• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E2C, Hypest, & RTGN.TV Present Smash 4 Worldwide With $1000 In Prizes on Jan. 18th

Are you participating?

• Total voters

Saphir

Smash Rookie
Hello I'm in the bracket 1 europe! name : Saphir and my account challonge it's ARSaphir ^^

V_x_I_D

Smash Apprentice
NNID
V_x_I_D
I signed up in December and I never got a confirmation email, should I sign up again???

Devilrare

Smash Rookie
First timer here and I'm wondering does the sign up name need to be the same as your Nintendo network ID? I'm aware that competitors will be able to communicate prior and during is that how they will exchange friend requests?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
I signed up in December and I never got a confirmation email, should I sign up again???
We don't have a form for an Eavorclear. Did you use _VOID_ as your name? If so, you should be added to the brackets in the next day or two. We are working on the North American brackets now. Please don't sign up again.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
First timer here and I'm wondering does the sign up name need to be the same as your Nintendo network ID? I'm aware that competitors will be able to communicate prior and during is that how they will exchange friend requests?
No it has to be the same as your Challonge account name.

V_x_I_D

Smash Apprentice
NNID
V_x_I_D
We don't have a form for an Eavorclear. Did you use _VOID_ as your name? If so, you should be added to the brackets in the next day or two. We are working on the North American brackets now. Please don't sign up again.
Yep!
Thank you!

Scr7

Smash Cadet
NNID
Scr7ven
I signed up and got the confirmation email, anything I should do with it before deleting it?

Scr7

Smash Cadet
NNID
Scr7ven
I only see a form showing the answers I entered, am i missing something or doing something wrong?

Nimyu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-6319-0143
Questons, the tournament starts on the 18th for people with cst at 1pm?

Next is, who advances from pools? Grand Finals winner, or grand finals winner and loser?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Is it being streamed in any form? Like the brackets and anything else after?
Yes on twitch.tv/events2compete and dozens of other players will be streaming themselves as well.

Questons, the tournament starts on the 18th for people with cst at 1pm?

Next is, who advances from pools? Grand Finals winner, or grand finals winner and loser?
Both winner and loser do.

Nimyu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-6319-0143
Yes on twitch.tv/events2compete and dozens of other players will be streaming themselves as well.

Both winner and loser do.
Thank you for the clarification, other the time which just confused me on the page, the rules or information never specified who advances to my knowledge. :p

cFive

Smash Apprentice
Since Miis will be allowed now (under certain restrictions) I have a question: How can I check if my opponent uses default weight and height? I guess, if there are only really small changes I wouldnt see it only by looking.. but competitively it could make a difference (even if only really small)!

e: it usually wouldnt concern me too much.. but mii fighter was recently discovered to be so strong.. so i expect some good players picking him up :/ (and i dont want any cheaters [-> weight/height]))

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Since Miis will be allowed now (under certain restrictions) I have a question: How can I check if my opponent uses default weight and height? I guess, if there are only really small changes I wouldnt see it only by looking.. but competitively it could make a difference (even if only really small)!

e: it usually wouldnt concern me too much.. but mii fighter was recently discovered to be so strong.. so i expect some good players picking him up :/ (and i dont want any cheaters [-> weight/height]))
They're forced to use certain Guest Miis. Swordfighter has to use Guest B, Brawler has to use guest C, and Gunner has to use Guest F. So if you see them using anything other than that, you're free to stop the match (at the very beginning of course) and ask them to fix that immediately. Of course, I suppose somebody could take the time to make a small mii that looks exactly like the guest mii, but seriously, that would be a **** move and I feel like there should be enough of a trust factor here that nobody would actually do that.

cFive

Smash Apprentice
They're forced to use certain Guest Miis. Swordfighter has to use Guest B, Brawler has to use guest C, and Gunner has to use Guest F.
ye i know that but..
Of course, I suppose somebody could take the time to make a small mii that looks exactly like the guest mii, but seriously, that would be a **** move and I feel like there should be enough of a trust factor here that nobody would actually do that.
..that is/was kinda my concern...
i guess you are right about the trust thing n stuff.. but still imo this represents an issue concerning future tournaments with legal miis (if the default weight/height rule is active)

e: it was also the only reason why i voted against miis

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
ye i know that but..

..that is/was kinda my concern...
i guess you are right about the trust thing n stuff.. but still imo this represents an issue concerning future tournaments with legal miis (if the default weight/height rule is active)

e: it was also the only reason why i voted against miis
Well at the very least for streamed matches when a 3rd person is involved, they could always go a default mii themselves to compare heights, and if they're not the same then well... yeah.

alternatively, you could always include a 3rd player yourself (since you can have up to 2 players per console), have them be a Mii Fighter, check heights, then SD after and start the match.

Last edited:

DataNin

Smash Rookie
NNID
DataNinten
Well at the very least for streamed matches when a 3rd person is involved, they could always go a default mii themselves to compare heights, and if they're not the same then well... yeah.

alternatively, you could always include a 3rd player yourself (since you can have up to 2 players per console), have them be a Mii Fighter, check heights, then SD after and start the match.
Won't that kind of interfere with the Jigglypuff Timer they plan to use?

Even if it didn't, I feel like it would be kind of interfering to have a "control" mii anyway. It takes them a bit longer to self destruct, unlike Jigglypuff, and I assume they always have to self desctrut after the Jigglypuff timer (since the last place player always has the change to change the rules, so whoever the TO is for that round could act as a more neutral ground and that the losing player of that match doesn't have a chance to change something.)

Of course, i could be wrong, but that's just my two cents :p

cFive

Smash Apprentice
Won't that kind of interfere with the Jigglypuff Timer they plan to use?

Even if it didn't, I feel like it would be kind of interfering to have a "control" mii anyway. It takes them a bit longer to self destruct, unlike Jigglypuff, and I assume they always have to self desctrut after the Jigglypuff timer (since the last place player always has the change to change the rules, so whoever the TO is for that round could act as a more neutral ground and that the losing player of that match doesn't have a chance to change something.)

Of course, i could be wrong, but that's just my two cents :p
i guess you would make that check BEFORE the actuall match starts... u see if he changes character in the character select...
you could also just use a mii on your own (before the match) and compare them... after that, like i said, the mii player wouldnt be allowed to switch character and go straight to stage select!

but still im not very impressed by that solution :/
so much effort... and how about the weight? is that comparable from mii to mii?

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
I asked this before for the Hypest Swiss tournaments but I wanna ask again because this is double elimination. Can I have more than one person participate on my Wii U?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
i guess you would make that check BEFORE the actuall match starts... u see if he changes character in the character select...
you could also just use a mii on your own (before the match) and compare them... after that, like i said, the mii player wouldnt be allowed to switch character and go straight to stage select!

but still im not very impressed by that solution :/
so much effort... and how about the weight? is that comparable from mii to mii?
Yes, heavier ones will appear to look bulkier than the others, lighter ones will look thinner. Honestly, with the very few amount of actual Mii mains and the fact somebody would actually have to stoop down low enough to actually fake a default mii fighter just to have a different height/weight which doesn't even nessisarliy make the character any better (both pros and cons are added by changing height/width), I think we can work with a trust system here, again, if somebody felt very paranoid about it they could take the time to compare themselves. It's hard enough to find tournaments where they're legal.

Last edited:

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
I asked this before for the Hypest Swiss tournaments but I wanna ask again because this is double elimination. Can I have more than one person participate on my Wii U?
No because that would hold up the tourney. You should probably choose between you guys or however many will be participating.

Last edited:

Super8429

Smash Rookie
I receivedan email sayine to click on it to sign up on challonge but when i click it, it says page removed. what's going on

Tsteve1998

Smash Rookie
I've had the same issue here. I got a confirmation email, but no information about where I am in the bracket. I'm guessing we'll find out before the tourney.

Top Bottom