• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DJ Wack & Wampam Present: Birdday Banana Bonanza! With livestream!

8Bitman

Smash Master
I really don't care, people seem to make a big deal of the ban, but I never cared much to be honest. I am just saying that stupid stuff to joke around. It's whatever to me.

I am only psyched to MM people at the next DJBB. :p

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Are you serious, what does the game being easy to play have to do with experience? This game is almost 100% matchup knowledge and player intelligence because there's almost no technical side to this game, both of which benefit greatly from having played multiple people and having played competitively for a great amount of time (experience).
exactly, from your post you make it sound like its hard to pick up a new character. Every character's inputs are pretty identical compared to other fighting games lol. Like when I played tekken, I'd have to memorize inputs for each character and **** and months not playing it I'd have to review the inputs since they are all different and by them I usually forgot the specific inputs. The majority of this game like u said is just player intelligence.

AfroQT

Smash Master
exactly, from your post you make it sound like its hard to pick up a new character. Every character's inputs are pretty identical compared to other fighting games lol. Like when I played tekken, I'd have to memorize inputs for each character and **** and months not playing it I'd have to review the inputs since they are all different and by them I usually forgot the specific inputs. The majority of this game like u said is just player intelligence.
Dew for real, its like you didn't even read my post. Player intelligence, and matchup knowledge. Its easy to pick up and play a new character at a low level. But nothing will replace the matchup knowledge (which takes time to replace, lots of time).

Notice how the best players are people who have been playing for 2+ and 3+ years. While some people play 2 or 3 characters (sometimes more), alot of top players only play 1 (like Justin for example). If Justin was forced to play a different character permanently, you think he'd just jump back up to where he was before in a few months? Very doubtful, even given how smart he is.

It'd be even worse for players who weren't as smart as Justin.

Everyone says its easy to pick up a new character no biggie, but in reality if you were to drop D3 and just pick up Marth (or anyone you dont play) you'd be getting your *** handed to you at tournaments for a long time before you got even close to where you were before.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
....wow k

Anyway when is this happening guys? It 100% cant happen 12/17 due to holy smash. There's no brawl tourney on 12/10 but i personally wouldn't attend to go to a magic the gathering tourney that day in Orlando. I'm down for the 3rd or 24th though...or even the 31st

:phone:

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I've thought about it, and I'm thinking I might have a Bananza part deux to redeem myself of the past tournament. After knowing what it's kinda like to be in the shoes of a TO, I know what to do and how to do it so people like GDX, Exdeath and 2link don't cover up for my own failures. (Sorry about that, mates)

Since it won't be a "Birthday" event, it might just be a regular FL state-wide tournament held after Apex. This time, I'll have MK banned and I'm gonna make sure I ****ing do everything right and ON POINT. The only help I need from you guys is to make sure you play your matches and get here on time. If I have to sacrifice entering the tournament to make sure everything goes well, I'll do so.

The problem is if you guys will allow me to hold another one.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
This is America. Can't stop you from doing anything bro

But id probably come depending on what other tourney it clashed with

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
This is America. Can't stop you from doing anything bro

But id probably come depending on what other tourney it clashed with

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Hmm, I wanted to host another tourney for awhile now in December.

2 many ppl tho want to host a tourney it seems tho. These dates though run way too close to holidays. I'm wondering if people would still go to a tourney if its on a weekday like Friday since itll be xmas break by then. I even managed to get 3 more setups at my place so there would be like 6 guaranteed.

Oh and afro, I dropped marth a few months after i started this game to go ddd. imo it only takes a good solid 3 months or so to understand the fundamentals of a character. I'm pretty sure I can pick up another character just as easily.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Clashing with another brawl tourney is mad easy to avoid

My problem is that I also attend AE & marvel / magic the gathering tourneys too so there's a high chance something clashes with me and not someone else

Edit: only one tourney so far in December which is holy smash . Nll hasn't set anything and neither has sfl as far as I know. I'll ask nll to not have a December one if clubhouse is happening again in December

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
@Dew - The thing is, others want monthlies whereas I'm just trying to make one biiig tournament so the whole state + OoS can come together. I'm trying to make the tournament happen during early Feb if anything so players can have cool down time after Apex. It can be FL's first big tournament with the MK ban in place.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
ok, then that sounds good. I'll have to ask chu when he is coming down tho exactly so I can plan the date for this better. He usually is down here a little b4 x-mas so, I was considering the 24th perhaps. My question is though, is would ppl be willing to show up to a tourney if its on a day other than saturday like the 23rd? Like im pretty sure no1 would want to come out for a tourney when its on x-mas eve and new years eve. Those days obviously are better used for buying last minute gifts/drinks

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Having a tournament on either Christmas or New Years would probably result in having 1/2 of your attendance showing up, imo.

v I said I'm doing this after Apex, MV****.

That = MK Ban already in place.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
lol, id make mk legal for mine since that would only make sense for apex :cool:

@Dj, yea thats what i was thinking. I'll probably hold it on a friday then or something. Actually perhaps even the 30th then in that case to give a little interval b/n holy smash.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I've thought about it, and I'm thinking I might have a Bananza part deux to redeem myself of the past tournament. After knowing what it's kinda like to be in the shoes of a TO, I know what to do and how to do it so people like GDX, Exdeath and 2link don't cover up for my own failures. (Sorry about that, mates)

Since it won't be a "Birthday" event, it might just be a regular FL state-wide tournament held after Apex. This time, I'll have MK banned and I'm gonna make sure I ****ing do everything right and ON POINT. The only help I need from you guys is to make sure you play your matches and get here on time. If I have to sacrifice entering the tournament to make sure everything goes well, I'll do so.

The problem is if you guys will allow me to hold another one.
Danny, I kinda feel bad for not helping you out as much as I could've. One thing led to another (car being late, wanting to compete, get viable practice in MvC3) and I did very little to help you out.

I promise for your next tourney that I'll help you out. I feel I need to redeem myself and prove that my running Smash at CEO was no fluke.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Well I am not sure If I am going to be going to anything in December. Because I am doing Driver's Ed every Saturday, I think. If I have any days open I will be sure to make it to any tourney.

What good is happening this fine month of November?

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Sure, why not? I think it'd be awesome for the community to give you a chance to redeem yourself by hosting tournament so amazing and awesome that everyone forgets about that other one :)
Yea I wouldn't be involved in hosting this one cause I was only gonna do the last one cause it was for my birthday but this one wont be anymore so oh well.

MVD

Smash Master
And you need not throw the gifts in his face cause that has nothing to do with hosting a tournament

Top Bottom