• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolphin Online - Melee Netplay

DEP

Smash Rookie
Nevermind. Ignore me, I'm dumb and don't know how to enable cheats

Last edited:

Greed-checkTheTek

Smash Ace
I need some help, I'll be buying a laptop for netplay soon and my price range is 200$ and I found a laptop with these specs.
Dell Precision M6300 17' Dual Core Gaming Laptop 2.5GHz 250GB Win7 64-bit
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Edition
- Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.5 GHz
- 250GB Hard Drive
- 2 GB Ram
- 17.1" High Quality LCD Display (1440 x900 )

Are these specs good enough to run melee netplay well? I don't care too much about maxing out the graphics or anything like that I just need the practice.

Y-L

Smash Champion
I need some help, I'll be buying a laptop for netplay soon and my price range is 200$ and I found a laptop with these specs.
Dell Precision M6300 17' Dual Core Gaming Laptop 2.5GHz 250GB Win7 64-bit
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Edition
- Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.5 GHz
- 250GB Hard Drive
- 2 GB Ram
- 17.1" High Quality LCD Display (1440 x900 )

Are these specs good enough to run melee netplay well? I don't care too much about maxing out the graphics or anything like that I just need the practice.
That won't be strong enough, much too old that laptop is from like 2008. You're going to need AT LEAST a third or fourth gen i3 processor to run melee well. I recommend looking for a refurbished laptop with an i5 4200m. You'll probably need to increase your price range, $200 for a decent laptop isn't realistic.

Greed-checkTheTek

Smash Ace
That won't be strong enough, much too old that laptop is from like 2008. You're going to need AT LEAST a third or fourth gen i3 processor to run melee well. I recommend looking for a refurbished laptop with an i5 4200m. You'll probably need to increase your price range, $200 for a decent laptop isn't realistic.
Really ? people told me it'd work

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
It's been like 4 months, can you please prod someone to port the UDP netplay code to the newest version of dolphin? I spoke to Comex about it on twitter and he said he was too busy and someone else was doing it, then that attempt was dropped as far as I know. https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/1857

The current version of dolphin (652) has dropped frames and all sorts of other dumb ****, if we upgraded then people could netplay much more stably on lower powered computers, and we'd be able to netplay a wider range of games reliably. I personally really want to get some Guilty Gear Accent Core netplay going.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
It's been like 4 months, can you please prod someone to port the UDP netplay code to the newest version of dolphin? I spoke to Comex about it on twitter and he said he was too busy and someone else was doing it, then that attempt was dropped as far as I know. https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/1857

The current version of dolphin (652) has dropped frames and all sorts of other dumb ****, if we upgraded then people could netplay much more stably on lower powered computers, and we'd be able to netplay a wider range of games reliably. I personally really want to get some Guilty Gear Accent Core netplay going.
For Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus online, here's the thread on it, and it doesn't require Dolphin, I just dunno what specs you need: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/inde...cent-core-on-pc-now-actually-playable-online/
Though probably nobody plays Accent Core Plus anymore at this point, people are either playing Accent Core Plus R on PS3 or Xbox 360, or Xrd on PS3 or PS4, but much more likely you'll find people on Xrd since it's fresh and new. If you really love Guilty Gear, then you should probably save up for a PS4 atm, since that'll be the only source of Guilty Gear in the future soon. I know it'll be an expensive investment ($600+ total with the PS4 being $400, arcade stick being $150-200, and the game itself being $60), but it'll be worth it, Guilty Gear will have a strong scene for a while.

As for adding the UDP netplay code onto the newest Dolphin, I think it's a good idea now with native GameCube controller support on the emulator and some pretty big improvements on the overall emulation.

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
I got in contact with that guy and he said he's actually going to work on patching master with 652s UDP Netplay and I'm going to try to stay on top of it to make sure this goes through. Super cool that someone is taking initiative with it.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
I got in contact with that guy and he said he's actually going to work on patching master with 652s UDP Netplay and I'm going to try to stay on top of it to make sure this goes through. Super cool that someone is taking initiative with it.
That's great to hear, I'd definitely be down to play after the update to the branch.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
For Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus online, here's the thread on it, and it doesn't require Dolphin, I just dunno what specs you need: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/inde...cent-core-on-pc-now-actually-playable-online/
Though probably nobody plays Accent Core Plus anymore at this point, people are either playing Accent Core Plus R on PS3 or Xbox 360, or Xrd on PS3 or PS4, but much more likely you'll find people on Xrd since it's fresh and new. If you really love Guilty Gear, then you should probably save up for a PS4 atm, since that'll be the only source of Guilty Gear in the future soon. I know it'll be an expensive investment ($600+ total with the PS4 being $400, arcade stick being $150-200, and the game itself being $60), but it'll be worth it, Guilty Gear will have a strong scene for a while.

As for adding the UDP netplay code onto the newest Dolphin, I think it's a good idea now with native GameCube controller support on the emulator and some pretty big improvements on the overall emulation.
I've used NullDC to netplay GG Accent Core online, it's a piece of ****. I own GGAC+R and Xrd, Dolphin has superior netcode as sad as that sounds. The trouble is older versions of it have slowdown issues with transparent effects.

Just trust me, kay?

Ghetto Blush

Smash Apprentice
For some reason my Mayflash Adapter will register that it is working in the GCPad settings, but the moment I try to play Melee it ceases all activity. This happens the majority of the time and the few times that I can actually use my controller while I play, it will randomly stop working.

I'm assuming this isn't a hardware issue since anytime I'm not playing a game, the sensors detect my movement perfectly. I tried reinstalling the drivers but that didn't do anything. Can anyone help me here?

Y-L

Smash Champion
For some reason my Mayflash Adapter will register that it is working in the GCPad settings, but the moment I try to play Melee it ceases all activity. This happens the majority of the time and the few times that I can actually use my controller while I play, it will randomly stop working.

I'm assuming this isn't a hardware issue since anytime I'm not playing a game, the sensors detect my movement perfectly. I tried reinstalling the drivers but that didn't do anything. Can anyone help me here?
Try checking background input?

Hieu Tran

Smash Rookie
hey guys, I'm having an issue actually connecting with my brother through nuptially. We have same version, same dolphin, etc. I can't join his and he can't join mine but he can join anybody else. It keeps saying disconnected

iLLuMinati_EYE

Smash Apprentice
i've noticed while looking through the AR codes for melee there is a widescreen support, i have yet to test it online i love how it looks offline and i was just wondering if it will cause desync and if so is there an alternative to it

Keytrun

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keytrun
3DS FC
1908-0553-7302
Hey guys. I haven't played melee in years (mainly play smash 4). I really want to try netplay. i have the latest version of dolphin and my official adapter working laglessly! Anyone want to try netplay with me? Skype is a must so we can at least text chat in real time to get it figured out,

Y-L

Smash Champion
Hey guys. I haven't played melee in years (mainly play smash 4). I really want to try netplay. i have the latest version of dolphin and my official adapter working laglessly! Anyone want to try netplay with me? Skype is a must so we can at least text chat in real time to get it figured out,
Go to smashladder.com

SilentSneeze

Smash Rookie
I keep getting an error when I try to connect to netplay called "Traversal server timed out connecting to the host". Anyone know how I can fix this?

Mambo490

Smash Rookie
Hello, can one of you guys help me. I downloaded a melee ISO and I unzipped the files. Now it is just a folder with stuff in it. When I try and load it it doesn't work because it doesn't register it as an ISO? Did I do something wrong, was I suppose to extract the files?

Y-L

Smash Champion
Hello, can one of you guys help me. I downloaded a melee ISO and I unzipped the files. Now it is just a folder with stuff in it. When I try and load it it doesn't work because it doesn't register it as an ISO? Did I do something wrong, was I suppose to extract the files?
You're supposed to rip your own copy of the game instead of downloading it off the internet :p

Mambo490

Smash Rookie
You're supposed to rip your own copy of the game instead of downloading it off the internet :p
Oh does it not register if I downloaded it from the internet? And how do I RIP my own copy? I have a copy but what do I do? This is so confusing ugh!

Y-L

Smash Champion
Oh does it not register if I downloaded it from the internet? And how do I RIP my own copy? I have a copy but what do I do? This is so confusing ugh!
You probably just got a bad copy. The LEGAL way to do it is to use a homebrewed wii and use the app Cleanrip (found on internet) which extracts the iso from your disc.

Mambo490

Smash Rookie
You probably just got a bad copy. The LEGAL way to do it is to use a homebrewed wii and use the app Cleanrip (found on internet) which extracts the iso from your disc.
OK, but you are saying normally if I download off the internet and extract the files it will be an ISO right?

Jebus244

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NOHANDLEB4RZ
Ok, I downloaded dolphin 4.0. What do you do with the 4.0-652 file? I can't access netplay.
Okay, I can access netplay by clicking tools->start netplay. Is this what you do? I am still confused as to the purpose of the 4.0-652 file. I really don't know what it's doing because I don't open dolphin with it, I start dolphin with the stable version 4.0.

Plus, my 4.0-652 file turned into dolphin-dc-netplay-4.0-652-x64.7z

What's a .7z? Is it supposed to be this type of file?

Top Bottom