• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Just hate the egotism. Information is always a gated resource and yet people who own two pages of a book feel like they can be apologists for an entire volume. I guess having pertinence makes you impertinent enough to inform someone that you possess something you don't want to share. As if I would be assed enough to beg for spare morsels of Jedi lore because that's clearly what Disney was angling for with the movie when they wrote the young adult series for which coincidentally the new movie is entirely based on.

Last edited:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
The Man From Delamar The Man From Delamar

Yo my bad man. I just get mad triggered by disingenuous **** or just behavioral patterns I think are fake as ****. I just go off on people at times for it because I'm constantly surrounded by fake ******* or assholes 24/7 irl so I just mad triggered when I see any semblance of it when I'm trying not to be angry. My bad though, I have nothing against you and think you're okay.

Last edited:

Maven89

Smash Master
To me, Yoda is what makes 5 so superb.
I just watched the director's commentary for Empire, and Lucas said "With modern technology, instead of having Yoda cling to Luke's back we'd just have him bouncing around beside him"

Cheerilee Cheerilee

They say that the Millenium Falcon is a "dirty" ship and is somehow flagged, leading to Han Solo/Chewibe finding it so quickly after it set off. When they're going to Maz's palace Han says "We need to get you on a clean ship. How do you think we found you so quickly? If we can, the First Order will". Also, the Ratthgars aren't a Dues Ex Machina because they were introduced before they happened and had a valid story reason for it (Han Solo is now smuggling monsters). It'd be a Dues Ex Machina if the space slugs attacked the ship from outer space right when Han was about to be attacked with no explanation.

There was definitely a lot of coincidences, though, that can't be ignored. But since they've established "will of the force" I'm all down for it. Also feel like they really needed at least one character to be in the movie from the original in order to tie them together and pass the torch. I really, really doubt that Han Solo is going to be a big toy seller, what kid wants the old man toy? They're going to buy the weird aliens and Captain Phasma toys, along with Finn and Rey. As a Kid I doubt I'd have bought old man solo.

Plus, while they call it a "lightsaber", it's a sword. Anyone can swing a sword.

Edit: In happier news, http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/28/us/mexico-affluenza-teen-ethan-couch-detained/index.html

Last edited:

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Most swords dont utterly destroy your limbs as casually as a lightsaber can due to the lack of handguardss. Or autocauterize

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I made some big mistakes against my sister in chess, yet I made a comeback. I am upset at myself and so glad I managed to check mate her hahaha. (To the point of having only one king left)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No I mean I got her down to her king which I didn't usually do. I was certain I'd lose that game because I made many stupid mistakes (I was very aggressive and tried a different opening, not that I know much openings)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Not sure what you mean Orbo. I just see each possible move black can make from there as DEATH and therefore thought my sister was dead.

Not sure how that would make it a draw too.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
hes not in check right now though so ghebs right its technically a draw.
And i meant that if the king moves up to the square diagonal to the pawn and the rook that hed be behind the pawn so it wouldnt be attacking him. Thats only if the board is the way i think it is and the pawn started on the opposite side of where it is now

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I thought white's moving up here so it should be a draw. Black's not in check but can't make a legal move at this point either.

:059:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lmao the pawn can attack. Sorry, I see what you mean now.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's black move. Damn. All that work and I get a draw. I'll tell my sister but I assume she'll forfeit as she won't feel like playing from that anyway.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
someone on my skype said duder to me...

First time someone not J has said that hahaha

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
How come I walk into places and I'm still hearing Christmas music like Jesus

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
How come I walk into places and I'm still hearing Christmas music like Jesus
When you buy the license for a licensed sound-pack it likely permits you to reuse the music until mid-January to early-February. Either that or corporate memo is usually to just run stores on 'Happy Holiday' mode from mid-November to mid-January before cycling out operations. Or possible the fact that there is a stagger from corporate to inform chain stores to make a change could attribute to the delayed Christmas change. What's funny is that I'd make a joke about how Christmas music trumps current pop music but we all know that pop music within the past couple of years has been so atrocious that they are still playing Rihanna songs from 2010.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I signed up for a year commitment with the gym. Yeayuz

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
For the past 5 years, my new year's resolution has been to have a new year's resolution. For the past 5 years, I have accomplished my new year's resolution.

I'd call that a success.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Ranmaru, you better stick with it. Or I will kill you as a sacrifice to the muscle gods, who despise the new year's resolution two-weekers more than even the penciliest of necks.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well, I signed up and already went before new years so I don't think wrath of the muscle gods apply to me. Also I signed up for the year commitment instead of the month by month commitment solely to stick to it, so again, doesn't apply to me. The ones who pick month to month will not have it so easy.

Top Bottom