• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamcastBoy99

Smash Cadet
NNID
DreamcastBoy99
3DS FC
1220-8501-2461
We all Know I want Klonoa in Smash Bros..but I've also wanted another character.
I am talking about Simon.
I've recently became a giant Castlevania nut,and I think Simon would be a great choice.
Simon could have Trevor,Richter,Christopher,and Julius as alt costumes.
He could also have his NES or SNES animations.
he could have an item crash as a Final Smash,like Hydro storm or Axe tornado,despite not using them in his own games,but his descendants have used them.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Did those people explain how it was... "kosher"?
Vaguely. Then, after the final 3DS roster came out, you had mods making comments to the tune of "Based on what I know, I wouldn't count out Ridley just yet ;) ;) ;)" or "I think Dixie is more likely than K. Rool from what I've heard ;) ;) ;)." It fell flat, of course, but it was pretty common last fall, when DLC speculation was just beginning.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Vaguely. Then, after the final 3DS roster came out, you had mods making comments to the tune of "Based on what I know, I wouldn't count out Ridley just yet ;) ;) ;)" or "I think Dixie is more likely than K. Rool from what I've heard ;) ;) ;)." It fell flat, of course, but it was pretty common last fall, when DLC speculation was just beginning.
But after the leak was proven false did those mods ever come out and say why they believed in the "leaker" in the first place?

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I was pretty much convinced the leaked roster was final like a week before we got the total confirmation from streamers.

I definitely remember talking about it like a day before, and people were all about the "final five", telling me how the leak roster being complete didn't make sense, how the mods had info etc.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Maintenance is Monday so I believe.

I'll probably be off SB for once the maintenance hits until early Tuesday just in case there's a leak. If there's a Direct announced on Tuesday, then i'll be off SB until that Direct finishes. If not, then i'll be back on SB early Tuesday.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Content update on Monday?

The head says no.

The heart says yes.

The whiskers say, "I'm hungry!"

The tail...I dunno what the tail is up to.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm just using the background colors used for the Smash dojo. :p

By the way I created two more:

I'm getting good. :cool:
Hopefully you'll get interested in Frogger soon.
You still need an orange, indigo, and violet though

CRASH BANDICOOT, SPYRO THE DRAGON, AND RAYMAN CONFIRMED :troll:

All seriousness, all three of these guys would make great DLC choices. Perhaps I'm being a bit biased on Crash and Spyro becaue they were a big part of my childhood

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
You still need an orange, indigo, and violet though

CRASH BANDICOOT, SPYRO THE DRAGON, AND RAYMAN CONFIRMED :troll:

All seriousness, all three of these guys would make great DLC choices. Perhaps I'm being a bit biased on Crash and Spyro becaue they were a big part of my childhood
I love Spyro the Indigo Dragon

Doctor3AM

Smash Apprentice
I am really interested in Frogger getting in. I think he's the next logical choice after Pac-Man. Frogger is such an iconic game.

Doctor3AM

Smash Apprentice
I'm talking about classic arcade games.
Is there ever too many third parties? Like, tell me if this is too much.
Sonic
Mega Man
Ryu
Pac-Man
Frogger
Shovel Knight
Slime
Not specifically those, but is 7 too much?

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
This talk of classic arcade games has me thinking....

Imagine if there were a Pinball stage...Near the bottom is a pair of flippers that will send you flying if you get too close, and with a bunch of bumpers and springs everywhere you'll literally pinball everywhere if you hit one...

Of course it would have several Nintendo references all over...Also imagine how flashy it could be with all sorts of lights and effects that occur if certain triggers are activated...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
But after the leak was proven false did those mods ever come out and say why they believed in the "leaker" in the first place?
It was because @ Neo Zero Neo Zero and @vaanrose saw the leaker literally play the game in front of them a significant time before release.

Something Bkupa knew about and omitted. @ BKupa666 BKupa666 why?

I don't know about you guys, but if i was a Mod, i wouldn't be spreading FALSE information around. Just Saiyan.

Anyway, the maintainance thing was tomorrow, right?
They had every reason to think it was real.

Frankly, you should apologize.

They were wrong.

But they were not liars.

And they aren't lying here about Shovel Knight.

Fix your attitude, because frankly I won't allow you insulting our staff's character when they did nothing to deserve it.

You done ****ed up Speed. Apologize. Now.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
He just seems like an icon who fits extremely well in Smash. The more time you think about, the more it makes sense.
Plus he just meshes extremely well with the other 3rd party icons in the game.

D

Deleted member

It was because @ Neo Zero Neo Zero and @vaanrose saw the leaker literally play the game in front of them a significant time before release.

They were wrong.

But they were not liars.

Fix your attitude, because frankly I won't allow you insulting our staff's character when they did nothing to deserve it.

You done ****ed up Speed. Apologize.
Okay Okay Im sorry. :facepalm:

But im curious, what exactly happened there?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay Okay Im sorry. :facepalm:

But im curious, what exactly happened there?
Happened where?

And I apologize for acting out so strongly, but people implying these people are deliberate liars angered me greatly.

That isn't the case with the final four.

And it's not the case for Shovel Knight.

You people need to stop jumping on people when they're wrong. I guarantee you, if it was your character they potentially leaked, you all would be singing a different tune.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Speedwagon didn't know that. I don't think he'd deliberately insult the honour of the staff if he understood the full context.

He's new here, Swamp. He made a poor judgement with what he said, but he didn't mean it as a personal attack.

Why are we even debating the quality of a person's character in a thread intended to discuss...

Oh, ha ha. I get it. Very meta. Carry on.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
My problem is that most people don't even know of Frogger's humanoid form, they just know him as a generic frog. It's not the same as Pac-Man, because Frogger's humanoid form wasn't plastered on his arcade machine's like Pac-Man's was, it didn't even come into existence until many many years after the original classic game. Pac-Man's humanoid form in general has gotten WAY WAY more exposure in the world than Frogger's has.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean that where did the information came from? (the one that was passed to the Mods).
Which info? The ESRB leak, the final four, Butt Butt? Be more specific.

I'm allowing leak discussion because at the moment, Butt Butt leaks are relevant and I can turn this conversation around into what it might mean in the future.

Doctor3AM

Smash Apprentice
And not Snake?
Snake only fit with Brawl's artstyle, he doesn't really fit with Sm4sh's visuals at all really. Snake never fit with Nintendo, he is a true Sony character. The only reason Snake was in Brawl in the first place was a jokey request to Sakurai. The dream is over.

D

Deleted member

Speedwagon didn't know that. I don't think he'd deliberately insult the honour of the staff if he understood the full context.

He's new here, Swamp. He made a poor judgement with what he said, but he didn't mean it as a personal attack.

Why are we even debating the quality of a person's character in a thread intended to discuss...

Oh, ha ha. I get it. Very meta. Carry on.
I actually lurked on this Site Since 2013, I was full aware of the ESRB leak. My account is new, but i know every single leak and rumor that persisted on these boards.

That's why Swampasaur was so harsh on me, because he knew about me lurking for over a year and yet, i came here and went all like "LOL MODS ARE UNRELIABLE", which is inexcusable from someone like me that followed Sm4ash speculation so closely

Don't worry @ Wintropy Wintropy , it's my own fault. And i take all responsabilty for it.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
What it ultimately boils down to is the fact that a few of the aforementioned mods had it on good authority that the information they'd been tipped off about was valid material.

It turned out that it wasn't. It isn't the fault of the mods, because as far as they were concerned, there was no reason for it to be fake.

At the same time, it's a good testament to just how insubstantial hearsay and rumour really is. It wasn't deliberately spread as false information, it was just an unfortunate side-effect of whatever kink in the communicative chain caused the wires to be crossed in the first place.

The same is true of the Butt Butt rumour: we don't know anything for a fact. Absolutely nothing. Zilch. Di nada.

What we do know is that a few people whom are known to be reputable and trustworthy sources have good reason to believe it's true, which, when conflated with the confirmation of the Butt Butt amiibo (incidental to the original rumour, yet still intrinsically connected), seems to line up.

Whether it's true or false, we don't know. I personally urge caution in the matter. Precedent has demonstrated that both sides of the equation can turn out on top: we know that a leak can be totally verified and end up being confirmed mere days after the initial reveal (the Ninka and ESRB leaks), or it can just be an unintended hoax that causes more harm to the speculative community than good (the Spainkiller leak).

Butt Butt may be coming.

He may be the result of a profound error in communication.

What we need to do is entertain both eventualities, because this could really go either way, for better or for worse.

For the record, I am totally neutral on Butt Butt. I just think we as a community should know better than to take objective sides on a debate that we really don't know anything coherent about.

D

Deleted member

What is Butt Butt?
Shovel Knight.

The reason people call him Butt Butt is because of a secret Butt mode which replaces words with the word Butt.

EDIT: GODDAMIT I'VE BEEN GRENINJA'D AGAIN! :4greninja:

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

Something Bkupa knew about and omitted. @ BKupa666 BKupa666 why?

They were wrong.

But they were not liars.

You done ****ed up Speed. Apologize. Now.
actually it was just me, not Vaan. @Phaazoid talked to the guy too though.

Frankly, if he wants to insult me it's fine. I believed what I thought I did then, just like I do now. If people don't like that oh well, and if this hunch doesn't prove right, then oh well again lol.

D

Deleted member

actually it was just me, not Vaan. @Phaazoid talked to the guy too though.

Frankly, if he wants to insult me it's fine. I believed what I thought I did then, just like I do now. If people don't like that oh well, and if this hunch doesn't prove right, then oh well again lol.
Don't worry about my stupidity, i should not have done that.

I hold no grudge against you.

Also thanks for giving me ownership to the Simon Belmont thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom