fall in line with the roster prediction made by the RosalinaX leak (48 characters with 4 cuts), I would be quite amused if this leak released a while ago turned out to be true.
This roster has 17 x 3 - 1. That's 50, not 48.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I would say the Sal/Gematsu leak and the Rosalina leak are true if this CSS turns out to be real. But change rosalina's prediction to 50

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
but doesn't the pictures show 51 slots with a probability that one slot is a random pick option

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Y'know, I just realized something in all my excitement. The leak is fake for one reason only:

It's not disappointing.

Man, and I was so sure this might've been the one.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So let me get this straight, the first two pictures are considered to be real, but the one that's hiding Ridley's icon was faked?

That's awfully typical.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Yeah, given the RosalinaX's qualifier that the roster wasn't done yet and that there could be more added, you can technically put this CSS thing and the Gematsu leak all together and they would all check out.

Still, I thought I heard the RosalinaX thing was proven false...not that I heard the reason why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom