• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolphin Online - Melee Netplay

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand what that change is doing? What are the alternatives?
In Windows Vista and later, the generic HID input driver gets routed through the Desktop Window Manager (DWM) first, which introduces input lag. Because only the generic driver does this, controllers with their own drivers (like the XBox 360 controller) aren't affected by this.

By disabling this, the input lag disappears. I thought you could just disable Aero in Windows 7 to accomplish the same thing, but I'm not so sure now, and Vista is another matter.

If you don't want to go to the trouble of doing that every time you open Dolphin, you can either set the service to never start, or you can use another program like Razer Game Booster to automatically disable the service when opening Dolphin, and restart it when Dolphin closes.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
If you don't want to go to the trouble of doing that every time you open Dolphin, you can either set the service to never start, or you can use another program like Razer Game Booster to automatically disable the service when opening Dolphin, and restart it when Dolphin closes.
What's the downfall of having it set to never start? Do you recommend Razer Game Booster for other uses as well?

cjugs

Smash Ace
yeah i just ran it through the emu and it was lagging really bad i messed with the graphics but i can't get it to not lag. any alternative other than buying another comp

DJVictor

Smash Cadet
NNID
VictorLarbi
sooo.. who wants to play me?? i would love to play against humans for once i kinda got bored of CPU 's..
i play marth and am not bad at this game at all..
the thirst for battle is real..

oats_

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know if the mayflash adaptor works with a wavebird? I went ahead and bought it when I only have a wavebird, but i'm not sure if it will work... Hopefully I don't need to buy another controller too.

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
What's the downfall of having it set to never start? Do you recommend Razer Game Booster for other uses as well?
I don't know. If I would have to guess, I'd say Aero is disabled, but you never know. I keep Aero disabled on Vista anyway, and I manually switch it off on 7.

Razer Game Booster doesn't really have much use outside of this, but it doesn't really bloat your computer. I personally uninstalled it when Razer bought it from IOBit (or w/e happened), but I could go either way.

I'll try xplit then. Thanks
Nope. Never use XSplit for anything. XSplit free < XSplit paid < OBS.
The issue isn't with OBS, it's that Dolphin doesn't like anything hooking into its graphics output (including XSplit) in Dual Core. Single Core is fine.

Last edited:

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Nope. Never use XSplit for anything. XSplit free < XSplit paid < OBS.
The issue isn't with OBS, it's that Dolphin doesn't like anything hooking into its graphics output (including XSplit) in Dual Core. Single Core is fine.
Well then what am I supposed to use to stream netplay??

Last edited:

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
i cant get the chat to work. any help?
I hear using an actual IRC client helps.

Also, when I first started using the web client, I noticed something odd. If you let the page sit for around 20 seconds before logging in, it works fine every time. Maybe the assets aren't finished loading or something?

Last edited:

Sebovich

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Im trying to play a friend in my town but when we connect to each other, the game is like in slow motion. Both of us can run the game perfectly no lag when run normally.
My computer: 1st gen i7, 3,4ghz, 8gb ram 1666hz, Geforce GTX 680gfx card
His computer: i7 3,8ghz, 8gb ram 2000hz, Radeon HD 7950
What could be the problem?
Edit: MS is 20-25
He´s got a real slow upload connection though 0,8mbit. And I am not able to connect to him, only he can connect to my games. Could his slow upload or firewall and router cause this slowdown?

Last edited:

DJVictor

Smash Cadet
NNID
VictorLarbi
Hey, Im trying to play a friend in my town but when we connect to each other, the game is like in slow motion. Both of us can run the game perfectly no lag when run normally.
My computer: 1st gen i7, 3,4ghz, 8gb ram 1666hz, Geforce GTX 680gfx card
His computer: i7 3,8ghz, 8gb ram 2000hz, Radeon HD 7950
What could be the problem?
Edit: MS is 20-25
He´s got a real slow upload connection though 0,8mbit. And I am not able to connect to him, only he can connect to my games. Could his slow upload or firewall and router cause this slowdown?
yes

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
I have NO experience in computers, and I was wondering if this will give me solid performance while playing Melee netplay. I need a computer.

Specs
Processor: Intel 4th Gen i7(1.8GHz)
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4400(I think this is bad)

Good for Melee?

DJVictor

Smash Cadet
NNID
VictorLarbi
I have NO experience in computers, and I was wondering if this will give me solid performance while playing Melee netplay. I need a computer.

Specs
Processor: Intel 4th Gen i7(1.8GHz)
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4400(I think this is bad)

Good for Melee?

if you have dual core and 3gb of ram it should be good..

Top Bottom