• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolphin Online - Melee Netplay

Penol

Smash Rookie
Hey! im a scrub from sweden thats totally up for playing, just reply to me if you want someone to reck :reverse:

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Uhm, i cannot seem to find the Global melee net play AR Cheat, any help?

Y-L

Smash Champion
PAL ver and dolphin 4.0 - 652
The pal version is probably why it's not there. Ntsc is the standard for Netplay, but if you insist on using pal (maybe with your friends or something) you can use 20xx (unlocks everything and doesn't require a cheat). Since it is just with your friends though you can find a save file online with everything unlocked for pal and just load the memory card in your Netplay session. I'm not sure but you might all need the same memory card to stay synced.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
i got the other cheats tho and all chars + stages unlocked lol , even de bug mode so its kinda 20XX without training Cstick and being able to play pal/ntsc chars
The pal version is probably why it's not there. Ntsc is the standard for Netplay, but if you insist on using pal (maybe with your friends or something) you can use 20xx (unlocks everything and doesn't require a cheat). Since it is just with your friends though you can find a save file online with everything unlocked for pal and just load the memory card in your Netplay session. I'm not sure but you might all need the same memory card to stay synced.

Y-L

Smash Champion
i got the other cheats tho and all chars + stages unlocked lol , even de bug mode so its kinda 20XX without training Cstick and being able to play pal/ntsc chars
Do they actually work for you? A lot of the cheats just crash your game. If they work, just have your friends enable those cheats as well and you'd be fine.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Do they actually work for you? A lot of the cheats just crash your game. If they work, just have your friends enable those cheats as well and you'd be fine.
The cheats work fine :), hopefully i can play via some friends lol. need my new wii u GCCA to get that working aswell

flwns

Smash Cadet
Did anyone see this post on reddit, IE showed off this code that cleans up the laggy parts of FoD.

this was the code he posted

Lagless FoD [Dan Salvato]
041cbbd4 60000000
041cbefc 48000028
041cbf54 60000000
041cbf84 60000000

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2p9bmw/new_code_removes_fountain_of_dreams_pool/cmuhzio

I'm wondering if it can be used for netplay, but every time i add it to my GALE01.ini it reverts and get overwritten back to what it was before i pasted the new code. I also tried making it read only, didn't help.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Did anyone see this post on reddit, IE showed off this code that cleans up the laggy parts of FoD.

this was the code he posted

Lagless FoD [Dan Salvato]
041cbbd4 60000000
041cbefc 48000028
041cbf54 60000000
041cbf84 60000000

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2p9bmw/new_code_removes_fountain_of_dreams_pool/cmuhzio

I'm wondering if it can be used for netplay, but every time i add it to my GALE01.ini it reverts and get overwritten back to what it was before i pasted the new code. I also tried making it read only, didn't help.
FOD is already lagless in the newer versions of dolphin.

hariooo

Smash Apprentice
What's the common resolution for the issue where I can host but not connect? And when I say not connect I mean I join a lobby and get the ?ms stuff going on. If I retry joining, 1/3 of the time it'll work and the rest of the time it just leads to weird disconnections and freezes. Hosting works perfectly.

I know it has something to do with the firewall/router but I'm looking for common fixes. Something that isn't "disable your firewall completely and put your computer on the DMZ".

KACHOW!!!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
T.M.Paunch
3DS FC
2122-6416-3741
Once I got to the AR codes section I found that there where no options at all, and I couldn't find "Global netplay settings" does anyone have a solution for this? your help would be greatly appreciated.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Once I got to the AR codes section I found that there where no options at all, and I couldn't find "Global netplay settings" does anyone have a solution for this? your help would be greatly appreciated.
Is your iso NTSC v1.02? Using dolphin 4.0-652?

KACHOW!!!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
T.M.Paunch
3DS FC
2122-6416-3741
@ Y-L Y-L yeah, I just checked, I got my copy of melee from emu paradise. Pretty sure its the right one. Also, I can't get my wii u pro controller or my wii mote- classic controller to work properly, do you have any advice for that? The classic controller works sort of ok, but sometimes the sticks don't work great, and the c stick doesn't work at all, so it's not really playable. My wii u pro controller seems to register everything fine except for right on the left (movement) stick, and it doesn't register any inputs on the right (C stick) stick, except for right. So its like the system is understanding both sticks as one.

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
@ Y-L Y-L yeah, I just checked, I got my copy of melee from emu paradise. Pretty sure its the right one. Also, I can't get my wii u pro controller or my wii mote- classic controller to work properly, do you have any advice for that? The classic controller works sort of ok, but sometimes the sticks don't work great, and the c stick doesn't work at all, so it's not really playable. My wii u pro controller seems to register everything fine except for right on the left (movement) stick, and it doesn't register any inputs on the right (C stick) stick, except for right. So its like the system is understanding both sticks as one.
Don't talk about downloading iso's here, that is illegal. Follow the controller settings in the FAQ.

bhoogs

Smash Rookie
Ok, so I got Dolphin 4.0-652 and the ISO file and followed the instructions to the letter, but I am still running at only 30 FPS. I just wiped my Mac's disk and reinstalled the software myself in hopes of getting it to run faster, but to no avail. What is the next step? How can I get my computer to run fast enough?

These are my laptop specs:

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010)

MacBook Pro - model: MacBookPro6,2

1 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5 CPU: 2-core

4 GB RAM Upgradeable

Intel HD Graphics - VRAM: 288 MB

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M - VRAM: 256 MB

Color LCD 1440 x 900

Should I try to install more RAM or will that help?

Last edited:

Bubsi

Smash Rookie
I too seem to have the right ISO and Dolphin version but my AR Codes are blank, any suggestions?

Y-L

Smash Champion
Ok, so I got Dolphin 4.0-652 and the ISO file and followed the instructions to the letter, but I am still running at only 30 FPS. I just wiped my Mac's disk and reinstalled the software myself in hopes of getting it to run faster, but to no avail. What is the next step? How can I get my computer to run fast enough?

These are my laptop specs:

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010)

MacBook Pro - model: MacBookPro6,2

1 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5 CPU: 2-core

4 GB RAM Upgradeable

Intel HD Graphics - VRAM: 288 MB

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M - VRAM: 256 MB

Color LCD 1440 x 900

Should I try to install more RAM or will that help?
I'm pretty sure you have the i5 520m in there. If that's the case you're experiencing a CPU bottleneck and there's not much you can do besides get a new computer. RAM isn't going to help you any. I'd recommend building a cheap desktop with the g3258, that will run most things well and you can build a full pc for like 400 bucks.

Could you post a link to the FAQ?
Sorry I thought this was my thread, try my guides FAQ in my siggy.

I too seem to have the right ISO and Dolphin version but my AR Codes are blank, any suggestions?
Use winmd5 to get the md5 checksum and if it's not 0e63d4223b01d9aba596259dc155a174 then you have a problem with your iso. Also make sure you have the right dolphin revision, 4.0-652.

Bubsi

Smash Rookie
[quote="Y-L, post: 18253026,

Use winmd5 to get the md5 checksum and if it's not 0e63d4223b01d9aba596259dc155a174 then you have a problem with your iso. Also make sure you have the right dolphin revision, 4.0-652.[/quote]

:-/ I don't really know what the issue could be

Sir Bubbles

Smash Journeyman
So, I cannot connect/host to anybody no matter what I do, and it's starting to get on my nerves.

I've tried disabling my firewall, Port Fowarding, Direct IP connection, but nothing has worked?

Any suggestions?

OhJay

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I have an issue with trying to play online. I have the iso from emuparadise and dolphin 4.0-652. I can successfully open melee with dolphin, but when I go to enable the "global melee netplay settings," there is nothing in the AR-codes section. Halp please. I'm sure its soemwhere in this thread but I couldn't find it in the search.

bhoogs

Smash Rookie
Ok, so tried it with a different computer, a Mac from early 2014, and it runs plenty fast, but it skips back and forth from 60 fps to 30 fps and back up to 60 repeatedly. Any reason why this is happening?

Y-L

Smash Champion
Ok, so tried it with a different computer, a Mac from early 2014, and it runs plenty fast, but it skips back and forth from 60 fps to 30 fps and back up to 60 repeatedly. Any reason why this is happening?
Could be overheating and throttling (reducing speed to reduce heat)

Y-L

Smash Champion
I downloaded one ISO and it had 2 files in it so I'm wondering how to put it all together. (Does coolrom.com Melee ISO still work)
It does depend on which iso you're using. You need 1.02 melee. You shouldn't talk about downloading isos though because that is illegal. You should dump your own copy of your iso from a hacked wii using cleanrip.

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
It does depend on which iso you're using. You need 1.02 melee. You shouldn't talk about downloading isos though because that is illegal. You should dump your own copy of your iso from a hacked wii using cleanrip.
What should I do that if my Wii isn't hacked?

Top Bottom