• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DVCrecROOM Sessions (Next Session 4/22/09, yes it is a wednesday)

Warp $tar Warrior

Smash Rookie
i didnt come to this one and i'm pretty mad that this many people came and i wasnt there. but ill **** sure be at the next one.

Smot

Smash Apprentice
Hey any time this week you guys know you will be there smashing?
I got another week before I need to go back to school and I aint got **** to do.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
we're actually in there all week long, from around 11am-5pm. but, again, the best turn outs are on recording days.

Zoap

Smash Master
I get to get up in 4 hours and 45 mins to go to LMC! God Zoap is so good at scheduling LOLOLOL

seigehyland

Smash Ace
are any of you guys going to UCLA 4 on March 1st? more of norcal has to show up. Kens coming out of retirement to be there too..M2K and PC chris might show...same with silent wolf and eggz...point is...bring yourselves norcal

X-Counter

Smash Apprentice
I got a new TV for the Rec room.

They don't take donations, but if no one says anything, no one will care.

I'm going to ask around for the next few week to try Brawl, since people won't bring it. I can't blame them.

odintu

Smash Cadet
It's more of a weekday thing, a place where people go to smash during downtime between classes. Every other wednesday though we get a bunch of people.

seigehyland

Smash Ace
Because it happens every two weeks.
uhm...mr cheese...

every 2 weeks would be bi-monthly. BI = 2. bi weekly = 2 times a week. bi monthly = 2 times a month. does anyone else see what im saying?

why do they call them BI-weeklies? wouldnt that mean that you play twice a week? even tho the meaning is twice a month? so technically its a bimonthly ..right?

but then i look up the word " biweekly" in dictionary .com and it gives BOTH as a definition. WTF>!!!!

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/biweekly

The___cheese

Smash Lord
Bi is not the thing people are using different in that case, it is the weekly.

Some people use it to mean it is twice a week, and others use it to mean that it happens every two weeks.

pockyD

Smash Legend
no, bi-weekly MEANS every two weeks

anyone who doesn't agree doesn't have a "different interpretation", they have a wrong one

same with bi-monthly (bi-monthly = every two months)

twice a week = semi-weekly

WassupJB

Smash Lord
but then i look up the word " biweekly" in dictionary .com and it gives BOTH as a definition. WTF>!!!!

yeah lol

so you guys play twice a week including wednesdays or twice a week not including wendesdays
word to odintu. we play every weekday, but every other wednesday we get more heads.

no, bi-weekly MEANS every two weeks

anyone who doesn't agree doesn't have a "different interpretation", they have a wrong one
maybe if your so strong in the smash community your accustomed to biweekly meaning every two weeks, but that doesn't make it universal fact. i'll admit when my manager said i'll be paid biweekly i knew it wasn't 2 times a week, lol, it was every 2 weeks.

ooh and it's not even a different interpretations, there are TWO DEFINITIONS. twice a week or every two weeks. regardless of what's more popular or more commonly used, doesn't take away the fact that both are true bro. of course you can use logic to figure out which one applies.

cj is being an a.shole, LOL. he knows exactly what it means, but wants to challenge it for some unknown a.shole-ish reason. lol

(no hostility bro)

edit: taking out asterisks (cusssing!!!! yayyyyyyy lol)

seigehyland

Smash Ace
yeah lol

word to odintu. we play every weekday, but every other wednesday we get more heads.

maybe if your so strong in the smash community your accustomed to biweekly meaning every two weeks, but that doesn't make it universal fact. i'll admit when my manager said i'll be paid biweekly i knew it wasn't 2 times a week, lol, it was every 2 weeks.

ooh and it's not even a different interpretations, there are TWO DEFINITIONS. twice a week or every two weeks. regardless of what's more popular or more commonly used, doesn't take away the fact that both are true bro. of course you can use logic to figure out which one applies.

cj is being an a.shole, LOL. he knows exactly what it means, but wants to challenge it for some unknown a.shole-ish reason. lol

(no hostility bro)

edit: taking out asterisks (cusssing!!!! yayyyyyyy lol)

hahaha...i love you.....lets team...

our team name can be the "twice-a-weeklies"

Zoap

Smash Master
you know whats the funniest part of this whole disscussion, the original quote was from Snap regarding the SJSU biweeklys. Now I'm pretty sure Snap goes to Berkeley and is pretty ****ing smart when it comes to interpreting the English Language, so don't **** with him. Also kids, remember Don't Drop the Zoap :)

seigehyland

Smash Ace
when does it EVER mean twice a week?

i get paid biweekly = every 2 weeks

i receive magazines biweekly = every 2 weeks
hahahaha. did anyone actually click on the link i posted for DICTIONARY.com? where it CLEARLY has both of them as definitions for the word BI-Weekly.

i get paid biweekly too.

to BIsect something is to split something in 2. split a month in 2 and u get biMONTHLY...
split a week in 2 and u get a BIweekly.

ZOAP: Snap may go to berkely...but i go to City College. ;)

pockyD

Smash Legend
fine - i'll believe that " 'bisected week'-lies" means twice a week

i'm aware of the 'official' definition, but i doubt people run to consult their dictionaries when hearing terms in conversation - they refer to their experiences, of which every single one i've had points to biweekly = every two weeks

my point is no one EVER uses biweekly to mean twice a week - give me an example of it happening commonly in society and i'll drop the argument

Top Bottom