• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DJ Wack & Wampam Present: Birdday Banana Bonanza! With livestream!

8Bitman

Smash Master
Alright that's reasonable. And lol Izzy. =P

So now I am officially Pro MK-Ban.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Because Holy would drop Meta Knight and be amazing with R.O.B. instead.
I'm better. :awesome:

8Bit was cheering against Holy in the stream chat xD

:rosalina:
I was, only because he went to MK yet every R.O.B still praised him. I find no logic in that. Holy still cool though, at least he isn't quitting.

I think its cause of my up Bs in teams. XD
^^^ This ^^^

I'm only proban cause I feel if a R.O.B that hasn't mained him for like a year now, placed Top 5 at Concentrate, and made money then I guess I can too. Just not in FL, yall know the R.O.B MU now... Plus I have no say in the ban, so I kinda have to agree and plan ahead. =P

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Lol people who don't want mk banned cause they would do worse in tourney are equally as selfish as those who want him banned so they can do better

:phone:

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
There are people who are salty about the MK banned because they either main him, or have him as a pocket character, resulting in them performing better in the tournament altogether. Without MK, their performance would drop significantly.

Then there are the people who want MK banned because they don't have to deal with a top tier character in order to place decently well. 8bitman, in this case, is someone who wants him banned solely to place better.

The end result in both of these situations is nothing but both parties wanting him banned for selfish reasons.

Master Raven

Smash Master
what the ****

jesus christ you seriously want mk banned JUST so you can do better?!

you don't make pro-banners look good with that kind of reasoning.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Lol olimar diddy is annoying but close to even so I ain't even mad

I'm mad about the luigis returning though.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Lol people who don't want mk banned cause they would do worse in tourney are equally as selfish as those who want him banned so they can do better

I dont play the game anymore. And honestly even if i did, how is me not wanting my character banned selfish? No one gets any time they put into the game removed by MK. Nobody else loses anything by MK not being banned. Everyone can continue to improve vs him. Banning a character just ****s over all the people who put years of experience into him, and when you have people saying "oh i just want him banned because it'll be easier for me" THAT is selfish and honestly just ****in absurd. (This is the reasoning of pretty much every person i've seen who really wants MK gone)

I feel really bad for people like Exdeath or Master_Raven who already weren't winning with MK. Now they have to start over again, and not by their own choice. All that time they put into their character is gone. The only thing that can replace years of experience, is years of experience.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
There are people who are salty about the MK banned because they either main him, or have him as a pocket character, resulting in them performing better in the tournament altogether. Without MK, their performance would drop significantly.

Then there are the people who want MK banned because they don't have to deal with a top tier character in order to place decently well. 8bitman, in this case, is someone who wants him banned solely to place better.

The end result in both of these situations is nothing but both parties wanting him banned for selfish reasons.
You forgot to say that people are also salty about MK being banned because him being gone brings up more bad matchups that he took care of.

I'm indifferent towards the ban and I don't even play MK, but it sucks that I have to play more Falcos, Snakes, Olimars, and DDDs (yes I said DDD, it's not that easy of a MU).

I played really well against Tommy and DrewDaDash so I'm not johning my losses on them btw.

Also, I enjoy challenges. MK being an obstacle made the game rewarding if you won against him. I learned the MU to the point where I only lose to really good MKs aka Seibrik and Afro (haven't played Master Raven). All other MKs I either slightly beat (Exdeath) or consistently beat (MK Frauds).

With MK gone we have many others to worry about tho

This.

I dont play the game anymore. And honestly even if i did, how is me not wanting my character banned selfish? No one gets any time they put into the game removed by MK. Nobody else loses anything by MK not being banned. Everyone can continue to improve vs him. Banning a character just ****s over all the people who put years of experience into him, and when you have people saying "oh i just want him banned because it'll be easier for me" THAT is selfish and honestly just ****in absurd. (This is the reasoning of pretty much every person i've seen who really wants MK gone)

I feel really bad for people like Exdeath or Master_Raven who already weren't winning with MK. Now they have to start over again, and not by their own choice. All that time they put into their character is gone. The only thing that can replace years of experience, is years of experience.
Legit Post, especially the second part.

yo this is like the easiest fighting game created lol, it doesn't take years of exp., takes like months if that long.
I've been playing this game since launch and I'm not the best yet.

You've got some explaining to do Mister.

8Bitman

Smash Master
I started this by simply saying I was now pro-ban... Dear god... Sorry guys. I mean I hate that an entire character in itself is getting banned, and I feel for those who spent time on him. But I can't do anything about it, that is the only reason I am pro-ban, that and if R.O.B can make top 5, then I guess it benefits me. Sorry. O-o

AfroQT

Smash Master
yo this is like the easiest fighting game created lol, it doesn't take years of exp., takes like months if that long.
Are you serious, what does the game being easy to play have to do with experience? This game is almost 100% matchup knowledge and player intelligence because there's almost no technical side to this game, both of which benefit greatly from having played multiple people and having played competitively for a great amount of time (experience).

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I don't see how you're trying to take their side(at least that's what I believe you're doing by quoting them) considering what you just said concerning the ban a while ago lol

Hell you said you were for it, so you're kinda calling yourself a ***** agreeing with Xaltis lol.

:rosalina:

Top Bottom