• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
It's past 10:00 AM EST, which is usually when directs get announced.
Nothing has been announced, and I understand it must be do the the celebration of Metriod's 35th Anniversary.

Maybe within the next hour or two.. We shall see.
Also, I don't think they have ever announced an upcoming direct on a Saturday. Someone correct me on that incase I am wrong.

Also, a new short trailer for Dread. A very intriguing one..
Did you see what may have been SA-X from Metriod Fusion?

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
That Dread trailer is incredibly interesting.

With a Chozo being seen in person, I guess they’ll get a larger part in the story. If I’m not mistaken Samus Returns actually teased an evil Chozo so they could be the big bad of this game. Potentially even making the EMMIs a chozo creation.

It looks like the SA-X was there for a moment in CGI, unsure if thats for a flashback or if one or even multiple of them made it off the ship in Fusion.

Samuses suit is actually different from the one seen in all the promotional art. I guess thats what it looks like before getting any Upgrades. Neat.

This game is gonna be amazing.

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord

With a Chozo being seen in person, I guess they’ll get a larger part in the story. If I’m not mistaken Samus Returns actually teased an evil Chozo so they could be the big bad of this game. Potentially even making the EMMIs a chozo creation.

It looks like the SA-X was there for a moment in CGI, unsure if thats for a flashback or if one or even multiple of them made it off the ship in Fusion.

Samuses suit is actually different from the one seen in all the promotional art. I guess thats what it looks like before getting any Upgrades. Neat.

This game is gonna be amazing.
Yeah, the Chozo seen is very likely the same one in the Chozo memories. Since we know Dread will mark an end to the Metroid Saga, the next story arc could be about the Chozo, specifically the warrior faction. If the Chozo General turns out to be a recurring villain, I can already see them as a frontrunner for the next Smash Bros.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Did you see what may have been SA-X from Metriod Fusion?
Yep, someone caught it too.

The image does a good job at being creepy like the original close-up.

The EMMIs were already confirmed to be a Galactic Federation creation. They were sent to the area where the X-Parasites were said to still be alive and then the GF lost contact with them. If anything, the Chozo possibly captured them and re-programmed them or muddled their programming.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The lack of a security certificate made me think Smashboards was hacked for a second.

If the 8/8/18 Direct is for anything. It would presumably be announced today or tomorrow at the latest.

Same here, Old Ridley actually looks really cool. I think it’d be neat if that was what newborn members of Ridleys species looked like before evolving (I can’t remember the actual word for it) into his current design.
SB did get hacked once many years ago but that’s a story for another time

and correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the 7/14/14 Smash 4 livestream that ended up being the Lucina and Robin reveal announced on a Saturday?

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Yep, someone caught it too.

The image does a good job at being creepy like the original close-up.

The EMMIs were already confirmed to be a Galactic Federation creation. They were sent to the area where the X-Parasites were said to still be alive and then the GF lost contact with them. If anything, the Chozo possibly captured them and re-programmed them or muddled their programming.
That SA-X Image is really creepy with the updated graphics. Though the EMMIs already seem to be covering the chaser role the SA-X had in Fusion so I’m unsure about how they’d be included, still really cool though.

I wasn’t aware the EMMIs were a confirmed creation of the Federation. Thats pretty neat, would’ve been a smart idea had they not gone Rogue. It wouldn’t be that surprising to see the Chozo reprogram them, bird magic can do a lot.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Someone brought up a potential reasoning as to all this August 8.8.2018 direct weirdness.

I don't really think he's right because I feel like going back to a 3 year old video because of a rating is sort of futile.
Unless they want it to now say: Castlevania is rated T for teen by the ESRB or something
But here:

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Someone brought up a potential reasoning as to all this August 8.8.2018 direct weirdness.

I don't really think he's right because I feel like going back to a 3 year old video because of an M rating is sort of futile.
Unless they want it to now say: Castlevania is rated T for teen by the ESRB or something
But here:

The Papagenos video mentioned that iirc, or at least someone in the comments did

but like if that’s the case why not private the Joker presentation too?? Persona 5 is also rated M by the ESRB

also Castlevania has some M rated games. It’s mostly a T rated franchise though

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion

I don't really think he's right because I feel like going back to a 3 year old video because of a rating is sort of futile.
But here:

Why now though? Its been a while since they’ve implemented that rule so it’d be really weird to go back and change it now.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
The Papagenos video mentioned that iirc, or at least someone in the comments did

but like if that’s the case why not private the Joker presentation too?? Persona 5 is also rated M by the ESRB

Yep. If Joker's presentation actually gets this treatment too, then it would indeed be cuz of the ratings, I guess.
Not to mention, this rating thing would NOT explain why Australia's version of the direct got straight up deleted.

Why now though? Its been a while since they’ve implemented that rule so it’d be really weird to go back and change it now.
My thoughts exactly.
Then again, it's Nintendo. They can do some unexpected things.
Why do I have a feeling the whole 8.8.18 Direct thing actually means nothing and does not hint at a new Direct?
Personally, I would love for the direct thing to mean something
But if it doesn't

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Can’t wait to know that August 8th revealed “Super Smash Bros Ultimate x Simon” and “Super Smash Bros Ultimate x Richter” via reuploaded edited trailer.
Can we expect the same for the Brawl debut trailer or Bayonetta reveal or no because their logos were shown back then.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Can’t wait to know that August 8th revealed “Super Smash Bros Ultimate x Simon” and “Super Smash Bros Ultimate x Richter” via reuploaded edited trailer.
Can we expect the same for the Brawl debut trailer or Bayonetta reveal or no because their logos were shown back then.
Nintendo scrambling to do that rn with their Windows '98 OS

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman

Nintendo actually remembered Metroid's anniversary for once.

