• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It is rather easy to take that lock, color in the original line, move it up a bit then make it look like the Smash logo inside the lock.

Rather convenient that something like that is out there.

SuperSmashDrake

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSmashDrake
3DS FC
4811-7419-2384
Not hating on this particular roster or anything, but the mere thought that Star Fox would get more representatives than Kirby or Donkey Kong boggles my mind.
I find it just as crazy as you do, however, it appears to be possible. Star Fox has gotten a newcomer every game so far, while DKC and Kirby have only gotten newcomers in Brawl.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I do not believe these pictures and I do think that the roster has the ability to exceed 50.

DK without a third rep is a little crazy.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So what's the explanation behind some of the pics that were taken off the web?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I find it just as crazy as you do, however, it appears to be possible. Star Fox has gotten a newcomer every game so far, while DKC and Kirby have only gotten newcomers in Brawl.
Sakurai has a favoritism for Star Fox, we must not forget that Uprising started it's life as a Star Fox game. Technically Star Fox should have one rep and that's Fox. Anyone else even Wolf (who should be the only other logical rep IMO) seems unnecessary IMO.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It did actually. Not saying it didn't. I just don't think that Star Fox is deserving of more reps than Kirby, DK, or Fire Emblem for obvious reasons. And that Pokemon shouldn't have more reps than Mario too, but that's a different story.
Pokemon and Mario should be even in my eyes and they kind of are when you consider Mario has his friends who have spin-offs in the roster as playable as well.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
After looking at this for a minute, it doesn't mean anything. The locks in the leak are stylized like smash logos. The lock image in question has the line lower than in the leak. Also, many locks in the image search look similar. It's how you draw locks....
Notice the bottom two locks. The lock is ripped from Google and edited (first line moved up, second line added to make it look like the Smash logo).

So what's the explanation behind some of the pics that were taken off the web?
They were hosted on 4Chan. 4Chan deletes things when they go stale.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think Pokemon can have more reps than Core Mario characters. Brawl did so it's not that surprising if SM4SH does too.

Staarih

Smash Master
I hate leaks haha. Even if I wish to ignore them I can't. Luckily it'll only take us a few weeks to know if there's truth to any of them.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I know this has been discussed but I would like to bring it up again, why is Mega Man not playable in the public version when Sakurai played with him at E3 like an entire year ago?

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I know this has been discussed but I would like to bring it up again, why is Mega Man not playable in the public version when Sakurai played with him at E3 like an entire year ago?
Maybe to make more and more super excited to get to try him out. Just like he gets people more and more excited/pissed about teasing Ridley in some form. :p

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
That's obviously a different build. You really think that it would be the same build after over a year of development?

Also, can someone teach me how to make one of those character rosters you guys have been making?

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
What is going on 10 pages after I got away and pretty much debunked the leak?

What is going on? for the pictures taken down I uploaded 3 pictures on imgur to test that but they are still working hours after. Also, who told you that it was nintendo and not imgur?

At least, it's mostly fake so why not considering it as fake?

225 viewers ????????

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

What is going on? for the pictures taken down I uploaded 3 pictures on imgur to test that but they are still working hours after. Also, who told you that it was nintendo and not imgur?

225 viewers ????????
Read the past pages. You didn't debunk the leak, you were really overhyping that. Yes it was good evidence against the leak, but it isn't enough. There are many ways to justify it as we've established in the past 10 pages.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Something just feels off about the leak. Why would the guy take a bunch of zoomed-in, awkwardly angled shots instead of a clear one showing it all? Wouldn't it take less time, and lower his chance of getting caught taking pictures?

GhettoPlab

Smash Rookie

225 viewers ????????
Key words, "pretty much".

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Something just feels off about the leak. Why would the guy take a bunch of zoomed-in, awkwardly angled shots instead of a clear one showing it all? Wouldn't it take less time, and lower his chance of getting caught taking pictures?
I assume, depending on if there were people right next to him or so, and such, that he simply lifted his phone/camera super Quick and just took a pic of what he could, a few times. Or so. I don't remember what exactly he said about that himself.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
care to summurize? there's too much.
It was some posts relatively close to where you left. Read like the 3 pages after you left and you should have your answer. I would reccomend reading all 10 if I'm honest. We went over the leak as a whole

Dairz

Smash Ace
I assume, depending on if there were people right next to him or so, and such, that he simply lifted his phone/camera super Quick and just took a pic of what he could, a few times. Or so. I don't remember what exactly he said about that himself.
I don't think so. All the pictures are at different angles, and some are zoomed in at different rates, too. How the hell would he pull that off with people watching?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I don't think so. All the pictures are at different angles, and some are zoomed in at different rates, too. How the hell would he pull that off with people watching?
Simple. ^^ He scrambled when they wearen't looking, and just snapped pics without actually aiming much cuz' of the Little time he had, thus the randomness of the pics. And such.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Simple. ^^ He scrambled when they wearen't looking, and just snapped pics without actually aiming much cuz' of the Little time he had, thus the randomness of the pics. And such.
I don't know why people can't come to this conclusion. They claim it's fake without thinking the situation through

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Or he/she just took the picture of his/her at an angle from the Computer screen.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'll give it 60/40.

It's the most realistic-looking character selection screen so far.

Dairz

Smash Ace
No way. Look at how drastically different these pictures are.

How do you even GET a shot like the 3rd one? You seriously think, that in his panic, he ran up to the screen and took a picture from the corner of the tv?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
So who all believes this leak? I'll admit I believe it 80%.
I'm 60/40. On one end it lines up. The evidence is there. It's a CSS leak not playing it safe. It lines up with other leaks. The story is believeable.

The only thing against it is Ridley

plrichard

Smash Cadet
So who all believes this leak? I'll admit I believe it 80%.
I want it to be true. And I can't find much wrong with it except the pixel which could've happened for a bunch of reasons. I'll say my heart says 80% real but my brain still says 50/50.

Staarih

Smash Master
Earlier today I was confident it was real, then I wasn't, and now I just really don't know and think I'll just try and remain neutral towards it. It has its pro's and con's so I don't really know. It IS rather convenient to miss out on Ridley like that, be it a random, quick snapshot or not...

Artiferox

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aethelberto
3DS FC
2234-7547-5200
Can someone explain to me why this picture looks pixelated? And I'm not talking about the picture itself, but the image on the screen. The only way you can get a picture like this would be to zoom in in an image editing program. If this were taken from a TV you wouldn't be able to see the pixels so clearly.
Just check Pit's portrait, that's like a 150% zoom there.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I'll give it a nothing because I don't see anything that cannot be explained by simple and demonstrably possible forgery, and given that the vast vast majority of these kinds of things are fake that is the safest bet.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
No way. Look at how drastically different these pictures are.

How do you even GET a shot like the 3rd one? You seriously think, that in his panic, he ran up to the screen and took a picture from the corner of the tv?
Yes, kind of. No one was looking, he got up close to the screen with his camera phone ( as he said he had, also the image quality lines up with an iphone). They wouldn't be able to see the phone when he's up close

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom