• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I could argue the word he used could also refer to move set. (depending on how you interrupt the translation)

As he went onto talk about small variations in her moveset, like speed and the sword, it kind of supports that.

Since the abilities remain the same besides a colour.... I find it hard to believe he would constitute that as a new character... If perhaps he made him slower but hit harder... than yes, but if not than no...

There's no clone with the exact same move set abilities... they've alll been changed to hit harder, faster, slowler or differently.

Cosmetically different clones don't exist... the closest would be Alph and the koopalings.
You're yapping about speed and such yet Lucina's only difference is lack of tipper on everything but Dair whereas Dark Pit has a whopping 9 differences, only 1 feeling different

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Don't get it twisted, I like pig pigs, but of all the animal anthro/humanoids options pigs are pretty low on my list. Snouts on humanadoids...nty. Pigs/boars as animal companions, war mounts, familiars et. are all interesting and cool to me though. Gerudos are just way more badass, and the only male in a female race with the triforce piece of power adds to that.

Ganondorf needed what they gave to king DeDeDe in his Gordo, a returnable energy projectile. It's highly unlikely Classic Ganon is joining though, I was just voicing a strong opinion because I'm so so biased, but all of it is in good fun :upsidedown: I'd probably play the big blue baddie and enjoy him, but it would still be a slap to the face after 15+ loyal years of Ganondorf's clone-itis for a more canon Ganon kit to suddenly be involved.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Of course, but those (variations in move-set) are dependent variables whereas Sakurai is the independent variable (he influences the move-set). In the scenario that I believe he is referencing, the character itself is the independent variable. A subtle, yet important difference.
Honestly, i'm not saying its likely, but it's not impossible, that eventually Sakurai could make alt costumes that are more cosmetically fleshed out, but retain the same character slot, if the abilities (besides cosmetics/aesthetics) were kept the same.

I don't really see a big issue if say, in Smash 5, Alph retains his position as an Olimar ALT, but his final Smash cosmetically looks like a different ship, but has the same stats (dmg out put, area of effect, speed, etc.)

With that comparison, I don't see why not, if he wanted to make Dark Link like alph, with a black sword, shield, and triforce slash.

Just because it hasn't been done, doesn't mean it's impossible, it's actually an easier way of making more characters playable, and these are effectively "real" clones, and not "semi/ quasi/ lugified" clones. since recolouring wouldn't take a lot of dev time... I could see him doing it...

You're yapping about speed and such yet Lucina's only difference is lack of tipper on everything but Dair whereas Dark Pit has a whopping 9 differences, only 1 feeling different
That only difference warrants her as a character slot...
If Dark Link had no difference... it wouldn't...

You don't seem to understand function vs. cosmetics.

I don't believe a cosmetic change is considered the same as a functional change...

And since no examples exist... I would say you are incorrect with stating it would be made automatically into it's own character slot... Where as i'm merely suggesting an opinion or possibility that it could happen...

"Yapping".... rude much, some peoples kids, I tells ya.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly, i'm not saying its likely, but it's not impossible, that eventually Sakurai could make alt costumes that are more cosmetically fleshed out, but retain the same character slot, if the abilities (besides cosmetics/aesthetics) were kept the same.

I don't really see a big issue if say, in Smash 5, Alph retains his position as an Olimar ALT, but his final Smash cosmetically looks like a different ship, but has the same stats (dmg out put, area of effect, speed, etc.)

With that comparison, I don't see why not, if he wanted to make Dark Link like alph, with a black sword, shield, and triforce slash.

Just because it hasn't been done, doesn't mean it's impossible, it's actually an easier way of making more characters playable, and these are effectively "real" clones, and not "semi/ quasi/ lugified" clones. since recolouring wouldn't take a lot of dev time... I could see him doing it...
I agree with you in theory; however, I am almost completely certain that this is Sakurai's last Smash. That being said, I would be utterly surprised if his successors did not. Let us be perfectly objective, Sakurai is a little stubborn. That is more or less why he adheres to his own arbitrary rules. Most developers are not this way because they have people to check them.

Tl;dr: Sakurai is George Lucas.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Moving on...

Dream Unlikely/ Impossible Character:

I don't know why but i've become obsessed with this idea recently, I think it's friggin neat...

I secretly want a TCG rep since, ya, know, nintendo owns it... so like it could happen...lol.. probably not.

Morbi

Scavenger
Moving on...

I don't know why but i've become obsessed with this idea recently, I think it's friggin neat...

I secretly want a TCG rep since, ya, know, nintendo owns it... so like it could happen...lol.. probably not.
My most wanted unlikely/impossible character is most definitely Young Link. He is not impossible, per se; however, he is certainly unlikely. That being said, I would not mind Gengar. Gengar is my favorite Pokemon.

Halifax?

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WhataTreeBark
* "From Monday, October 19, 2015 2:00 PM - Monday, October 19, 2015 7:00 PM Pacific Time." It is currently 3:45 PM Pacific Time. Maintenance ends about 3 hours and 15 minutes from now. (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp)

* The eShop leak is proving true. Wild Gunman and Hogan's Alley are announced. Twilight Princess HD is looking probable. (http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/10/nintendo_download_22nd_october_europe)

* GameFAQs leaker supposedly knows about upcoming direct. Provides questionable video evidence. (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805613-star-fox-zero/72677849)

* No major announcements from Nintendo of America's twitter since Splatoon update announcement. (https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/with_replies)

Edit:
Mario Kart 8 reappears first as leaker switches screens.

Render we have already seen:

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
You're too kind, COunting his Final Smash D.Pit has 4 Differences

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
* "From Monday, October 19, 2015 2:00 PM - Monday, October 19, 2015 7:00 PM Pacific Time." It is currently 3:45 PM Pacific Time. Maintenance ends about 3 hours and 15 minutes from now. (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp)

* The eShop leak is proving true. Wild Gunman and Hogan's Alley are announced. Twilight Princess HD is looking probable. (http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/10/nintendo_download_22nd_october_europe)

* GameFAQs leaker supposedly knows about upcoming direct. Provides questionable video evidence. (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805613-star-fox-zero/72677849)

* No major announcements from Nintendo of America's twitter since Splatoon update announcement. (https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/with_replies)

Edit:

Render we have already seen:
Looks like the guy reuploaded to video to a 12 second one to patch the kart icon haha.

ErenJager

Smash Champion

Edit:

Well DBZ comes out tomorrrow.... and fatal frame on the 22nd...
maybe something regarding those...

Also this..
Dat ale'suh

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
Just realized my favorite Metroid song didn't come back in Smash 4.
Hopefully this song is brought back with a Metroid stage as DLC.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Moving on...

THANK YOU FOR CHANGING YOUR AVATAR!!!
(Seriously though that thing was horrifying, no offense)

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
As another reminder, Source Gaming's Smash DLC Poll Data can be found here. Old news, yeah, but considering their top-notch research and amazing ability to poll data in a way that isn't just looking at numbers based on demographics, I'd put these results above anything else we have in the way of determining the top members of the ballot. When we factor in the following:
  • Not already being an Assist Trophy or stage hazard
  • If they're 3rd-party, being within the Top 15 of the poll
  • If they're from an already existing series, being within the Top 30 of the poll
  • If they'd be the first of their series, automatically given a spot after all the above are accounted for
...We'd get a bingo board that looks something like this:
View attachment 78852

Tetra is a surprise to see on there, honestly. I'm surprised she's as high up as she is, but given that all of Midna, Tingle and Ghirahim are Assist Trophies, I guess I can see why.

Either way, I gotta admit that this is a pretty decent spread for Sakurai to pick from, even if there are definitely characters on there I don't agree with.

So what are your Top 5 picks among these 24? I would say Isaac, K. Rool, Inkling, Bandana Dee, and Paper Mario.
Assuming the data is correct (which I'm assuming for various reasons) that seems like a fairly solid lineup.

To play devils advocate however, I shall give my take on the characters. NOBODY ASKED BUT I WANT TO....SO THERE.

We have:
K.Rool
Dixie
Wolf
Krystal
Rayman
Snake
Banjo
Shovel Knight
Shantae
Inklings
Chibi-Robo
Wonder Red
Isaac
Bandanna Dee
Paper Mario
Bomberman
Impa
Tetra
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Ray
Ice Climbers
Chorus Men
Andy
Based on some fairly arguable points I'm going to make, I think that, while this list is vast and interesting, it's not AS interesting as we think.

First, let's talk characters from the same series...Assuming we're only getting 1 DLC character per series (not saying it's going to happen, but it makes sense to not double-dip, not even thinking about TRIPLE dipping), that alone would eliminate several choices. Should this be the case, you'd rule out at least one of Impa or Tetra, Dixie or K.Rool, arguably both Squirtle and Ivysaur, and then most likely Krystal between her and Wolf. That right there trims off at least 5 from the original 24.

Then there's technical issues. Assuming Sakurai stays by his word with Ice Climbers, they won't happen. Assuming tech issues are part of what kept Chorus Men out, they'd be ruled out too. That's another 2. We're down to 17 from the original 24.

Next, 3rd parties. Keep in mind that getting certain characters means certain costs. The amiibo part itself is easily what makes me question Banjo, and that's mainly because it's Microsoft. He's a long shot anyway. At least one of Snake or Bomberman would probably get the boot because, not that it couldn't happen, but two characters from another company as DLC? I'm not so sure about that. In this case, as much as I love Bomberman (seriously, I love those games!) I'm giving Snake the edge because he's a veteran and easily fits the legend status. To continue, Shovel Knight and Shantae...it's more than them just being Indie's. Think about how much those companies would gain from their characters being in Smash. It's pretty much a free bump up to Sonic status, which I have a feeling Sakurai is not going to consider unless Nintendo were to make it a priority. Might just be my opinion, but I don't think they're going to make it...for Smash 4 DLC. Smash 5? I could see it. So in all, that boots out 4 more. Rayman is fine. He's Rayman.

Only other real thing I can think of is the "future" of some of those series. Chibi-Robo got screwed with this. Sadly, Wonder Red is probably facing this fate as well. Really disappointing with these two...they have so much potential for great movesets in Smash. Isaac...I don't know. I don't really think you can call Golden Sun dead just yet. Even so, I think this is the weakest point I've brought up, because I don't think a series being "dead" should limit their inclusion. Ness and Lucas are in. That series has pretty much no future, yet there they are.

At this point, that would leave (hypothetically): K.Rool, Wolf, Isaac, Inklings, Snake, Bandanna Dee, Ray(?) (I don't know enough about him to make a proper point on him. Is his series alive and well?), Rayman, Paper Mario, Andy, and Tetra/Impa. Comes out to 11 total. 13 if you include Dixie and Krystal.

Not a bad lineup at all. There's a lot to work with with that list for sure. This is simply assuming that particular reasons would hold others back, which may not be the case.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Just realized my favorite Metroid song didn't come back in Smash 4.
Hopefully this song is brought back with a Metroid stage as DLC.
*nudge*nudge* wink*wink*

along with ---------------------------------------v

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Let's not give into Banjo Kazooie, no matter how good they'd be (No really I love their games to death) it's owned by the competitor, and giving into them would basically be giving them money and credit.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Let's not give into Banjo Kazooie, no matter how good they'd be (No really I love their games to death) it's owned by the competitor, and giving into them would basically be giving them money and credit.
People like to keep pointing out how BK are owned by a competitor...but they seem to forget something...

If BK were added as DLC, Microsoft isn't the only one to benefit...obviously Nintendo isn't going to add them to Smash unless there is a mutual agreement, plus Microsoft isn't doing too much with the IP to begin with so it's not like free advertisement for an upcoming title that isn't appearing on a Nintendo console....not going to mention any specific characters...
:4ryu:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
People like to keep pointing out how BK are owned by a competitor...but they seem to forget something...

If BK were added as DLC, Microsoft isn't the only one to benefit...obviously Nintendo isn't going to add them to Smash unless there is a mutual agreement, plus Microsoft isn't doing too much with the IP to begin with so it's not like free advertisement for an upcoming title that isn't appearing on a Nintendo console....not going to mention any specific characters...
Still, it would benefit Microsoft more and Nintendo less, and most of the profits would go to Microsoft. Imo it wouldn't be the best decision in terms of profit and marketing.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Banjo-Kazooie is a win-win for MS and a lose-lose for Nintendo. Nintendo has zero to gain from Banjo-Kazooie whatsoever. There's zero chance of future BK games ever appearing on MS, while MS themselves can still produce BK games for X-Box consoles and at the very least re-release the old games; Nintendo can't even do that. As Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones pointed out, Banjo-Kazooie would also have a completely useless Amiibo, too.

All Banjo-Kazooie does is promote Microsoft. Ryu being in Smash promotes a game not on Nintendo's consoles right now, but he can still appear on Nintendo consoles in the future, unlike Banjo-Kazooie.

Assuming the data is correct (which I'm assuming for various reasons) that seems like a fairly solid lineup.

To play devils advocate however, I shall give my take on the characters. NOBODY ASKED BUT I WANT TO....SO THERE.

We have:
K.Rool
Dixie
Wolf
Krystal
Rayman
Snake
Banjo
Shovel Knight
Shantae
Inklings
Chibi-Robo
Wonder Red
Isaac
Bandanna Dee
Paper Mario
Bomberman
Impa
Tetra
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Ray
Ice Climbers
Chorus Men
Andy
Based on some fairly arguable points I'm going to make, I think that, while this list is vast and interesting, it's not AS interesting as we think.

First, let's talk characters from the same series...Assuming we're only getting 1 DLC character per series (not saying it's going to happen, but it makes sense to not double-dip, not even thinking about TRIPLE dipping), that alone would eliminate several choices. Should this be the case, you'd rule out at least one of Impa or Tetra, Dixie or K.Rool, arguably both Squirtle and Ivysaur, and then most likely Krystal between her and Wolf. That right there trims off at least 5 from the original 24.

Then there's technical issues. Assuming Sakurai stays by his word with Ice Climbers, they won't happen. Assuming tech issues are part of what kept Chorus Men out, they'd be ruled out too. That's another 2. We're down to 17 from the original 24.

Next, 3rd parties. Keep in mind that getting certain characters means certain costs. The amiibo part itself is easily what makes me question Banjo, and that's mainly because it's Microsoft. He's a long shot anyway. At least one of Snake or Bomberman would probably get the boot because, not that it couldn't happen, but two characters from another company as DLC? I'm not so sure about that. In this case, as much as I love Bomberman (seriously, I love those games!) I'm giving Snake the edge because he's a veteran and easily fits the legend status. To continue, Shovel Knight and Shantae...it's more than them just being Indie's. Think about how much those companies would gain from their characters being in Smash. It's pretty much a free bump up to Sonic status, which I have a feeling Sakurai is not going to consider unless Nintendo were to make it a priority. Might just be my opinion, but I don't think they're going to make it...for Smash 4 DLC. Smash 5? I could see it. So in all, that boots out 4 more. Rayman is fine. He's Rayman.

Only other real thing I can think of is the "future" of some of those series. Chibi-Robo got screwed with this. Sadly, Wonder Red is probably facing this fate as well. Really disappointing with these two...they have so much potential for great movesets in Smash. Isaac...I don't know. I don't really think you can call Golden Sun dead just yet. Even so, I think this is the weakest point I've brought up, because I don't think a series being "dead" should limit their inclusion. Ness and Lucas are in. That series has pretty much no future, yet there they are.

At this point, that would leave (hypothetically): K.Rool, Wolf, Isaac, Inklings, Snake, Bandanna Dee, Ray(?) (I don't know enough about him to make a proper point on him. Is his series alive and well?), Rayman, Paper Mario, Andy, and Tetra/Impa. Comes out to 11 total. 13 if you include Dixie and Krystal.

Not a bad lineup at all. There's a lot to work with with that list for sure. This is simply assuming that particular reasons would hold others back, which may not be the case.
The "future" of the series argument is dead in regards to this because its more about popularity than what the future holds. However, neither Chibi-Robo or Wonder Red are that popularly requested. In regards to Ray, though, Custom Robo has been dead for years, and it doesn't even have any references in Smash 4 at all, when its at least had trophies in the past games. Advance Wars at least still has an Assist Trophy, and is decently popularly requested overall.

I also wouldn't rule out a second character from a franchise with low representation, but I can't see it happening more than once. Krystal and Dixie are the only real candidates to get this, though Dixie is in a much better position. Krystal does have decent popularity at least. The best thing for Krystal is the fact that Wolf is a Brawl vet and would be easier to bring back, but K. Rool and Dixie would probably be the more hype pair overall, as DK is a much bigger series and both characters are extremely popular and iconic to Nintendo.

Ikenna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
IkennaSmash
Well DBZ comes out tomorrrow.... and fatal frame on the 22nd...
maybe something regarding those...

Also this..
Dat ale'suh
I believe that's the second time Zero Suit Samus costume entered a Fatal Frame game. Once again, the cosplayers' dreams are represented! The protagonist's face looks lovely in it.

Tetra and Vaati are the only Zelda characters I'd really like to see. To me, it feels like most people just jumped on the Impa bandwagon thanks to people thinking she has an enormous chance of being playable, and I really couldn't care less about Ganon.
Same here. Impa from Hyrule Warriors seems like a great inclusion compared to a certain one-shot character that's been there since Melee, but I can imagine the licensing hassle (If existent) with putting Hyrule Warriors content in this game. The "Why go through that if you also have other interesting, pure first-party Zelda characters in line?" might be taken. Sigh, the Ganon topics are becoming redundant to me. Ah, Vaati, from Minish Cap and Four Sword, both Legend of Zelda games developed by Capcom (Whose already present in this game to begin with) and published by Nintendo. He better have his own victory theme if he becomes a Smash fighter. I mean it. His own stage and associated music appearing in the fifth Super Smash Bros. iteration would be a pleasant surprise. Screw relevancy.
*nudge*nudge* wink*wink*

along with ---------------------------------v
Put that down. Only lava-themed stages get to represent Metroid. Showing off the beautiful, different, isolate environments of Metroid in Smash is a bad idea. Don't let me catch you doing that again.

EDIT: :troll:

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Banjo-Kazooie is a win-win for MS and a lose-lose for Nintendo. Nintendo has zero to gain from Banjo-Kazooie whatsoever. There's zero chance of future BK games ever appearing on MS, while MS themselves can still produce BK games for X-Box consoles and at the very least re-release the old games; Nintendo can't even do that. As Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones pointed out, Banjo-Kazooie would also have a completely useless Amiibo, too.

All Banjo-Kazooie does is promote Microsoft. Ryu being in Smash promotes a game not on Nintendo's consoles right now, but he can still appear on Nintendo consoles in the future, unlike Banjo-Kazooie.

The "future" of the series argument is dead in regards to this because its more about popularity than what the future holds. However, neither Chibi-Robo or Wonder Red are that popularly requested. In regards to Ray, though, Custom Robo has been dead for years, and it doesn't even have any references in Smash 4 at all, when its at least had trophies in the past games. Advance Wars at least still has an Assist Trophy, and is decently popularly requested overall.

I also wouldn't rule out a second character from a franchise with low representation, but I can't see it happening more than once. Krystal and Dixie are the only real candidates to get this, though Dixie is in a much better position. Krystal does have decent popularity at least. The best thing for Krystal is the fact that Wolf is a Brawl vet and would be easier to bring back, but K. Rool and Dixie would probably be the more hype pair overall, as DK is a much bigger series and both characters are extremely popular and iconic to Nintendo.
I don't think Sakurai is going to toss his usual requirements just because of popularity. Popularity is important, but that doesn't mean other categories don't need to be filled. That's where many characters fall short, and aren't saved by popularity.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799

To be fair, the eShop and 3DS both have Street Fighter, and it's still owned by a third party company, not a first party. Ryu's also been around waaaay longer than Banjo and so his legacy status is a lot stronger. That, and Banjo Kazooie isn't going to appear on the eShop when the XBox One has Rare Replay.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't think Sakurai is going to toss his usual requirements just because of popularity. Popularity is important, but that doesn't mean other categories don't need to be filled. That's where many characters fall short, and aren't saved by popularity.
Yeah, but the "franchise has no future" argument was only a thing that made it less likely to get a character into the game, not a straight up restriction of any sort. That argument is null and void at this point. If there's a character who is overwhelming popular from a franchise with an iffy future, there's not much stopping them from getting in. Of course, Isaac is the only one really even anywhere close to that anyway.

And another likely factor here is that if a character is popular enough to be requested so highly for the ballot, even if their future is in jeopardy, this would certainly help their franchise continue. Since, again, the ballot isn't just for Smash.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I think people missed the point about me saying that they wouldn't add Banjo if it wasn't a mutually beneficial agreement...If Nintendo and Sakurai has an interest in adding Banjo and Kazooie and approached Microsoft, and Microsoft doesn't give any leeway then they won't bother...

Of course Microsoft won't let them use BK if Nintendo doesn't do the same, this is why, assuming both parties have an interest in this actually happening, they would then discuss eachothers terms...

You guys are making it sound like Nintendo would lose profits if they added BK...if they come up with a beneficial deal, they wouldn't...If Microsoft proved to be a bit too greedy with their terms, Nintendo would simply say 'Have a good and day thank you for your time.'

That's just the basics of business...come up with a deal that suits both parties' needs...if it doesn't follow through then it isn't worth the time, effort and money to make it happen and don't bother...

Last edited:

Polan

Smash Lord
Dumping my wanted DLC stages (and their music) here.

Primal Forest with Rathian/Najarala hazard

Link's House (switches between Hyrule/Lorule)

Sectonia Battle (the stage basically writes itself)

Strange pick but an Ace Combat stage that works like Pilot Wings (except with more explosions)

If Shovel Knight doesn't get in then Plains of Passage would be a nice DLC stage. (Having Shovel Knight coming in and messing with the fighters would be nice.)

Pokemon battle stage. The menu is the main platform.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think people missed the point about me saying that they wouldn't add Banjo if it wasn't a mutually beneficial agreement...If Nintendo and Sakurai has an interest in adding Banjo and Kazooie and approached Microsoft, and Microsoft doesn't give any leeway then they won't bother...

Of course Microsoft won't let them use BK if Nintendo doesn't do the same, this is why, assuming both parties have an interest in this actually happening, they would then discuss eachothers terms...

You guys are making it sound like Nintendo would lose profits if they added BK...if they come up with a beneficial deal, they wouldn't...If Microsoft proved to be a bit too greedy with their terms, Nintendo would simply say 'Have a good and day thank you for your time.'

That's just the basics of business...come up with a deal that suits both parties' needs...if it doesn't follow through then it isn't worth the time, effort and money to make it happen and don't bother...
The problem is there IS no beneficial deal that could logically work. You can't just magically make your first-party character magically appear on another first-party's platform. Its simply not sound logic. The ONLY benefit Nintendo could gain from such a deal is if Microsoft allowed them to put Banjo's games on Nintendo's console. Microsoft would never want that, though, because they want those games exclusive to their own platform. So Nintendo would be getting nothing and Microsoft gets everything in such a deal.

Troykv

Smash Master
Everything is now doomed for the Bear/Bird combo after losing their Nintendo's connection and relevancy.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I actually talked about the trade off thing with Banjo in Smash, and I think he came up with having something Metroid related in Halo. That would be so cool since I play both games.

Burruni

Smash Hero
>Ganon (tied) at #2 for the character they're pointing to.

I love you guys some times.

Edit:
"Ganon (NintendoLand)"

. . .why would it be Nintendoland Ganon of all things instead of LoZ ganon. . .
Referring to Nintendoland being the WiiU title that he's part of, not THAT version of Ganon.... as that was one more "condition" added amongst the leaks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom