• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Lost World?
I either forgot that game existed
thought it came out the same year as generations
or blocked it out by some subconcious choice.

Okay, so they've had from October 2013 to some unspecified date in 2016 to have been planning a good game for the 25th anniversary.

Edit:
Tamaki has been more right than wrong.
Gematsu was... what? 9 out of 11?

Can't wait from Chrom to come as DLC!

Double Edit: inb4

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Redundant much?
Stealth got banned from ****ing GameFAQS for doing nothing but trolling. Not to mention Tama HAS been right in the past
Its redundant but those characters were mentioned by name.

Also, Stealth has been right before. Tamaki was wrong as he claimed the image was fake when it was 100% real.

The thing is you have to take the facts as you see them. The Shovel Knight rumor is relying solely on Tamaki's name and nothing else. There is some feasibility to the newest rumor despite it being vague. Nintendo will likely use one of their own characters for DLC as it maximizes profit and its easier to get the rights too. Most of Nintendo characters have been in multimillion sellers. Shovel Knight is on multiple systems and Steam and it sold 700K. There is more profit in one of Nintendo's own characters.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I either forgot that game existed
thought it came out the same year as generations
or blocked it out by some subconcious choice.

Okay, so they've had from October 2013 to some unspecified date in 2016 to have been planning a good game for the 25th anniversary.

Edit:

Gematsu was... what? 9 out of 11?

Can't wait from Chrom to come as DLC!
No one has a perfect track record, EVER. And if they do their inhuman.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Here's what I think will happen. They announce a Smash character on something Smash related. The rumour is that Inklings will become playable and will be announced...On a Splatoon thing. Before anyone goes 'muh mii costumes' those were being used to promote the game

No one has a perfect track record, EVER. And if they do their inhuman.
ChaosZero was 100 for 100 wasn't he?
Ninka/vaanrose was as well as far as I remember.

of course that is 1 each compared to a history of inside info so it isn't exactly the same but saying no one has ever been 100%right on leaks is false :p

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
ChaosZero was 100 for 100 wasn't he?
Ninka/vaanrose was as well as far as I remember.

of course that is 1 each compared to a history of inside info so it isn't exactly the same but saying no one has ever been 100%right on leaks is false :p
I meant in life.​

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Its redundant but those characters were mentioned by name.

Also, Stealth has been right before. Tamaki was wrong as he claimed the image was fake when it was 100% real.
Doesn't make it less redundant
Tell me, when has Stealth been right? I feel like people are so ****ing dumb for believing a text leak of all things, especially as Rogersbase never said it was for Smash, then Stealth pops in like 'ayyyyy new Smash character, it's not the winner of a suggestion box meaning they aren't playable but they are popular' Not even hints that can be used.

Burruni

Smash Hero
What I want to happen: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3: Crocageddon
Splatoon's last massive update for a while (Octolings Playable in a game mode, +1 weapon class, +2 maps)
Proper Kirby Wii U title
2 Characters Confirmed for Smash

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Doesn't make it less redundant
Tell me, when has Stealth been right? I feel like people are so ****ing dumb for believing a text leak of all things, especially as Rogersbase never said it was for Smash, then Stealth pops in like 'ayyyyy new Smash character, it's not the winner of a suggestion box meaning they aren't playable but they are popular' Not even hints that can be used.
I'll try and find the sources again, but Stealth knew about a press event for Splatoon before NDAs were done. He may have also known about the April 1st direct.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
What I want to happen: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3: Crocageddon
Splatoon's last massive update for a while (Octolings Playable in a game mode, +1 weapon class, +2 maps)
Proper Kirby Wii U title
2 Characters Confirmed for Smash
Add Pokemon Z and Zelda Wii U's title to that list too

Last edited:

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
Please elaborate on why Dixie is more likely than K. Rool and Paper Mario is at E.
Dixie seems like the most likely candidate even though she doesn't have massive support like King K. Rool. And unlike King K. Rool, she may be much more easier to work with.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Add Pokemon Z and Zelda Wii U's title to that list too
Pokemon actually keeps most of it's announcements to their own kind of directs or CoroCoro showings. Thus why I think Go and Mystery Dungeon is all we're getting for Pokemon for the year.

Zelda U is in an awkward place and I'll just wait til it's ready.

Edit:
Dixie seems like the most likely candidate even though she doesn't have massive support like King K. Rool. And unlike King K. Rool, she may be much more easier to work with.
You... don't answer "why is Dixie more likely than K. Rool" with "Dixie is more likely than anyone," it doesn't explain the initial comparison.

And your grounds for her being more likely in a popularity-driven situation is that her ease to be done exceeds the massive disparity in.. popularity.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Pokemon actually keeps most of it's announcements to their own kind of directs or CoroCoro showings. Thus why I think Go and Mystery Dungeon is all we're getting for Pokemon for the year.

I think they could give us a title and a new trailer though, it's been a while

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Edit:

You... don't answer "why is Dixie more likely than K. Rool" with "Dixie is more likely than anyone," it doesn't explain the initial comparison.

And your grounds for her being more likely in a popularity-driven situation is that her ease to be done exceeds the massive disparity in.. popularity.
Well actually, the ballot isn't a popular poll, so Dixie being included over K. Rool isn't impossible.

MYU2

Smash Apprentice

Edit:

I never said Dixie is more likely than anyone. I said she's the most likely candidate of the two. And yes in terms of popularity, K. Rool has the edge over Dixie

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I think they could give us a title and a new trailer though, it's been a while
2 whole years despite Pokken being around in a few seasons and the new Mystery Dungeon and how the mainseries games being released annually for a while. I'm hyped as **** for Z but be patient
Well actually, the ballot isn't a popular poll, so Dixie being included over K. Rool isn't impossible.
Sakurai's looking at unique movesets isn't he? K.Rool has more moveset potential. The argument works both ways

Burruni

Smash Hero
I never said Dixie is more likely than anyone. I said she's the most likely candidate of the two. And yes in terms of popularity, K. Rool has the edge over Dixie
"Dixie seems like the most likely candidate..."

The usage of Most instead of More had the implication of her being the single most likely instead of the more likely of the two.

And you once again don't explain what makes her more likely than "easier to make."

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
As for Dixie being the most likely character, I'm pretty sure that's not true.

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
"Dixie seems like the most likely candidate..."

The usage of Most instead of More had the implication of her being the single most likely instead of the more likely of the two.

And you once again don't explain what makes her more likely than "easier to make."
Just clarify i'm not saying Dixie would be a clone. Sakurai and the team can use assets from Diddy and start off from there. And since we know she was planned for Brawl, Sakurai might have had some ideas for her and could just reuse them again

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I highly doubt he actually knew it and went 'lol gaiz April 1st Direct' like other people did as a joke
Here is the info
I can confirm Stealth is a credible person via his rep on Neogaf

Around last March, I recall Stealth made this post.

https://twitter.com/stealth___/status/577939287989092352

I distinctly remember Stealth being mentioned as trustworthy on Neogaf at the time when the post when made. Everyone started to speculate what he meant by the tweet. 5 days later, it turns out there was an actual private event in Seattle, and lots of Splatoon media followed, as you can see:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1015843
He knew a lot of Splatoon stuff from the event, and gave the time when the NDA ended. He DOES for a fact have connections to Nintendo, and I would believe his word.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Just clarify i'm not saying Dixie would be a clone. Sakurai and the team can use assets from Diddy and start off from there.
....And K. Rool could use assets from :4bowser: for his general build, :4charizard: for a good reptilian snout, :4ganondorf:'s dash attack, :4bowserjr:'s cannon, :4marth:'s cape physics, etc.

But what besides a claim that Dixie being easier to make makes her more likely than K. Rool

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Just clarify i'm not saying Dixie would be a clone. Sakurai and the team can use assets from Diddy and start off from there. And since we know she was planned for Brawl, Sakurai might have had some ideas for her and could just reuse them again
She was planned as a tag-team for Diddy, not as her own character.

Children0fTheStars

Smash Apprentice
Conversely, Stealth swore up and down that the Roy/Ryu datamine was fake. Even going so far as to claim his "sources" disproved it.

Make of that what you will, people.

Last edited:

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
....And K. Rool could use assets from :4bowser: for his general build, :4charizard: for a good reptilian snout, :4ganondorf:'s dash attack, :4bowserjr:'s cannon, :4marth:'s cape physics, etc.

But what besides a claim that Dixie being easier to make makes her more likely than K. Rool
Relevancy makes her more likely

She was planned as a tag-team for Diddy, not as her own character.
Not in the Ice Climbers sense. She would've been able to swap out with Diddy and vise-versa during battle. What would the point of the mechanic be if they had the same moveset?

Burruni

Smash Hero

Not in the Ice Climbers sense. She would've been able to swap out with Diddy and vise-versa during battle. What would the point of the mechanic be if they had the same moveset?
1) Both are certainly relevant. K. Rool being cited as of Smash 4 as "DK's Bowser." She's more recent due to Tropical Freeze.
2) We don't exactly know how that mechanic was going to work nor how far into production it was. The most we can get out of it is the fact that she had crossed Sakurai's radar in a major way.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

I don't remember that being said.

Children0fTheStars

Smash Apprentice
Is there a source on this?

GameFAQs has an embarrassing UI when it comes to searching through popular boards, but I'll try to find something specific.

In the meantime, it's kind of a testament already that his main account there was, as I brought up, suspended to Purgatory level.

Edit: I do know of a post he made in the last few days on an alt where he admits to being wrong about Roy/Ryu.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Guys it's either tama is right and were getting Shovel knight which isn't all that bad.Or stealth_ is right and were getting a "nintendo newcomer" which is just as hype.Either way it goes were getting something this month.That's hype if you ask me.Let's just wait it out

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom