• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
holy crap. not only was the japanese version of the direct taken down, but it was delisted off the smash website itself

https://www.smashbros.com/ja_JP/movie/index.html
View attachment 325403

this is weird lmfao
Okay, this is just ******* weird.

Even if it means nothing, what reason is there to do this in the first place? If it was just a future Indie World or something, there'd be no need to delist the videos that are embedded on the website, because people wouldn't search for general Directs there.

Ivander

Smash Legend
holy crap. not only was the japanese version of the direct taken down, but it was delisted off the smash website itself

https://www.smashbros.com/ja_JP/movie/index.html
View attachment 325403

this is weird lmfao
Okay. I could see the Youtube videos as being Youtube-things regarding that unlisted-to-privated stuff and Youtube being Youtube, but actually taking it off the Smash website?

Just what the heck? What is the reasoning for this? At this point, it's either for something incredibly silly or for good reason.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This is some scooby doo stuff right here. I don’t know what to think of this all.
Well gang, looks like we've got another mystery on our hands.
Let's split up and look for clues!
By which I mean let the stoner and his dog stumble across the monster and fill the airtime with antics!

SKX31

Smash Master
I still think we are looking to deep into the Direct thing, I don't know how a private old direct means we are getting a new one, I think it's just some dumb YouTube ****ery that Nintendo hasn't fixed yet.

OR I could be completely wrong.
I think the privatization of 8/8 is likely just some weird Youtube voodoo. I doubt we would get and smash news that would be on the same day, seeing as 8/8 this year is a Sunday. Combine that with Sakurai literally telling us we would have to wait for CP11 and I think we just need to take a step back and relax.

While we could in theory get a new direct, I would be hesitant for this month. Nintnedo tends to prefer doing a fall direct rather than one in August for their q4/next year stuff. Then again, I do think it is reasonable to say we might not even get a new character in September, so who knows.
Chances are pretty damn good it means nothing, but at the same time we know it has a very short shelf life (we only have to wait until the month ends at most to confirm that).

If something happens it'll be really interesting, and regardless it provides quite a lot of fodder for discussion. Something this thread needed considering that not too long ago people were complaining over the lack of reasons to speculate now that we're down to one character left IIRC.

Okay, this is just ******* weird.

Even if it means nothing, what reason is there to do this in the first place? If it was just a future Indie World or something, there'd be no need to delist the videos that are embedded on the website, because people wouldn't search for general Directs there.
Okay. I could see the Youtube videos as being Youtube-things regarding that unlisted-to-privated stuff and Youtube being Youtube, but actually taking it off the Smash website?

Just what the heck? What is the reasoning for this? At this point, it's either for something incredibly silly or for good reason.
Okay, this is starting to look intentional.

In b4 CP11 is revealed at the strangest location possible - the Olympic Closing Ceremony. As a sequel to the Simon / Richter reveal, where every other character is dead at the hands of the Reaper. :4pacman:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I'm going to laugh and cry at the same time if this ends up happening just because they want to censor something in the trailer or add an "rated T" sentence.
Yeah, but in that case why not do it to reveals of other T or M-rated characters/series too? Why just 8/8?

At this point, I just want to hear an explanation for this, even if it's just marketing or Youtube shenanigans.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I’m not sure it’s YouTube tomfoolery since it seems intentional considering this is the only direct they’re doing this to so far. I guess it being taken off the website already suggests it’s Nintendo and not YouTube, though.

Maybe Intern-kun snuck into Nintendo HQ to get some revenge for them firing him? 🤔

Tbh it does seem unnecessary. I’m not sure Luigi dying would be why it’s being made private, either; they don’t seem to care about Mario getting his skull crushed or his body nearly being impaled, and Luigi’s death is similar to Tom & Jerry or whatever with his spirit still being there and about to return to his body before getting freaked out again…

This is weeeeeird, I take back what I said earlier now lmao.
The Blog post is still here so there is that
“Thank you for watching the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct. You can now view the archived video.”

[this video is unavailable]

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
So, it should be announced tonight or tomorrow if we are getting something. Has there been any leaks pointing to this possibility?

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Chances are pretty damn good it means nothing, but at the same time we know it has a very short shelf life (we only have to wait until the month ends at most to confirm that).

If something happens it'll be really interesting, and regardless it provides quite a lot of fodder for discussion. Something this thread needed considering that not too long ago people were complaining over the lack of reasons to speculate now that we're down to one character left IIRC.

Okay, this is starting to look intentional.

In b4 CP11 is revealed at the strangest location possible - the Olympic Closing Ceremony. As a sequel to the Simon / Richter reveal, where every other character is dead at the hands of the Reaper. :4pacman:
the scenes when I flick on the Olympics and I see a bunch of smash bros characters swimming it out for the last smash invite

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Speaking of the Mario Rapper leak, anyone else feel that most of it is just a lucky guess? Like how Vergeben's leaks were lucky on being right, if you can even call them lucky (as in most of his base Smash Bros. Ultimate leaks, mostly)? I have a feeling they could be wrong on at least the things after CP11.
I don't think it's a lucky guess, it's basically a horoscope, and the number of people falling for it is really embarrassing.
The first two guesses were designed to be applicable no matter to whichever character got revealed, in fact it's rather unlucky that Kazuya requires such a leap of logic to be connected to the second prediction. Yeah, they guessed the Dante mii, but I don't think that was really as hot a take as some people are suggesting. Plus they suggested it would return with the final character so it wasn't going to hurt their credibility until after the final reveal anyway. And everyone knew the MH costumes were returning, even if the Hunter was playable.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Okay, some more news. They didn't remove it from the general Nintendo Direct archive. (Although it's still privated.)

Inb4 they remove it there as well

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Okay so looking into the stuff that was in the august direct, has there been any licensing changes to music or other stuff in general which could explain the reasoning for the weirdness.

Staarih

Smash Master
The deletion of the video does seem intentional, but it doesn't immediately correlate to new information coming. It could very well just be some weird YouTube shenanigans, like copyright issues or something, it's been three years since the video and new guidelines or deadlines for music copyrights could have popped up - it did have Konami/Castlevania stuff in it after all. In no way does this mean the next character is imminent.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Okay so looking into the stuff that was in the august direct, has there been any licensing changes to music or other stuff in general which could explain the reasoning for the weirdness.
While I personally don't know about liscensing stuff, that actually could be an explanation if they lost the rights to a track there or something.

JustPlainDan

Smash Apprentice
So I saw that Rapper Mario post that everybody is talking about, and seeing how it points to the idea that Phoenix Wright, my second most wanted character, is said to be the last inclusion…..yeah, it’s probably fake.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Lets recall everything of that direct: We had the Belmot trailers, King K. Rool, the new echo fighters Dark Samus and Chrom. What else was shown there?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Lets recall everything of that direct: We had the Belmot trailers, King K. Rool, the new echo fighters Dark Samus and Chrom. What else was shown there?
Tease of the Spirits mode, I think Smashdown, the fact Echoes can be stacked. MAYBE some alts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom