• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolphin Online - Melee Netplay

Y-L

Smash Champion
I've done so, and for the offline single player it works, but when i start the game in a netplay session it sais that there is not a save game file in the memory card >_<

The two of us have the same save game file and we've turned off all cheats
Only one of you needs a memory card. You go to configure pads on the netplay window->turn on your memory card.

NackJicholson

Smash Rookie
NNID
NackJicholson
I seem to have a problem with desync with my friend Jake. He's from Ohio and i'm from Texas and the game itself runs well and hardly lags but we'll do the first match fine then it desyncs. We have the same dolphin and rom and we doubled checked everything multiple times and I really don't know what else it could be. Would really appreciate it if somebody could reply with help!

ps: mine works with everyone just not with him

Last edited:

JekkoJay

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know how to troubleshoot (maybe even go over through teamviewer) connection problems when trying to host or join a lobby? I've tried everything and still every time I get the "disconnected" error when connecting to others.

taul

Smash Rookie
I've desynced with 90% of the people I've connected to on Anther's Ladder. I thought I followed the guide but I must be missing something. When I launch the game I start at the CSS but desync after playing on a stage for a few seconds.

My relevant Dolphin settings:
imgur.com/a/0ybes

Are any of these known to cause problems? I tried changing most of the graphical ones around but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
I've desynced with 90% of the people I've connected to on Anther's Ladder. I thought I followed the guide but I must be missing something. When I launch the game I start at the CSS but desync after playing on a stage for a few seconds.

My relevant Dolphin settings:
imgur.com/a/0ybes

Are any of these known to cause problems? I tried changing most of the graphical ones around but it doesn't seem to make a difference.
Graphic settings are local, they wont desync you. Did you verify your md5 checksum of your melee iso to ensure it isn't a bad dump?

taul

Smash Rookie
Graphic settings are local, they wont desync you. Did you verify your md5 checksum of your melee iso to ensure it isn't a bad dump?
Double checked. I used this hash: 0e63d4223b01d9aba596259dc155a174. It says "The Codes Match!", so I guess that's not the problem.

Y-L

Smash Champion
We've checked all that and i don't think resolution has to do with desync but even so we've also tried that.
Double checked. I used this hash: 0e63d4223b01d9aba596259dc155a174. It says "The Codes Match!", so I guess that's not the problem.
If you or your partner have the 20xx hack pack as an iso that will conflict with your normal melee iso. The reason for this is that they have the same game id (GALE01) and thus dolphin can't differentiate them when choosing a netplay game. What is probably happening is that one of you is booting up 20xx while the other is booting normal melee. Either change the game id of the iso using a hex editor or game id editor (I recommend this, it's super easy;if you do this make sure to hit view->purge cache in Dolphin for the change to take effect) or put the iso in a different directory so Dolphin doesn't see both.

taul

Smash Rookie
If you or your partner have the 20xx hack pack as an iso that will conflict with your normal melee iso. The reason for this is that they have the same game id (GALE01) and thus dolphin can't differentiate them when choosing a netplay game. What is probably happening is that one of you is booting up 20xx while the other is booting normal melee. Either change the game id of the iso using a hex editor or game id editor (I recommend this, it's super easy;if you do this make sure to hit view->purge cache in Dolphin for the change to take effect) or put the iso in a different directory so Dolphin doesn't see both.
I moved my 20XX iso to a different folder and everything seems to be going smoothly, no desyncs. Thanks. :)

gijn

Smash Cadet
4.0-652 Dolphin doesn't emulate for me :( followed all the settings just get a black screen then an eventual crash. other versions of dolphin work 100% on my computer has anyone else had this issue?

swiftwinter

Smash Rookie
Does being host give you less delay? Cause I swear, I host a game by myself and set the buffer to 5 and play against a CPU to get used to the buffer and I can do everything fine. Then I go play against someone and they host and set the buffer to 5 and I can't do anything. Feels like two completely different timings.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry if this is rude to ask, but could someone put a bit of pressure on Comex, given that 3.5 is coming soon. It would be great to have a new Netplay build around the same time as the new release of Project M. Bring more low performance setups in.

fruitloops

Smash Rookie
I'm having a problem connecting with netplay. I successfully connected once, but now I can no longer connect, nor can people connect to me if I host. My Windows Firewall is not blocking Dolphin, and I haven't changed anything since I got it to work the first time. I would really appreciate if someone could help thanks!

Last edited:

fruitloops

Smash Rookie
4.0-652 Dolphin doesn't emulate for me :( followed all the settings just get a black screen then an eventual crash. other versions of dolphin work 100% on my computer has anyone else had this issue?
I had that issue too; check if your GPU is nvidia brand. If so, switching your graphics settings to OpenGL should fix the problem.

fami

Smash Rookie
Hello, I got a problem. I didn't play Smash on Dolphin for ~3 weeks and when I started it again I experienced a lot of spikes. Not lagspikes, simply spikes. Happens offline aswell. I didn't change anything (4.0-652 since a couple of months, always the same) in the time I didn't use Dolphin.
Any suggestions?

Y-L

Smash Champion
Hello, I got a problem. I didn't play Smash on Dolphin for ~3 weeks and when I started it again I experienced a lot of spikes. Not lagspikes, simply spikes. Happens offline aswell. I didn't change anything (4.0-652 since a couple of months, always the same) in the time I didn't use Dolphin.
Any suggestions?
specs?

fami

Smash Rookie
Is this what you're looking for? Motherboard: Medion ms7728 (i can't link it cos of post count)
I got an i5 quad core

fami

Smash Rookie
Does mb someone know where to put my problem to get an answer?

Y-L

Smash Champion
Yeah well, but how do I get the PAL version? I suppose the standard Melee ISO which is used for Netplay is NTSC, no?
You can rip your pal iso off your disc with clean rip, alternatively the 20xx hack pack has pal character functionality.

Just change the game id or keep it in a separate place than your ntsc iso as dolphin can't tell the difference between any of those since the game ids are the same.

But yes ntsc is the standard.

bhoogs

Smash Rookie
Is there any way this will work with Mac OS X 10.6.8? All of the up to date Dolphin emulator downloads seem to require a 10.7 at least.

Also, I can't find a Super Smash Bros. Melee Revision 2 (1.02) ISO file anywhere. Lots of pages say they've been taken down for copyright? Can anyone help?

Edit: I was able to download version 3.5 of Dolphin and that works on my computer, but will this be able to connect properly with other people online using more updated versions?

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Is there any way this will work with Mac OS X 10.6.8? All of the up to date Dolphin emulator downloads seem to require a 10.7 at least.

Also, I can't find a Super Smash Bros. Melee Revision 2 (1.02) ISO file anywhere. Lots of pages say they've been taken down for copyright? Can anyone help?

Edit: I was able to download version 3.5 of Dolphin and that works on my computer, but will this be able to connect properly with other people online using more updated versions?
No you'd have to update your os.

Downloading isos on the internet is illegal, you can dump the iso from your disc using Cleanrip.

3.5 is not compatible with 4.0+ for Netplay.

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
Sometimes when I'm playing falco my turn around lasers don't come out and other times I'm going for a straight laser and a turnaround laser comes out. I'm pretty sure I set my controls right in dolphin but it keeps happening and it gets really annoying.... Is it a controller fault or is it dolphin? because I literally just bought this controller.

Top Bottom