Also, a new short trailer for Dread. A very intriguing one...

Nintendo finally put some effort in marketing a Metroid game!

Very juicy teaser, I can't wait to see what the evil Chozo and his warriors have in mind!
That flash memory of SA-X looks great!

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I just learnt that the Japanese video ended up being privatized too now?
So we know for sure they did it on purpose. My two cents is that this video had Luigi literally getting killed so they didn't want it to be seen by everyone anymore, but there are far bloodier videos in other Nintendo directs so that's probably not that.
I really don't see it as being a hint towards a direct, but I also don't see it as totally meaningless. A very strange situation indeed.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Me, while the August 8th 2018 direct being privated and removed in some regions is very strange, something tells me it won't mean anything and will never be explained...

Or it's for the Olympics.
I doubt it’s for the Olympics
Assuming we do get a new Smash Direct, what would it even be about? There is not much Smash related stuff left to share, anyway.
Maybe some last non-character content that’s nevertheless a big deal and they wanna highlight it, like stages?

maybe even a post-DLC ballot for next game? Doubt it tho

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Assuming we do get a new Smash Direct, what would it even be about? There is not much Smash related stuff left to share, anyway.
Just like Joker's video, it could introduce one or two extra modes.
Joker didn't have a true presentation video, they could "tease" the next character in the first few minutes then focus on whatever surprise they have left.
That's a theory of course and has no basis, but if they have extra content, they could easily do a ten-fifteen video without any issue.
My prayers go towards a Smash Run 2.0

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Maybe some last non-character content that’s nevertheless a big deal and they wanna highlight it, like stages?

Just like Joker's video, it could introduce one or two extra modes.
Joker didn't have a true presentation video, they could "tease" the next character in the first few minutes then focus on whatever surprise they have left.
That's a theory of course and has no basis, but if they have extra content, they could easily do a ten-fifteen video without any issue.
My prayers go towards a Smash Run 2.0
Either way, I wouldn’t be expecting such a Direct. That 2018 August Direct thing probably means nothing.

So September should be our best bet for a Direct.

Theguy123

Smash Lord

Nintendo actually remembered Metroid's anniversary for once.

Also, a new short trailer for Dread. A very intriguing one...

There's no evidence for this. Unless you talk about Smash 4 where Heihachi was actually considered even if it only was for a brief moment.
was going off how sakurai said during kazuya’s presentation that they went with kazuya because he has the devil form and heihachi didn’t. A big indicator right there that heihachi at the minimum was considered for ultimate

Jokers trailer isn’t M rated in smash. The trailer on its own is rated E10, the game awards live trailer was rated E10 and his presentation is rated E10

Also Simon’s trailer wasn’t rated M from what I remember. Was going through all the trailers recently so I could put the ratings for each down on my phone and Simon’s was E-T if I remember correctly.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Uh, how would they do that, since...you know, Bayonetta comes from Bayonetta?
"Featuring Bayonetta from the Bayonetta series." :4pacman:

FreeFox

Smash Lord

And there is potential evidence to back you up. (the empty space on the second pass)

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
was going off how sakurai said during kazuya’s presentation that they went with kazuya because he has the devil form and heihachi didn’t. A big indicator right there that heihachi at the minimum was considered for ultimate

Jokers trailer isn’t M rated in smash. The trailer on its own is rated E10, the game awards live trailer was rated E10 and his presentation is rated E10

Also Simon’s trailer wasn’t rated M from what I remember. Was going through all the trailers recently so I could put the ratings for each down on my phone and Simon’s was E-T if I remember correctly.
I think the August direct was rated T due to using footage from Melee, which is rated T.
Or are we referring to the individual trailer?

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Was anyone else blocked from visiting Smashboards for most of the day today? I got a pop up stating that it might be a website trying to impersonate Smashboards and steal my information. No clue what that was about.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Was anyone else blocked from visiting Smashboards for most of the day today? I got a pop up stating that it might be a website trying to impersonate Smashboards and steal my information. No clue what that was about.
The security certificate expired. It happens once a month

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I think the August direct was rated T due to using footage from Melee, which is rated T.
Or are we referring to the individual trailer?
individual Simon trailer was rated RP and the presentation was rated RP-T due to melee content.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Well if the final character only has Dharkon to be killed then it would have to be Amaterasu.
theres still multiple out there that can take down dharkon

amaterasu
Shadow
King boo
High IQ characters
Another bayo character
Paper Mario

and plenty more I can’t think off because I don’t play that many games these days

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion
Speaking of Koei-Tecmo, what are everyone’s thoughts on the eligibility of a Dynasty Warriors character? I feel Lu Bu is equally as deserving as Ryu Hyabusa with how huge the Warriors games have become but he might be disqualified due to being based on a real person.
I think Hayabusa is the closest thing to a mascot than Lu Bu is and he's been in some Warriors games too. I feel in some ways, Hayabusa represents the best of Koei Tecmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom