• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I wish I could get behind Chris,
Don't we all...

OH HEY SAVVY STYLIST!!

Style Savvy is a surprisingly deep and complex for a supposedly casual girl's game.

We should support Savvy Stylist more, yes yes?

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I want the K. Rool suit! It looks so good! Gotta hand it to them, these Mii costumes are getting better by the release.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Okay guys, listen to me on this. This is just all just a big work to tell us what new characters are coming. Like the trophy quiz in the smash direct!

Bear Costume: Banjoo, Just Banjoo
Metroid Costume: A new Metroid character, ( helmless Samus most likely )
Fire Emblem Costumes: 2 more Fire Emblem Characters, just to even out the rep
King K Rool Costume: A new DK character
Tales of Costume: An RPG character or a new 3rd party character
Flying Man Costume: Hawlucha character on its way

And the hoodie...?....Iunno, maybe Punch Out?

(warning:thisisajoooooke)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Okay guys, listen to me on this. This is just all just a big work to tell us what new characters are coming. Like the trophy quiz in the smash direct!

Bruh. Remember the last time we believed in the Trophy Theory after that Smash Direct?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Or... it means nothing more than just Mii costumes. And that trophy quiz meant nothing beyond a not-so-subtle hint of Palutena being in Smash.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Or... it means nothing more than just Mii costumes. And that trophy quiz meant nothing beyond a not-so-subtle hint of Palutena being in Smash.
Should I have made it more obvious I was slightly joking?No? Okay then....

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Gonna be honest, I'm not too happy that there isn't a character in this update. Mii Fighter costumes really don't cut it.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Should I have made it more obvious I was slightly joking?No? Okay then....
The Smash community is filled with folks who look or wait for opportunities to say someone else's ideas are "unlikely" or "delusional" so it's understandable that they wouldn't see that as a joke.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I still think there's going to be a direct this Wednesday that will announce a character and the Dr. Mario stage. Nintendo announced the 4/1 Direct one day before it happened so they don't necessarily have to announce it in advance.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Gonna be honest, I'm not too happy that there isn't a character in this update. Mii Fighter costumes really don't cut it.
What did you expect? There was no Direct announcing a character. :p

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Don't we all...

OH HEY SAVVY STYLIST!!

Style Savvy is a surprisingly deep and complex for a supposedly casual girl's game.

We should support Savvy Stylist more, yes yes?
I wouldn't be opposed to this since I myself play this little series, and I also am loving the Wii Fit Trainers fighting style, but you'd think something like this would've made it into the base game not really DLC, even as an unpopular request.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I wouldn't be opposed to this since I myself play this little series, and I also am loving the Wii Fit Trainers fighting style, but you'd think something like this would've made it into the base game not really DLC, even as an unpopular request.
Inb4 Sakurai adds her as the curveball character in Smash 5. Unlike the Wii Fit Trainer incident, I will actually expect this strange choice to happen in the future.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A little thing I noticed on the DLC Shop today that nobody seems to be talking about is that one of the new options is "Fighter Bundle #1", heavily implying that there is going to eventually be another and that, in line with a number of people's theories, expecting at least four more fighters is fairly realistic.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
A little thing I noticed on the DLC Shop today that nobody seems to be talking about is that one of the new options is "Fighter Bundle #1", heavily implying that there is going to eventually be another and that, in line with a number of people's theories, expecting at least four more fighters is fairly realistic.
I was thinking the same thing.

I suppose it's also possible that Fighter Bundle 2 is just all six characters though.

So...

It is at this point where we are in a very awkward position.

We only know one thing.

• We are eventually getting more characters.

And that's literally all we know about the future of Smash 4.

Everything that was previously announced has been released.

• We don't know about any characters in development.
  • We don't know about any stages in development.
  • We don't know about any modes in development.
  • Heck we don't even know about any new Mii costumes.

We know nothing. I don't think this will be for very long.

I think we can expect more reveals soon. Like early August soon.

What do you think guys? Ammidum? Ammismurt?

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

I mean...August is literally tomorrow, but maybe we'll get something by the end of the month? Early August seems a bit close to...well...now after we've just been given several Mii outfits, a couple of stages, etc.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I suppose it's also possible that Fighter Bundle 2 is just all six characters though.

So...

It is at this point where we are in a very awkward position.

We only know one thing.

• We are eventually getting more characters.

And that's literally all we know about the future of Smash 4.

Everything that was previously announced has been released.

• We don't know about any characters in development.
  • We don't know about any stages in development.
  • We don't know about any modes in development.
  • Heck we don't even know about any new Mii costumes.

We know nothing. I don't think this will be for very long.

I think this update didn't get characters for two reasons:

1.) This update already had the massive Tournament update we've been waiting over a year for.

2.) We had three characters last update.

I do think we could get something announced later this month. There's still the possibility of a Direct, but we'll have to wait and see.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I could expect 3 or 4 more characters for a second bundle.

Wolf and 3 newcomers and it would even things out: 4 newcomers, 4 veterans (2 from Melee, 2 from Brawl). It would be perfect.

(...)
Not really.

Each bundle contains content released in each wave.

A Fighter Bundle 2 wouldn't have any of the 4 released characters.

See how the Mii costume bundles work. There are three of them and there's no overlap between each.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Wolf and 3 newcomers and it would even things out: 4 newcomers, 4 veterans (2 from Melee, 2 from Brawl). It would be perfect.

Not really.

See how the Mii costume bundles work. There are three of them and there's no overlap between each.
Hasn't happened yet, but I wouldn't put it past them to eventually bundle all the costumes together for one big pack.

I think 4 is more likely, but I'm playing devil's advocate.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Not really.

Well, to be fair, there are bundles that have all content released so far. Those are the only exceptions, though.

I would think if they only had 6 characters, they would've made the first bundle three. That would've fit well, too, if we got two newcomers; so it'd be Veterans Bundle and later Newcomers bundle. I'm definitely thinking 4 is the accurate number at this point.

Hasn't happened yet, but I wouldn't put it past them to eventually bundle all the costumes together for one big pack.

I think 4 is more likely, but I'm playing devil's advocate.
Again, they do have bundles that have EVERYTHING released so far. But yeah, I wouldn't put it past them to have an "all costumes" bundle once the DLC is done.

If we are getting four, and we get Wolf in October, that would push us up to April, the one year anniversary of the ballot. That's actually very good timing. Maybe they could throw in one more third-party at E3, but that's the max I see happening. (It would take much longer to do a third-party character anyway, so it'd fit to have said character released at E3.)

So yeah, I'm thinking 4-5 at this point, more likely 4.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I still liked the stage idea, but yeah, it was fake. I actually heard it was fake from someone who knew made it, but I couldn't say anything about it. So I knew it was fake before it was even confirmed.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Seeing as how fast they made the first 4, I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least 4 more characters added.

I wonder if they are waiting until the ballot is over to add more characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom