• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E2C, Hypest, & RTGN.TV Present Smash 4 Worldwide With $1000 In Prizes on Jan. 18th

Are you participating?

• Total voters

tournament ready

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, E2C, Hypest, & RTGN are holding a massive online Smash 4 tournament with $1000 in prizes. This may possibly be the biggest online Smash 4 tournament ever. You can check out the event page here https://www.facebook.com/events/321152068082677/ and register here www.events2compete.com. It's completely free so this is a good chance for you to see how you compare with players worldwide. Also please subscribe to our twitch channel at www.twitch.tv/events2compete.
can you please help me double check that ive completely registered for this tournament... thank you!!

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Hey everyone, E2C, Hypest, & RTGN are holding a massive online Smash 4 tournament with $1000 in prizes. This may possibly be the biggest online Smash 4 tournament ever. You can check out the event page here https://www.facebook.com/events/321152068082677/ and register here www.events2compete.com. It's completely free so this is a good chance for you to see how you compare with players worldwide. Also please subscribe to our twitch channel at www.twitch.tv/events2compete.
"please give us your name, country, state, city, email, and challonge account"
HOW BOUT NO?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Are brackets currently being made or where can I find them? I would like to know if my sign-up went through or not.
You can find them here http://worldwide.challonge.com/

I host online tournaments and we always use an irc channel, so I could help moderate if you guys need it.
Thanks if you could, message Hypest on Facebook or Smashboards and they'll let you know.

Also, on the confirmation email, are we supposed to do anything? I don't see a link, though maybe I'm wrong
No you don't need to do anything once you've filled it out.

Hey Tourney Hosts, is there any chance we can set up a personalized first round match? My little brother and I have one Wii U to share, and can't play the same time, so can we face each other (once he signs up) for round one?
We can't do that because that would hold up the tournament for everyone. Every player needs their own Wii U setup. Our suggestion is to share and play together in the tournament.

Signed up. I have to message my T.O.? What is T.O.? Also, what is IRC? I'm sorry, first tournament, brand new.

And I do not understand these rules:
  • Strikes will be in 1-2-1 order. The player with the lower seed will strike first (Example: 28th seed vs 2nd seed. 28th seed strikes first)
  • Winner strikes two stages, loser chooses stage, winner chooses character, and loser chooses character in that order
T.O. is the person in charge of each bracket that you message if you have any questions. Striking is banning stages from the starter list until there is 1 stage left that you play on. The second rule is the order you decide everything after the first match is done.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
How many participants are in the tour?
And about how long do you think the tournament will take?
1100+ now and probably 6-7 hours for first round and 5 hours for second round.

can you please help me double check that ive completely registered for this tournament... thank you!!
What's your gamertag? Check the brackets here http://worldwide.challonge.com/ if you're in.

"please give us your name, country, state, city, email, and challonge account"
HOW BOUT NO?
We need that info to email you and figure out what region to put you in for brackets.

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
I signed up on Challonge, I got an email from Events2Compete with the correct information that I provided. I cannot find my name (SilverWolf7) on the brackets.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Hey, is there any chance that you can change my gamer tag in the bracket to GCH_TonicTheSqurriel?

Currently, it's TonicTheSqurriel.

Last edited:

Alphamew17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alphamew17
3DS FC
4296-3486-7805
I never recieved an email, but I found myself in the brackets. Do you need to re-send the email to confirm that you have the right one?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
I signed up on Challonge, I got an email from Events2Compete with the correct information that I provided. I cannot find my name (SilverWolf7) on the brackets.
It's possible that we haven't gotten to yours yet because that was one of the first brackets we made a day or two ago. I'll make sure you get added to it.

Hey, is there any chance that you can change my gamer tag in the bracket to GCH_TonicTheSqurriel?

Currently, it's TonicTheSqurriel.
We won't be able to change gamertags for players because then it won't be linked to your account anymore, but you have the power to change it anytime through Challonge once you've been officially added. I'd wait until the brackets are final to change it so there's no confusion and you aren't left out of the bracket.

I never recieved an email, but I found myself in the brackets. Do you need to re-send the email to confirm that you have the right one?
It seems that when Hypest entered in players for the bracket, they only officially submitted players that provided their emails and not gamertags to figure out the gamertags for those players for seeding purposes. If you provided your gamertag, they manually entered in your name without linking it to your Challonge tag. It will be done officially for everyone soon and you will receive an email when that is done.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Oh wow, kinda exciting seeing my name in the brackets (first tournament) I was kinda worried I registered wrong. So...will tournament mode be out in the next 10 days or should we share our NNIDs with people we're ganna fight and go from there?

notZ

Smash Rookie
I cannot see my name into the brakets ;;

Last edited:

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
I cannot see my name into the brakets ;;
As stated by one of the members of E2C, since the bracket was made just a couple of days ago your name might not be on there. They will be updating the bracket every day or so, please be patient. Thank you~<3

Last edited:

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow, kinda exciting seeing my name in the brackets (first tournament) I was kinda worried I registered wrong. So...will tournament mode be out in the next 10 days or should we share our NNIDs with people we're ganna fight and go from there?
Brackets will keep changing until exactly 1 pm cst when the tournament begins. Anyone that doesn't "Check In" on Challonge will be removed from the bracket and that will move everything around. You can find everyone in your bracket on the chatroom link we'll post on the bracket page. That's where you can message your opponent.

Alphamew17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alphamew17
3DS FC
4296-3486-7805
It seems that when Hypest entered in players for the bracket, they only officially submitted players that provided their emails and not gamertags to figure out the gamertags for those players for seeding purposes. If you provided your gamertag, they manually entered in your name without linking it to your Challonge tag. It will be done officially for everyone soon and you will receive an email when that is done.
Was the email necessary when entering into the tournament? I just need to make sure I had provided my email at some point, just in case. I have no idea when they'll actually send me an email, since I'm sure they're busy with the 800+ participants, so I just want to ensure that they have my email.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Was the email necessary when entering into the tournament? I just need to make sure I had provided my email at some point, just in case. I have no idea when they'll actually send me an email, since I'm sure they're busy with the 800+ participants, so I just want to ensure that they have my email.
No it wasn't necessary. Your Challonge gamertag or email both work.

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
So the tournament is soon! I was thinking, the stages like Kongo Jungle 64 and even Smashvile...can they really be legal for an online tournament? What if not everyone has the stage? Also, I'm in the brackets now, will I be emailed a link to the IRC chat or whatever? I mean will I be sent everything I need? I don't really know how to contact or how o go about this for sure.

cFive

Smash Apprentice
i can't find myself in the brackets, its been several days since i registered :(
name: cFive

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
KJ and SV should be legal. If someone doesn't have them, then the person who does should pick it and they should just quit and restart until they get it. If neither of them have it, it obviously can't be used, but that's a small price to pay for it being available for the rest of the tournament.

cFive

Smash Apprentice
if someone doesnt have all stages he should just google it and unlock them before the tournament... still a week time.. its so easy to get all stages!
-> google it!

e: u know what, here: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Unlockable_stage (scroll down to "Smash for Wii U")

Last edited:

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
So the tournament is soon! I was thinking, the stages like Kongo Jungle 64 and even Smashvile...can they really be legal for an online tournament? What if not everyone has the stage? Also, I'm in the brackets now, will I be emailed a link to the IRC chat or whatever? I mean will I be sent everything I need? I don't really know how to contact or how o go about this for sure.
As long as you or your opponent has that stage you can play on it as everyone else stated above. Otherwise if both don't, then don't pick one of those stages.

i can't find myself in the brackets, its been several days since i registered :(
name: cFive
Check now and see.

wasn't there supposed to be a tournament today?
No there wasn't. It's the 18th.

cFive

Smash Apprentice
:( sry, still cant find myself..
i checked both visually and using "Ctrl + f"!
I only checked Europe Bracket 1 & 2.. any chance i ended up in a different bracket? :o
nope i also checked all the other brackets..

e: sry for doublepost, i meant to edit, not reply >.<

Last edited:

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
nope i also checked all the other brackets..

e: sry for doublepost, i meant to edit, not reply >.<
Ok send an email to erikcapps@gmail.com. Anyone with issues should contact him because he is taking care of brackets for now. These brackets are just temporary and for seeding purposes so don't worry too much about them for now. It's just to give us an idea of how many we'll need and for players to see who is signed up and in their brackets.

TheMikinator3000

Smash Cadet
NNID
Michael312243
To anyone helping in this tournament, unfortunately do to some last minute scheduling at work, I am unable to participate in the tournament. I thought I should say something now so I don't get add to the bracket. My name is Mikinator3000 or Michael Mackey.

CookKirby

Smash Rookie
NNID
LOLZRGUD2
Hey everyone, E2C, Hypest, & RTGN are holding a massive online Smash 4 tournament with $1000 in prizes. This may possibly be the biggest online Smash 4 tournament ever. You can check out the event page here It's completely free so this is a good chance for you to see how you compare with players worldwide. Also please subscribe
Will there be complications for people who are competing from the same console

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
To anyone helping in this tournament, unfortunately do to some last minute scheduling at work, I am unable to participate in the tournament. I thought I should say something now so I don't get add to the bracket. My name is Mikinator3000 or Michael Mackey.
Thanks for letting us know but once you don't check in, you will automatically be removed so no worries. Hope to see you at the next one.

Will there be complications for people who are competing from the same console
Yes that's not possible to do. Only 1 player can play on each setup or else the others will be disqualified for not playing matches on time. You have 10 minutes from the start of each round to find your opponent and play your match.

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
Im going.

Top Bottom