• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I don't see why they couldn't stay in our hotel room, as long as there aren't too many people in there. Someone needs to take the initiative to get that hotel room, cuz as it stands, we only have roughly 11 days.
ok how many could you hold?

Bwett

Smash Ace
Ok, I'm looking at La Quinta that is roughly 12 min away from the tourney. It will be $69 a night. The question is whether or not yall want to do 1v1 ISP, cuz that is the only event on Sunday. So as it stands, I'm sure some of us will just go to Beah's on Thursday night (if that's cool with Beah), while others will leave Friday night. Those going to Beah's can check into the hotel Friday afternoon and the others leaving later can get there late friday.

If no one is doing the 1v1 ISP, I see no point in keeping the hotel more than that day so we check out Saturday morning and head to the tourney. Do the tournament and Saturday night head back to Beah's. Tell me what you think of the plan. I will only be reserving 1 room tomorrow.

This is the list of Dallas/CS that I know of:
Infinity
UTD Zac
Bwett
DPhat
DMG
Lock
Fogo
Beah
(Two others from CS)

The way it stands, I don't see any room for Houston people, Xyro. There might be even more people in this 1 room from Dallas, not sure. If more people are going in this room, we could split it into two rooms. How many do you plan on bringing?

Actually, even better. I'm reserving a room no matter what today. If you bring 3 people, then just reserve a room at the same La Quinta and we can split the people in both.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Well guys looks like my plans have changed! I believe I am going to WHOBO now that I have a ride, and housing, I am so excited about my first out of town tourney!=]

P.S. Anyone that hates me in the Dallas thread please come talk to me because I would like not to have people hate me for something I possibly might have done. I don't want to have conflicts with anyone in Dallas/Texas I just want to get along with everyone here. So please if anyone has a problem with me PM me so we can resolve the problem... =\

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
You don't seem like a bad person, per se, but you can get annoying at times, yo.

Billy, San Angelo was talking about rooming with us as well. Also, let me know what I owe you for the room.

Last but not least, anyone care to play tonight? I've got the itch to play >.<"

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Billy, San Angelo was talking about rooming with us as well. Also, let me know what I owe you for the room.>.<"
San Angelo should room with Dallas. It will be like Billy's apt all over again =)
And yeah, keep us updated on pricing stuff. If you need help with anything let me know.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Ok, so apparently Xyro doesn't need any space from us. This is all our business and how we do things. Infinity and I are going to each reserve a room at the La Quinta Inn:

The Woodlands North
28673 I-45 North
The Woodlands, TX 77381

It will be $70 + tax. We will divide up the people into each of these rooms. Note that we have to pay for these rooms in advance. Atleast in my room, I expect compensation whenever we check-in or beforehand. Either you have the cash to pay me or you don't stay in my room and hope Infinity is nice lol. I talked to Beah and he said it was cool to crash at his place Thursday night. Pools will start on Friday at 6pm so we need to leave Beah's with enough time to check into our room and get to the venue which is about 5 min away (walking distance).

I talked to Xyro and Pre-Reg for WHOBO is over. You CANNOT buy a badge on-line any more. Furthermore, there are only 40 more badges left...that is it. These are badges that anyone can get the second Registration starts at like ~8am on Friday morning, if they haven't Pre-Registered already. They will be gone extremely fast, so if you haven't bought a badge and expect to get one at the venue, then you are basically out of luck.

HOWEVER, he said that if I count up all that have not Pre-Registered from Dallas, he can set aside some of those 40 for us. These badges will be $50 a piece. Add that along with singles being $15 and doubles being $10 per person. With that being said, I need to know VERY soon who has not Pre-registered so I can give him an accurate count. I know Dphat is one. Is there anyone else that is guaranteed to come but not Pre-registered yet? Keep in mind that this does not include registration for the tournaments. You can register for those at the venue. This is only for the badge to get into the venue.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Lol... oh boy, this badge stuff is going to be a disaster, I can already tell. Xyro better make sure every out of state player has one already, as they should get priority.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Current List for Hotel Room:
Infinity
UTD Zac
Bwett
DPhat
DMG
Lock
Fogo
Beah
Dojo
Santi
Tyson
Cake
Brett
Khaoz
Shuz
(Two others from CS)

Those who need Badges:
UTD Zac
Fogo
Lock
Shuz
Khaoz
Brett
DPhat
Phoenix Alpha +~6

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Warning: Gratuitous amounts of Echo ahead!

April is a very busy month for me school wise. It's not so much homework and classes that have me bogged down, but more so traveling and academic competitions. This week I'll be attending UIL for persuasive and informative speaking @ Skyline. The next week, which means no WHOBO for me sadly, I'll be at UNT for city finals for cross examination debate. It gets worse. The next week, I'll be flying up to Chicago for debate regionals. (It's like CoT4 for me) Basically, no smash for a month, but instead of informing you all weekly, I've composed it into one post.
Anyways, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up as to what I'll be doing since I'll be M.I.A for quite some time. You guys wont see me until the middle of May. Good luck to everyone attending WHOBO and CS. :)

Bwett

Smash Ace
Josh, contact Xyro either by PM or phone number (on Houston thread OP). I'm going to secure the badges for everyone else. You are in charge for yourself and your friends since there are so many of you.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ok just to clear things up

If you have not bought your badge for whobo, you have 2 options.

1. Show up to whobo and ask for the "28$" badge....we have 40 of those

2. If those 40 are out, ask for the "50$" badge......we have infinite amount of those.

Bwett

Smash Ace
UPDATE!!!!!:

Well...nm...Xyro just said it up there lol

Right now, all I'm worried about is people in Dallas calling spots for hotel rooms. Is everyone settled as far as the hotel is concerned?

Current List for Hotel Room:
Infinity
UTD Zac
Bwett
DPhat
DMG
Lock
Fogo
Beah
Dojo
Santi
Tyson
Cake
Brett
Khaoz
Shuz
(Two others from CS)

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Ok just to clear things up

If you have not bought your badge for whobo, you have 2 options.

1. Show up to whobo and ask for the "28$" badge....we have 40 of those

2. If those 40 are out, ask for the "50$" badge......we have infinite amount of those.
So this means nobody's saving badges. We show up and get in with $50 and that's that, right?

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
May I ask, what's WHOBO?
Its a huge brawl tournament which is jammed into an anime convention called Matsuri Con. It will last from friday to like sunday, it isn't this friday, but the next. To find more information, go to the tournament listings forum. Its one of the first things on there. Theres going to be a lotta trippy anime obsessed ppl entering for brawl so first pool is going to be super easy to get out of.

Ok so I'm going to whobo, I'm guessing I'm paying 50$ at the entrance? Any chance I could sneak in inside someone's bag or something? Wow I didn't know it would be so expensive, I'm not still sure if I can go. I've been dieing to MM samboner.

Also I have a ride to and from and a hotel in houston reserved friday and saturday night. (I'm staying with another fox) The only problem is I'm leaving thursday night. Does anyone know a place I could stay for just thursday night?

Edit: So who thinks I look under 13?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
^^^

First pools will also hold people like M2K, Me, Fiction, possibly DSF, etc. It's not gonna be all easy.

And we've explained this a few times. Right now, there are around 40 "Cheap" Badges left. You can ask for those and get them for $28 dollars. If you do not have one ATM, you can PM Xyro and do what he says and he will try to reserve a Cheap Badge for you. However, once they run out of Cheap badges, you are forced to pay the full $50 for a "Expensive" badge even though they are technically the same thing/give you the same access to everywhere.

As for Thursday Night, I have no Idea. If you absolutely have to, I'm sure there would be a fairly cheap hotel somewhere near Houston like a Motel 8/Super 8/ whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom