• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Butthole perfect! I found out I can't SDI w/ C stick specials. I think my Lucas just died a little.
Actually, you can SDI just fine with Cstick set to special (SDI involves the Control Stick). You cannot Tap DI however.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ugh, I wasn't there so obviously I cannot argue as I don't have anything to argue with other then what I saw in the video haha.

I don't know how tight Hanson was playing. I just know that he raised in first position while being short stacked. Usually, that means you have AT LEAST high pair or suited paint. He was going to call any push, because he was short stacked and raised in first so I wouldn't have pushed on the basis that my implied odds of actually winning were probably a coinflip or worse, especially when you have several people behind you who could have good hands.

Again though, I wasn't there so what I say doesn't mean **** haha. Just sayin for the sake of an answer. Which I got.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I DI Wario's Fthrows at over 200%
I unnecessarily SDI and Tap DI jabs in friendlies.

And Hylian it's cool, one could argue that Hanson's initial play was either good or bad. For example, if he went all in, multiple people might have called him either thinking his judgment was impaired or that he's just gonna shove with a short stack, which would be a good thing since he has pocket J's and would most likely have fine odds against them. On the other hand, if he goes all in and someone remaining has a stronger pocket pair, then obviously he's gonna be in trouble or if no one calls then he basically wasted his chance to get a fair sized pot with relatively same or slightly diminished odds.

If he just called, it would most likely allow the rest of the table to see the flop cheap and take away his edge.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
Ok its official im 110 percent going to WORLD HOBO I got the friday,saturday, and sunday off I had asked day one when I started working.. I missed everyone:) See everyone there and I need a ride ONE way there so if anyone is driving please let me know cause i have a way back I just need to be there Friday since ill be doing all the tournies.. Ill have gas money for the one way and I already have a place to stay so I just need to get to the venue..

Any idea what Dallas car arrangements are so far?? Thanks:)

D-Town FTW!!!

Arikado

Smash Rookie
Gonna try to make it for Shuz's party, but I think work may keep me from that. :(

If I show up, I'll bring my 360 sticks for SFIV.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Dojo: I don't know if the trade-off is worth it :S

Though I am working on the shift, there's no reason I should need "gay stages" to win tournaments. I might just wait til after Whobo to make the switch. It's the same kind of reasoning of "If DDD's infinite ain't banned, I'll use it to beat you."

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
Ok, Angel said he'd probably be able to bring me to Shuz's :bee:

I can definitely bring another TV and SF4 setup (minus one 360 controller with a working B button :urg:) if its need.

@Damien: I fixed my x-arcade for PC. I wanna try you at MvC2.:)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
VERY IMPORTANT WHOBO INFO

of all the cities in texas i have not heard anything about you guys! Housing for whobo!!!!!!!! DO you guys have housing? If not, PLEASE contact me and let me know ASAP because a few houston people want to get a room and are willing to let you guys in if you help pay the bill. If you already have your housing taken care of, ignore this.

AIM: xyro77
MSN/Email: was7x@hotmail.com
Cell: 409-6992-0697

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Dojo: I don't know if the trade-off is worth it :S

Though I am working on the shift, there's no reason I should need "gay stages" to win tournaments. I might just wait til after Whobo to make the switch. It's the same kind of reasoning of "If DDD's infinite ain't banned, I'll use it to beat you."
Hubris softens the earth beneath the feet of victory. Basically, don't let your pride end up being a john. If u lose, it should be because u did the best u could, and that includes smart decisions.

Lol, I was joking silly.

If the option is given to you, use it. Abuse the hell out of it. Whatever it takes.
Pro tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom