• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Seeing as how fast they made the first 4, I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least 4 more characters added.

I wonder if they are waiting until the ballot is over to add more characters.
I still think they've started working on ballot characters, but I do think they may not have them quite ready yet, and even then, they may want to wait until the ballot ends to announce them. Plus if they finished the last characters not long before E3, odds are they started the rest around then, if not a bit later. Its probably too soon to release any more characters except maybe a veteran because they're not ready yet. Wolf maybe on the ballot, and announcing the first ballot character in October for a December release.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What with how this update was encrypted (unsure if this is the right term) so as to not reveal anything AGAIN, according to Random Talking Bush, they're definitely hiding something. They're officially done with everything we know about, so it's a big great unknown from here until the next Direct.

D

Deleted member

Out of boredom, here's a list of veterans I think would fit the most as costumes for the following Mii classes :

:4miibrawl: : :4mario::4luigi::4bowser::4drmario::4dk::4diddy::4sheik::4yoshi::4kirby::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::pichumelee::4charizard::squirtle::4lucario::4greninja::4falcon::4wario::4olimar::4sonic::4wiifit::4littlemac::4duckhunt::4pacman::4ryu:

:4miisword: : :4peach:(with her umbrella):4bowserjr:(with his paintbrush):4zelda: :4ganondorf:(:troll:):younglinkmelee::4tlink::4metaknight::4dedede:(with his hammer):4ness::4lucas:(with their bat and stick):popo:(with their hammer):4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4pit::4darkpit:(with the First Blade for the latter two):4villager:(with their shovel/axe)

:4miigun: : :rosalina:(with her rod):4zss::4fox::4falco::wolf::ivysaur:(with his bulb-thing):4gaw:(with a real G&W):4rob::4palutena:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What with how this update was encrypted (unsure if this is the right term) so as to not reveal anything AGAIN, according to Random Talking Bush, they're definitely hiding something. They're officially done with everything we know about, so it's a big great unknown from here until the next Direct.
So they're finally learning? Well, no more spoiled surprises then, which isn't bad.

I wonder how long we have to wait for the next character though.

:231:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Where did he say the data was encrypted?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think he used the wrong term. Moreso, they made sure they didn't leave any miscellaneous files in the code. Its just the new update. At least, that's what I heard.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
he basically said that the files he used to rip the data weren't updated, but then he found that the JP version had these files.

So he checked and nothign was found for characters on the WiiU version.

But last time, everythign was found on the 3ds version and nothing on WiiU.

We still have to wait for 3ds ripping so.....could still happen :)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Seeing as how fast they made the first 4, I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least 4 more characters added.

Maybe. With the datamining back in the spring, it was possibly hinted at that there is one more pre-ballot character or at least one that was planned before the ballot. What could have happened though is that character was also popular in the poll and they just decided to wait to showcase them with other "winners." All the remaining Brawl veterans fall into this description so this may have been the route they chose.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I think its more like: its easier to work on four characters at once than work on one character then six months later start a second one. In fact, it'd probably take longer because it adds more time to balancing; at least if you're working on multiple characters at once, you're balancing all of them at the same time.

Plus, I'd bet all of them were started as soon as the game finished, they just only announced Mewtwo.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Nintendo Direct Leaks are silly.
Always just saying random things and hoping it's true. :drshrug:

If they are, that'd be a bit of a drought from June to October.
Something in August would be nice to fill the little gap. :dr^_^:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

There's no way that Direct leak is real. At max we'll get one more veteran, and odds are extremely slim we'll get a third-party at this point in time. Its WAY too early to get another third-party. If we do get one, said character would probably be the last character released due to the complex licensing pushing the character's development back.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I could see them doing something special for the next direct in honour of Iwata actually.

Which is probably why fake leaks might be trying to use it to their advantage.

(Also in the "leak" above it says that Sakurai announces 3 newcomers, 2 are returning and 1 is third party. How can they be newcomers if they're returning? Load of baloney.)

Last edited:

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
So, threads often have a few characters everyone agrees are most likely. Who're they in this clean-looking discussion thread?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Since today's a fairly slow day for Smash, I thought I would do a little fun thing.

What Smashboard user comes to mind when associated with a potential DLC character? Here are the ones that come to mind for me...

K. Rool: @BKuppa666
Isaac: @N3ON
Bandana Dee: @ Chandeelure Chandeelure
Daisy: @Azure Warrior
Rayman: @JamesDNaux
Wolf: @[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]
Snake: @Scoliosis Jones
Paper Mario: @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Since today's a fairly slow day for Smash, I thought I would do a little fun thing.

What Smashboard user comes to mind when associated with a potential DLC character? Here are the ones that come to mind for me...

Vaati: Scatmansworld
Midna: KenithTheGatherer
Prince Sable: BluePikmin

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Out of boredom, here's a list of veterans I think would fit the most as costumes for the following Mii classes :
Uh huh.... Duck Hunt Dog wouldn't make sense as a Mii Brawler costume... Mii Gunner costume makes more sense... and the Mii Gunner could use the NES Zapper.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Do you guys really think that they already started working on the ballot character(s)? I personally find it a little bit hard to believe... Unless the top character has such a huge lead in the ballot, that it would be impossible for anyone else to catch up to them in the time remaining. Hmm... Do you think that this might be the case?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

3 newcomers, 2 returning, 1 third party

I was confused by this but I interpreted this as 2 veterans and 1 newcomer who is a third party character.

My most wanted third party newcomer is Simon Belmont... and I would like this 1 newcomer to be him... preferably based on NES/SNES Castlevania games.

It would be nice if one of the veterans is Snake... and then we could have more Konami content in addition to Snake and Simon... like returning stage Shadow Moses Island, new stage Castlevania, and Mii costumes based on Konami characters like Goemon, Bill Rizer, Alucard, and Gray Fox. Yeah, that would be really nice.

Simon Belmont for Smash!

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Do you guys really think that they already started working on the ballot character(s)? I personally find it a little bit hard to believe... Unless the top character has such a huge lead in the ballot, that it would be impossible for anyone else to catch up to them in the time remaining. Hmm... Do you think that this might be the case?
I think that we are getting two characters from the ballot before the cut off date and then we'll either get one or the two.

1. We get a character before the cut off date (Around late September) And then the last character in October

2. We get both of the last characters in October

Also, Quick question for everyone, How are we liking Tournament Mode?

Last edited:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
@ Deathlightning21 Deathlightning21 Can you please remind me why people are expecting two characters from the ballot, rather than only one? It seems to be what a lot of people are expecting, but I kind of forgot why...

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Am I the Style Savvy guy or the Ridley guy?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Also, Quick question for everyone, How are we liking Tournament Mode?
Well...
It's online only
I have literally one friend
I was expecting Brawl's Tourney mode
As far as I can tell it's more of a competition for points or wins than a tournament.
Yeah I don't like it very much.

So, threads often have a few characters everyone agrees are most likely. Who're they in this clean-looking discussion thread?
I'm not exactly sure if it still applies, but in the last Character discussion thread I think the general assumption was:
Wolf
King K. Rool
Isaac
Bandana Dee

I think other possibilities are:
Squirtle & Ivysaur (If they were beta elements that were far enough along.)
Exitebiker (If he was a beta element that was far enough along.)
Rhythm Heaven character (If it was a beta element that was far enough along, or if it got enough support in general.)
Snake (Probably not but anything can happen. Wouldn't get my hopes up though.)
Paper Mario (Though probably not.)
Inkling (They could still have had a great deal of votes passed their way. Even though this community mostly thinks they should be next smash only.)

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Wynaut?...

Impa @Diddy Kong
Sylux @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A
Viridi @oni333
Nabbit @ WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever
Balloon Fighter/Bayonetta/Jibanyan/Professor Layton/Agnes Oblige/All veterans @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11
Dark Samus @ Aetheri Aetheri .............wut? no one else seems to be supporting her T_T

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Am I the Style Savvy guy or the Ridley guy?
Former honestly. Ridley's been entirely too popular to tie to a single super fan, whilst vocal Style Savvy seems to mostly get associated with you IMO.

Atleast you get mentioned ;~;
Naturally you're the Lyn guy, I'll mention ya.

Wynaut?...

Impa @Diddy Kong
Sylux @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A
Viridi @oni333
Nabbit @ WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever
Balloon Fighter/Bayonetta/Jibanyan/Professor Layton/Agnes Oblige/All veterans @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11
Dark Samus @ Aetheri Aetheri .............wut? no one else seems to be supporting her T_T
Personally I'd associate Layton less with Blue and more with Curious Villager.

Edit: no, I don't know how to tag. ;;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom