• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Clearly this means that Paper Mario is coming with Super Mario Maker stage, wherein they announce that the stage also switches to Paper Mario style aesthetics, followed by an announcement of such aesthetics being DLC for Super Mario Maker itself.

I can dream.
Yes you can :)

Btw, just to hype you it;s actually released on my birthday, THIS MUST BE A SIGN!

:)

ok not really, but let;s jsut say that getting a direct announcing him on that day would be like craziness and me probably passing out.......

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I want to get on another topic, do you guys think it's possible that pre ballot characters could be revealed alongside ballot characters in future Smash updates. We all proposed that that pre ballot would end then ballot characterswould come next, but I think both of them being revealed in updates is a feasible idea.
Possible, since Wolf would likely be a pre-ballot character

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So here is something interesting found in the Japanese Mario Maker stage trailer.
Screen Shot 2015-09-14 at 9.45.43 PM.png

Apparently, we only have room for one more stage unless another row is taken up. Another thing is that Sakurai said they can't make many more stages back at E3. So here's what I'm thinking:

1. The last stage wouldn't be a returning one. No matter how loved it was, it wouldn't be as cool as a new stage with new possibilities.
2. It needs to be from a game thats fresh, well known, and overall loved. They want the last stage to probably go out with a bang. So you need something amazing. I don't see a DKC, Golden Sun stage regardless of whether or not K.Rool or Issac get in.

So with that, I see only two possibilities. Splatoon or Starfox Zero. Both games are new and have potentially visually stunning designs. Both series are also well loved.

Of course you know where I'm going with this in the character discussion thread. That means potentially either Inklings or Wolf. I said it before in this post, but they probably want to go out with a bang. So bundling it with a character makes sense.

I could be wrong about there being only one more stage left, but between it looking like one more spot for both English and Japanese Stage Selection Screens and Sakurai saying he can't make many more stages, it just makes sense to me.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
So here is something interesting found in the Japanese Mario Maker stage trailer.
View attachment 73434

Apparently, we only have room for one more stage unless another row is taken up. Another thing is that Sakurai said they can't make many more stages back at E3. So here's what I'm thinking:

1. The last stage wouldn't be a returning one. No matter how loved it was, it wouldn't be as cool as a new stage with new possibilities.
2. It needs to be from a game thats fresh, well known, and overall loved. They want the last stage to probably go out with a bang. So you need something amazing. I don't see a DKC, Golden Sun stage regardless of whether or not K.Rool or Issac get in.

So with that, I see only two possibilities. Splatoon or Starfox Zero. Both games are new and have potentially visually stunning designs. Both series are also well loved.

Of course you know where I'm going with this in the character discussion thread. That means potentially either Inklings or Wolf. I said it before in this post, but they probably want to go out with a bang. So bundling it with a character makes sense.

I could be wrong about there being only one more stage left, but between it looking like one more spot for both English and Japanese Stage Selection Screens and Sakurai saying he can't make many more stages, it just makes sense to me.
That image doesn't include the unlocked stages. The US trailer has these stages unlocked, which is why they go to the arrow.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
That image doesn't include the unlocked stages. The US trailer has these stages unlocked, which is why they go to the arrow.
Ah ok. Thank you.

Seems kinda weird they didn't have those stages unlocked when they are at the point that they are ok to show off unlockables.

Still, I think what I said could still be the case thinking on it more. I can still totally see a Splatoon and or Starfox level being a last level kinda deal. Except maybe now there is one or two more extra stages before then.

D

Deleted member

It's like whoever made the japanese version of the trailer didn't know that EVERYONE knows the stage roster. As if they were trying to hide spoilers or something.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Copy:

Wait just a second.

Shouldn't the Mario Maker stage be centered on the Stage Select screen?

It's in a row by itself, yet it's centered all wrong, as if they just photoshopped the other stage out...

come on, there might even be artifacts there

There's this strange blurred circle right where the stage would be. It's especially noticeable at the bottom left of the circle, where the purple meets the orange.
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=178817339

We'll find out if this is accurate or not.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Copy:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=178817339

We'll find out if this is accurate or not.
ok sorry about this because I saw this 5 times today, I really see nothing strange......

I have a severe myopia, I have my face stocked to the screen with magnifying glasses and I see nothing strange......

Can you wither show it VERY specifically or describe what the guy means?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Dunno who specifically to expect the 30th, other than that I will eat (insert unpleasant item here) if it's a newcomer with region-exclusive appeal (fill in the blanks). Wolf, K. Rool, Isaac and Inklings are great options, and we may even get more than one given how long a drought there's been.

Last edited:

ZeroInfinity

Smash Rookie
My thoughts on this ballot.
  • I am really surprised about Jibyanyan's placing. (Makes me want to get Yo-Kai watch even more.)
  • I have no idea what the heck Arle Nadja is.
  • PICHU IS TOP TWENTY!!!!!! YAY!!!!! :D
  • Who is Ray? Is it short for Ray MK III
  • Random Magnemite.
  • Shadow is less popular than Magnemite. lol
  • Mega Man Zero? When was that a thing?
  • Toon Ganon? (Well I guess people reeeeeely want that decloned Ganondorf.)

As a side note, I find it weird when someone says Yink or Tink. I know what it means, but I have a sister, so whenever I see Tink, I automatically think of Tinker Bell. And to me, I find Yink just to be a funny word. Not complaining or anything. Just my thoughts.

Glad to see she still has support. :)
Nintendo needs to buy Okami so Amaterasu can be first party.
This hideous thing is "Mega Man Zero"

Seriously, the Mega Man X version of Zero is the one that deserves to be in Smash, not this thing.
I'm just going to assume that they listed all votes for Zero as "Mega Man Zero" whether it was the X series one or the Zero series one. 'Cause the is NO way that MMZ Zero is wanted more than MMX Zero. That's just ridiculous.

Joseppo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yosemite_JIT
Now that we're close to the end of the ballot, how long do you think they will take to reveal the results (will they reveal them at all)?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I was indifferent to the Mario Maker stage at first, then I remembered Mushroom Kingdom and now I am happy~ <3

I'm expecting good things come the 30th. I don't think Sakurai has ever kept this schtum about Smash content, and with the ballot about to wrap up, time's ripe for a tidal wave of smashing goodness~

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Clearly this means that Paper Mario is coming with Super Mario Maker stage, wherein they announce that the stage also switches to Paper Mario style aesthetics, followed by an announcement of such aesthetics being DLC for Super Mario Maker itself.

I can dream.
I would love for that to happen. I'm kind of surprised that Paper Mario wasn't even a costume in Super Mario Maker.

I'm kinda late to the party, but if I had to choose a Paper Mario character other than Paper Mario, The Great Gonzales gets my vote.

He was the champion after all. :troll:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
This Mario Maker stage clears up the mystery of what they were doing after releasing Ryu. It's a pretty complex stage that probably took most of the manwork after Roy, Ryu and Lucas were released, so it's reasonable to assume that they haven't a battle ready newcomer waiting to be released, expecially if the theory that another stage is going to be released is true. The most I'm expecting is Wolf, because it would be easier to make than other characters, but even then it's more likely than not that he won't make it in this update imo.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
This Mario Maker stage clears up the mystery of what they were doing after releasing Ryu. It's a pretty complex stage that probably took most of the manwork after Roy, Ryu and Lucas were released, so it's reasonable to assume that they haven't a battle ready newcomer waiting to be released, expecially if the theory that another stage is going to be released is true. The most I'm expecting is Wolf, because it would be easier to make than other characters, but even then it's more likely than not that he won't make it in this update imo.
I don't buy it, personally. This is a relatively simple stage to pull off. There's a lot of layouts, but that doesn't mean its so complex they couldn't have a character ready by this point either. I fully expect we'll get a brand new character announced, not Wolf, because I think both A.) They'd want to show off a NEWCOMER first, and B.) they're saving Wolf for when Star Fox Zero is released.

So, no, I completely disagree. In addition, whatever stage it is, its not a new franchise, either, because there's only room for one stage, and its a solo stage. A new franchise would have a stage bundled with the character like Suzaku Castle; or at the very least, its not a third-party character, so no Shovel Knight for certain. We haven't had a new Nintendo franchise yet, so maybe bundling the stage with the character is something that'd only apply to third-party characters, but I kinda doubt that. I think they'd do the same for a new Nintendo franchise as well.

Personally, all things said, I think K. Rool will be revealed by the 30th.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I don't buy it, personally. This is a relatively simple stage to pull off. There's a lot of layouts, but that doesn't mean its so complex they couldn't have a character ready by this point either. I fully expect we'll get a brand new character announced, not Wolf, because I think both A.) They'd want to show off a NEWCOMER first, and B.) they're saving Wolf for when Star Fox Zero is released.

So, no, I completely disagree. In addition, whatever stage it is, its not a new franchise, either, because there's only room for one stage, and its a solo stage. A new franchise would have a stage bundled with the character like Suzaku Castle; or at the very least, its not a third-party character, so no Shovel Knight for certain. We haven't had a new Nintendo franchise yet, so maybe bundling the stage with the character is something that'd only apply to third-party characters, but I kinda doubt that. I think they'd do the same for a new Nintendo franchise as well.

Personally, all things said, I think K. Rool will be revealed by the 30th.
Don't be too overconfident unless you want your dreams crushed. I learned that the hard way after Daisy didn't make it to Super Mario Maker.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Don't be too overconfident unless you want your dreams crushed. I learned that the hard way after Daisy didn't make it to Super Mario Maker.
I would hope by now that everyone on Smashboards would understand not getting their hopes up. Remember the final roster, Ridley "leaks", etc... If anyone here is overly confident, they're neglecting what they've already learned.

That being said, I don't think there should be any surprise whatsoever if there's a new character ready to go. The ballot that is being used to add more characters ends within just days of the release of that new stage. Logically, a character seems likely.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Super Mario Maker in Smash Bros

Mary. O Confirmed

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm not getting too overconfident. I just think that there will be a character, and I think K. Rool is the most likely one.

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
The placeholder stages were found on the 3DS version back in April. So, after the Mario Maker stage two more are coming.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The placeholder stages were found on the 3DS version back in April. So, after the Mario Maker stage two more are coming.
Unfortunately that's a bit of a problem. The stage layout currently doesn't work well for two more stages, and I don't think they'd expand it again for only one more stage. Either they cut a prospective stage, or the placeholder slots were just a random number of extra slots they added and have no bearing on how many will be included in total.

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
Unfortunately that's a bit of a problem. The stage layout currently doesn't work well for two more stages, and I don't think they'd expand it again for only one more stage. Either they cut a prospective stage, or the placeholder slots were just a random number of extra slots they added and have no bearing on how many will be included in total.
Hmm, on the 3DS version there's room for 3 more. Maybe there will be only one more for the Wii U?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hmm, on the 3DS version there's room for 3 more. Maybe there will be only one more for the Wii U?
Or they'll just shrink down the icons on the 3DS if they want to add more.

There were arrows found on the 3DS version, not to mention the portraits shrunk on the Extra page
Aren't the arrows already being used? But yeah, they can just as easily shrink the icons if they wish to add more.

Its basically the same situation as DLC characters. People are using the slots to justify only two more characters, but the "slots" don't help because they are inconsistent between the two versions. On the Wii U version there are two slots. On the 3DS version there are NO slots, but there is still room for an arrow to open up a second page. And on a second page, they'll never be able to fill it up to the extent where the character icons (or stage icons) are too small to be shrunk down even further.

And on the Wii U version? Plenty of room to shrink down the character icons. They only need to shrink every character icon only a tiny bit to fit additional characters.

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
Ah, that's right. Anything is possible from Sakurai's wild ride. He did say "several" characters after all.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
This hideous thing is "Mega Man Zero"

Seriously, the Mega Man X version of Zero is the one that deserves to be in Smash, not this thing.
I'm just going to assume that they listed all votes for Zero as "Mega Man Zero" whether it was the X series one or the Zero series one. 'Cause the is NO way that MMZ Zero is wanted more than MMX Zero. That's just ridiculous.
MMZ has vastly superior character design and aethetics than X.
Your opinion is wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom