• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Usually Directs are announced before Noon. The only DIrect that I can think of that wasn't announced at that time was the 11/5 Direct last year.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Realtalk.

If we were ever to get a 4th party character in Smash... Mickey'd be best choice.

A plethora of games on Nintendo to draw things form (The Castle of Illusion era), general cartoony antics, and possibly a bit drawn from his Kingdom Hearts identity.

As much as people wanna try to push the Goku angle, Mickey's far more iconic and impactful as a character.
How about Nintendo vs Disney?
I mean actually Disney could have a really good roster, especially if you add in marvel and Star Wars. Not going to happen but it be still be fun to think about.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I can't think of the specifics of a new stage but I would really like I stage based on Golden Sun granted Isaac makes it in. Something like Venus Lighthouse would be great.

As for past stages, I want Melee stages to get some love seeing as we already had 4 N64 stages and a Brawl stage. Personally, I want to see Poke Floats, Fourside, and Rainbow Cruise to return. Poke Floats and Rainbow Cruise would be great because they're both unique, fun stages from Melee and Fourside could get in with an added Day/Night system implemented to the stage seeing as Saffron City is unlikely at this point (Fourside and Saffron City are very similar so the former getting in would be better IMO).

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I can't think of the specifics of a new stage but I would really like I stage based on Golden Sun granted Isaac makes it in. Something like Venus Lighthouse would be great.

As for past stages, I want Melee stages to get some love seeing as we already had 4 N64 stages and a Brawl stage. Personally, I want to see Poke Floats, Fourside, and Rainbow Cruise to return. Poke Floats and Rainbow Cruise would be great because they're both unique, fun stages from Melee and Fourside could get in with an added Day/Night system implemented to the stage seeing as Saffron City is unlikely at this point (Fourside and Saffron City are very similar so the former getting in would be better IMO).
Saffron City and Peach's Castle (Melee) are the two stages I want to come back but incredibly doubt at this point.

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
Top 10 DLC Characters That Everybody will be please

King K Rool
Dixie Kong
Issac
Inkling
Bandana Dee
Wolf
Chibi Robo
Sora
Shovel Knight
Rayman

These 10 characters will be the best DLC Packs ever.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Usually Directs are announced before Noon. The only DIrect that I can think of that wasn't announced at that time was the 11/5 Direct last year.

That's not true at all. We've gotten one at 3 and one for Bayonetta at 6, and another one at 4ish. The time's all vary. Nintendo has yet to tweet today at all. We'll see.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Saffron City and Peach's Castle (Melee) are the two stages I want to come back but incredibly doubt at this point.
I personally think Saffron City would have been brought back at this point if that was planned so I think it's unlikely for said Stage making it in to the game. Hence why I pitched Fourside because it's very similar to Saffron City and can have an added Day/Night system in the stage. Imagine how great that would look on the Wii U.

I would much rather have Rainbow Cruise over PPC from Melee. The former is a lot more fun and would be a great addition to Sm4sH stages.

That's not true at all. We've gotten one at 3 and one for Bayonetta at 6, and another one at 4ish. The time's all vary. Nintendo has yet to tweet today at all. We'll see.
I was just talking about Directs I could remember being announced from the past year. Obviously, it's not going to be the case with all the Directs in the past.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Stages huh?

Returning:
New Pork City
Shadow Moses
Big Blue
Fourside

New:
Phendrana Drifts
Flying Krock
Underworld
Blossom City

They're the Eight I want.

Troykv

Smash Master
Ya know ya love me, hun.

Back to Smash.

What's the "new stage" you want most? For me, I'm still waiting for a proper Bowser's Castle stage.
The End-game Tower (possible spoilers) from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Snake is not coming back.
How about we wait and see instead of making direct assumptions this early? It can backfire on you.

Like saying that King K. Rool is doomed because of the costume when there's still room to speculate.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

Well what do we think?

Snake is not coming back.
A massively-requested Veteran from a somewhat-shady company obsessed with money with their IPs for as little game development as possible is still more likely than the protagonist of a series whose rights are split between Disney and Square Enix and middling support at best.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I personally think Saffron City would have been brought back at this point if that was planned so I think it's unlikely for said Stage making it in to the game. Hence why I pitched Fourside because it's very similar to Saffron City and can have an added Day/Night system in the stage. Imagine how great that would look on the Wii U.

I would much rather have Rainbow Cruise over PPC from Melee. The former is a lot more fun and would be a great addition to Sm4sH stages.

I was just talking about Directs I could remember being announced from the past year. Obviously, it's not going to be the case with all the Directs in the past.
Well yeah I know, I was referring to this year. One was January at 4 the other was Feb at 6.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
The stages I'd want most would be Living Room from Chibi Robo's GCN game where you fight on the table while things go on in the background, and family members could place/remove things from the table during the fight:

or a Hollosseum from Custom Robo, which would not change outside of perhaps a destructible element. It'd really just be visually appealing with all the lights and neon. It could utilize walls and cover more than other stages, which would be reminiscent of actual Custom Robo battles:

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I'm a much larger Mario fan than Mickey Mouse and I've heard that before but I seriously doubt it's true. Maybe it was in 1990's America among children but among the entire population of the world as a whole that's just not possible.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
(bashes head on table dozens of times)

We truly live in the darkest timeline.

The 2 Directs this year (excluding E3) were 1/14 and 4/1
Some people are going for Dixie or Bandana Dee (Sorry Burruni Burruni and @YoshiandToad, Ganon and CT are kinda lonely) I doubt this is real, but if it is they still have a shot.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm a much larger Mario fan than Mickey Mouse and I've heard that before but I seriously doubt it's true. Maybe it was in 1990's America among children but among the entire population of the world as a whole that's just not possible.
Considering how little amount of media Mickey is getting in comparison to Mario these days, I beg to differ

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
What's the "new stage" you want most? For me, I'm still waiting for a proper Bowser's Castle stage.
Bowser's Castle. Seriously. Self-explanatory. Make it just like PM.

Excitebike Arena (w/ Excitebike) - Basically it's set on an Excitebike track, every now and then bikers will race by and launch you, you can either stay on some platforms or hide under the big ramps to avoid. Retro style like Duck Hunt.

Voyage of Time - Travelling stage that swaps between rooms in the six temples of Ocarina of Time. It plays an ocarina warp song whenever it's about to transition to the next temple.
I would also take Majora's Mask's dungeons.

Saltspray Rig - My personal pick for a Splatoon stage. It's got tons of platforms to work with and even some hazards, like crates and a moving crane. You could see Inkopolis in the background since it's at sea.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Some people are going for Dixie or Bandana Dee (Sorry Burruni Burruni and @YoshiandToad, Ganon and CT are kinda lonely) I doubt this is real, but if it is they still have a shot.
Ninty...

I don't expect Ganon to get in this time around.

I'm not truly hopeful for it.

I'm trying to just get the name out there more so that he'll have more power behind him in Smash 5. It just HELPS that with a lot of the vague terms that leakers give, he fits them. He's basically K. Rool with less popularity and being the key to a larger (in highlighting) franchise.

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339

Well what do we think?
Why do I keep getting a gigantic wave of smugness from people like him? Maybe it's because they are pretty much "nobodies" with obvious bias proclaiming opinion as fact?

I remember Roger being waaaaay too confident about Ridley not being in the game along with the ESRB leak being real. Not even that, he seemed to directly mock people that opposed his opinion along with being overall childish and unprofessional. Didn't he cause a ****storm in the Ridley support thread pre-release because of a video (it may have been Rogers' own video opposing Ridley or Etika's pro-Ridley video)?

I really don't care if Roger is a former Nintendo employee. Even if he's right, it rubs me the wrong way. Why spoil it? You're just making people salty and ruining the surprise in the worst way possible.

He's more likely than not full of **** tho :estatic::estatic::estatic:

Editor's note: I really enjoy RogersBase and his channel. He's the reason I got back into One Piece and bothered to even pick up One Punch Man.

Last edited:

pmilkosky

Smash Cadet
What does it matter?

Your statements were "but I'm willing to bet that more people know what game Banjo is from than what game Roy is from," and "Wolf's origins has to be known more so than Roy, if not I'll eat my shoe."

Roy's origins and the game Roy is from, is Super Smash Bros. Melee.
I meant his Fire Emblem game, which explains who he is as a character and his background, which should have been obvious ... Why did I even register on these forums

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You're telling me that we're getting a direct for a game that came out 5 months ago? And if it is real he just gave away the character after all this vague teasing?

I'm calling bull****
I wouldn't be surprised with another Splatoon Direct considering how much Nintendo's been pushing it
I meant his Fire Emblem game, which explains who he is as a character and his background, which should have been obvious ... Why did I even register on these forums
Roy is a stoic wimp who's only notable for being in a fighting game. Perfect

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Roger also tweeted : "Honestly very surprised that we didn’t hear anything big from Nintendo yesterday or today. Starting to think my source was wrong on this."

So looks like I had nothing to worry about all this time. I had a feeling that maybe their inside source was the wrong one, and that they were telling us exactly what the inside source was saying, as in lies.

This is good. Really good.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I wouldn't be surprised with another Splatoon Direct considering how much Nintendo's been pushing it

Roy is a stoic wimp who's only notable for being in a fighting game. Perfect
But a whole direct? Put a trailer for upcoming content in a regular direct but it doesn't need another one, there can't be that much new content coming

Roger also tweeted : "Honestly very surprised that we didn’t hear anything big from Nintendo yesterday or today. Starting to think my source was wrong on this."

So looks like I had nothing to worry about all this time. I had a feeling that maybe their inside source was the wrong one, and that they were telling us exactly what the inside source was saying, as in lies.

This is good. Really good.
Here's hoping, I don't want inklings too much to begin with (For smash 4 at least) but another splatoon direct which will leave us praying for news again for the next couple months? No thank you

Last edited:

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Roger seems like the person who would read a thread like this one and call us "mad" for voicing opinions against the Inklings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom