• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Novice Sword

Smash Apprentice
Alright time for some fun!
If a character with nothing on any Nintendo console got into Smash, who would you want?

Personally, I would accept the TF2 Soldier since he could play in a similar (but different) way to Snake.
(This is fun!)

For a TF2 character I'd want Heavy Weapons Guy. He's kinda the mascot of the game (less so these days) and I think he could use a lot of cool weapons. Maybe the various miniguns are cartoony enough to pass for Smash. Sandvich could be his Down Special where he self heals if you time some button presses in sync with the "om nom nom" sound effect. And Medic can show up as part of his final smash: "Ubercharge" That'd be cool. 2Fort could be his home stage where the fighting takes place on the central bridge!

Jak and Daxter would be another cool character with zero Nintendo history. They could draw from the whole series, but focus on Jak's Eco powers from the later games.

Ratchet and Clank would be in a similar vein, but use all their wacky weapons. the R.Y.N.O is the obligatory final smash though complete with 1812 overture blaring triumphantly. I would also demand a Captain Quark mii costume to go with them.

An Ape Escape character would be pretty sweet too.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Also, considering the various teasers YGC have been giving, the fact that they haven't outright doubted SK in interviews, and a recent glitch on the Amiibo site, (Which could very well mean nothing but still) it could very well turn out to be true.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If a character with nothing on any Nintendo console got into Smash, who would you want?

Personally, I would accept the TF2 Soldier since he could play in a similar (but different) way to Snake.

Just give me this cute sack thing and I'm sold. Words can't describe how much I love LittleBigPlanet and there's so much potential with his moveset.

D

Deleted member

Fei from Xenogears, admittedly partially because of that game's relation to Shulk, Xenoblade, and Monolith Soft.

Both Spyro and Crash have had games on Nintendo platforms dating back to the GameCube and GBA.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Fei from Xenogears, admittedly partially because of that game's relation to Shulk, Xenoblade, and Monolith Soft.

Both Spyro and Crash have had games on Nintendo platforms dating back to the GameCube and GBA.
That's not how you spell Kos-Mos.

Shovel Knight's amiibo is listed as compatible for training on the Sm4sh page:
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3oafhg/nintendos_official_page_lists_shovel_knight/
So does the Yarn Yoshis.

So does the Skylander Amiibos.

So does the 30th anniversary Mario Amiibos.

So did the Chibi-Robo Amiibo.

It means nothing as of yet.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The Traveler from Journey.

An evasive-type move set with great mobility but weak attacks.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I wouldn't be surprised at all if all we got were vets.
I'm not saying its gonna happen, i'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me.

So far DLC has been mostly vets Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy.
The fact they brought back Roy, of all characters, even though I love him, didn't think that would happen.

I feel like characters that share skeletons, or like the same roots are easier to develop.
I wouldn't be surprised about Pichu at all, a shrunk Pikachu skeleton, and some modeling and good to go.

I think they're going with characters that have impart some of the work already done for them, and if not already done, than atleast something that requires few adjustments, and tweaking.

And I wouldn't be shocked if at some point we actually did get ice climbers, Sakurai said he tried to get them in but couldn't get them to work on 3DS, so perhaps theres a complete or near complete Wii U icies sitting at HQ. If at some point he abandons the 3ds & wii U needing to be the same rosters... It could happen.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I wouldn't be surprised at all if all we got were vets.
I'm not saying its gonna happen, i'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me.

So far DLC has been mostly vets Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy.
The fact they brought back Roy, of all characters, even though I love him, didn't think that would happen.

I feel like characters that share skeletons, or like the same roots are easier to develop.
I wouldn't be surprised about Pichu at all, a shrunk Pikachu skeleton, and some modeling and good to go.

I think they're going with characters that have impart some of the work already done for them, and if not already done, than atleast something that requires few adjustments, and tweaking.
To be fair.
:4drmario::4mewtwo: & :4feroy: were all planned to still be in Brawl. Mewtwo with the most effort put to him. Sakurai probably saw this as a chance to not let his work to Brawl Roy not go to waste when he was still one of the most requested veterans to return.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
To be fair.
:4drmario::4mewtwo: & :4feroy: were all planned to still be in Brawl. Mewtwo with the most effort put to him. Sakurai probably saw this as a chance to not let his work to Brawl Roy not go to waste when he was still one of the most requested veterans to return.
The most surprising for me i think would be Ivy or squirt.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Well considering all the screw ups with amiibo listings on the Nintendo website, I will take it with a grain of salt... But I will be very disappointed in Sakurai if he adds SK in this game.

While the smash page says the amiibo is compatible, his actual amiibo page doesn't have a single game listed besides both versions of SK: http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/shovel-knight-amiibo-shovel-knight-series

YCG has only gone on the record to say it works for Chibi Robo and SK.

Chibo Robo's amiibo lists it as compatible for Smash 4 also.
http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/chibi-robo-amiibo-chibi-robo-series

Last edited:

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
If we could get any characters from an Assist trophy or Pokeball, who would you pick?

Mine would be...
Shadow: A much more complex Sonic character that can focus on Chaos attacks like Chaos spear or Chaos blast. He would be slower than Sonic but a bit more on the strong side.

Dillon: He would be an interesting fighter, though I don't really have much to work with. Imagine a fight between Sonic vs Mighty the armadillo (Dillon) in Smash bros

Zoroark: Though I prefer Sceptile, Zoroark would be cool. It would represent Gen 5 and a Dark type Pokémon. (I don't think Mewtwo uses Dark type moves)

Lyn: Though I'm not into Fire emblem, I think Lyn would be awesome. She wouldn't be another Swordsman like Marth, Roy, Lucina, and Ike. She has Ninja type abilities and can be a fast but weak character.

Ghirahim: A legend of Zelda character but also a villain. He would be a Dark magic/Sword fighter. (Though I would prefer Cia to be the new LoZ character)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The SK compatibility thing is too ambiguous to make a solid claim on. The inconsistency in compatibility between the Smash and individual amiibo pages is a big red flag, and as such, probably nothing to be concerned over.

Now, if it doesn't get removed like Chibi-Robo's "compatibility" did in the next few days, then there's something to be wary of, but for now, let it slide.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
If we could get any characters from an Assist trophy or Pokeball, who would you pick?

Mine would be...
Shadow: A much more complex Sonic character that can focus on Chaos attacks like Chaos spear or Chaos blast. He would be slower than Sonic but a bit more on the strong side.

Dillon: He would be an interesting fighter, though I don't really have much to work with. Imagine a fight between Sonic vs Mighty the armadillo (Dillon) in Smash bros

Zoroark: Though I prefer Sceptile, Zoroark would be cool. It would represent Gen 5 and a Dark type Pokémon. (I don't think Mewtwo uses Dark type moves)

Lyn: Though I'm not into Fire emblem, I think Lyn would be awesome. She wouldn't be another Swordsman like Marth, Roy, Lucina, and Ike. She has Ninja type abilities and can be a fast but weak character.

Ghirahim: A legend of Zelda character but also a villain. He would be a Dark magic/Sword fighter. (Though I would prefer Cia to be the new LoZ character)
Ashley would be my pick. I fully expect a mii costume for her soon though. She placed top 20 I believe in SGs original japanese ballot poll.

ErenJager

Smash Champion

Mine would be...

Color TV Game 15

Ashley would be my pick. I fully expect a mii costume for her soon though. She placed top 20 I believe in SGs original japanese ballot poll.
ashley for Mario kart 8 dlc!

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

Mine would be...

Waluigi, Ashley, (Isaac), Gardevoir, Takamaru.

NEXT

D

Deleted member

Mine would be...

Takamaru, Lyn, Ghirahim, Waluigi, Meowth and @BluePikmin11 Prince Sable.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Mine would be...

While there are a few in mind that I would love (Including our lord and savior WAAAAAAAAA), there is only one I can accept.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

Mine would be...

Jeff, Midna and Ashley.

Mine would be...

Dark Samus
Midna
Lyn
Takamaru
Sonic the armadillo

D

Deleted member

Mine would be...

Here's a list of AT/Pokeball summons that i want playable, in no particular order:
I want Ghirahim, Dark Samus, Starfy, Prince of Sable, Zoroark, Meowth, Takamaru, Lyn, Dillon, Skull Kid, Saki, and last but not least.......

WALUIGI WAHHHH WAHHH: THE WAAAHHH WILL RISE ONE DAY AND IT WILL ALWAYS BE WALUIGI TIME:

EDIT: I would kinda sorta want Shadow as well, just for a SMBZ reunion (im sorry).

Last edited by a moderator:

Troykv

Smash Master

A Touhou character (Reimu or Marisa), the Ultimate and most popular (comparable with actual AAA) indie series. And one of the few no-Nintendo series that I like.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The SK compatibility thing is too ambiguous to make a solid claim on. The inconsistency in compatibility between the Smash and individual amiibo pages is a big red flag, and as such, probably nothing to be concerned over.

Now, if it doesn't get removed like Chibi-Robo's "compatibility" did in the next few days, then there's something to be wary of, but for now, let it slide.
Chibi-Robo's amiibo page STILL says it's Smash compatible, Liquid.
http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/chibi-robo-amiibo-chibi-robo-series

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Mine would be...

Well now...that is a very easy question for me to answer!!

Midna has been my most wanted for Smash ever since I played through Twilight Princess, I'll take her in any form, cuz I just love the character! Having her paired with Wolf Link is the most ideal and the most appealing since it is what she is known for, though having her play solo could make for an interesting lightweight but trickster type character, her true form is a bit harder to deal with since she doesn't do much in TP, and her Hyrule warriors moveset would be a little too broken for Smash, though I could see her being somewhat of a semi-clone of Zelda with a much greater emphasis on Darkness...

Dark Samus, is another character that I'd just love to have in Smash, but I'm getting very tired of telling people who dismiss her simply because they think she'd be a clone...guess what, pretty much all of them have never played any Metroid game in their life...Not only would she represent the brilliance that is the Prime trilogy, but she'd have such an amizing moveset to go with it, despite her similarities to Samus...After her and Ridley there is no one else who can step up as a Representative for the underappreciated Metroid franchise...

----

Would also be neat...

WAAAAAAA!!
Ashley
Skull Kid
Ghirahim
Gardevoir
Zoroark

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom