• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice
those who can pick up other people for my bday will get a free game of laser tag on me.

so those who need rides are
asya
foursaken
khaoz

housing:
1: ice
2:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Who here can pre register me for WHOBO? Like today before they change the prices. I have no Credit/Debit card, I am the new Andy lol.

Seriously though, I will pay whoever back. U all know I have the money for it lol.

Yaj

Smash Rookie
Man, me and Jingo would love to go to something like Whobo, but nooo... always so far.... :urg:

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
PBT # 15 info here.

The aims and execution of the PBTournaments are still being carefully evaluated. There are a lot of things that have been successful. And there are some things that I wish to improve in the future.

I believe we experience a lot of friction because there's a lack of clarity on my part about who I am and what I'm about. To remedy this, I may write a letter to set the record straight.

Just know that I take all problems seriously and that they occupy my thoughts long after the tournament has ended.

Thanks

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Did he seriously push into a raise with like...no odds while probably hoping for a coinflip at best if someone called?

Unless he was short stacked >_>.

Jesus.
Waits for d4ba...

that man has all the poker answers :)
Pocket Jacks pretty good, better than most hand's pre-flop. He probably thought Shuz was just trying to bully him since Shuz easily had him covered chip wise (Looking at the vid I think he had Thien covered as much as 6X). He made the right call, just got unlucky.

Unless you are talking about Shuz lol. In that case, Pocket 10's are still hard to beat pre-flop, he made a big enough bet which flushed everyone out of the hand except of course Thien who has Pocket Jacks. Shuz made the right play in that he normally would have either flushed everyone out or someone weaker would call, in this case Thien had a better hand and Shuz just got lucky.

d4bA

Smash Cadet
I dig the avatar d4bA. Rosario + Vampire ftw
Vampire!!!!

Did he seriously push into a raise with like...no odds while probably hoping for a coinflip at best if someone called?

Unless he was short stacked >_>.

Jesus.
Hylian, what are you talking about? ^^. HU4rollz plz k thx bai!

Waits for d4ba...

that man has all the poker answers :)
Bobby gave a quick explanation on what happened. Still don't know what Hylian is talking about. Btw the sequence of betting goes Bet > Raise > 3bet > 4bet so and so forth.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Pocket Jacks pretty good, better than most hand's pre-flop. He probably thought Shuz was just trying to bully him since Shuz easily had him covered chip wise (Looking at the vid I think he had Thien covered as much as 6X). He made the right call, just got unlucky.

Unless you are talking about Shuz lol. In that case, Pocket 10's are still hard to beat pre-flop, he made a big enough bet which flushed everyone out of the hand except of course Thien who has Pocket Jacks. Shuz made the right play in that he normally would have either flushed everyone out or someone weaker would call, in this case Thien had a better hand and Shuz just got lucky.
I was talking about shuz. The pot had basically nothing in it and he pushed preflop, with several people behind him. Thein was in early position raising, so you can assume(if he know's what he's doing) that he has at least connected overs or high pair(which he did). You are going to be hardpressed to make someone fold who's raising in early position, especially when you don't give anyone odds(meaning you obviously WANT others not to call).

Basically, Shuz had little to gain and a lot to lose. If he would have just called, or maybe reraised thiens stack rather then pushing then he might of gotten a lot more money on the turn, rather then just the short stack.

Just saying...
Vampire!!!!

Hylian, what are you talking about? ^^. HU4rollz plz k thx bai!

Bobby gave a quick explanation on what happened. Still don't know what Hylian is talking about. Btw the sequence of betting goes Bet > Raise > 3bet > 4bet so and so forth.
I know how the sequence of betting goes lmao. You were big blind, Hanson was in first position and raised, then Shuz pushed(went all in) hansons raise.

I don't understand what's confusing about that.

d4bA

Smash Cadet
I know how the sequence of betting goes lmao. You were big blind, Hanson was in first position and raised, then Shuz pushed(went all in) hansons raise.

I don't understand what's confusing about that.
It's ok level 1 thinker. I am going to show you why what you said makes no sense.

Stacks= Hanson-lol i got no moneys
Shuz-lol I super lucky and gotz all da monies

Hanson's UTG but playing 6 handed and thinks that he can outplay god cuz he's a bit on the tipsy side. Which means that his opening range probably looks like this...
(22+, JT+, A6+) all pairs, broadways and Ace rags to AK.

Shuz (having seen hanson play his hands recently) has a good enough read on him that his range is really wide UTG or anywhere. He looks down at TxTx and realizes that he doesn't wanna get blown off his hand by anybody else to his left. By him calling here, he allows players with double gapped suited connectors and pocket pairs to call profitably and see a flop. On top of that, if he smooth calls, he has to worry about seeing a safe flop in which his opponent can choose to shove on with say AhJh on a 5h 7h 2c board and that leaves Shuz with a tough decision.
On another note, I would find it hard to believe that Shuz can make any more value off of hands that he is beating postflop on safe boards. If Hanson is going to call off anymore bets in a 30:70~ situation, it's not going to be against Shuz or on a scary board.
I'm positive that Shuz realized the probability of Hanson calling his money bad postflop did not outweigh the percentage chance that he calls a shove for stacks preflop with a weaker holding. Thus making this play a very smart one. The chances Hanson calls pre with the weak hand range that I gave outweighs the value Shuz would get from bets postflop.

For shuz's sake I went ahead and stoved his hand vs Hanson's most likely range.

Board: 4d Kh 2d

Equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 61.296% 61.10% 00.20% 146380 472.50 { TcTd }
Hand 1: 38.704% 38.51% 00.20% 92255 472.50 { 22+, A6s+, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, A6o+, KTo+, QTo+, JTo }

The reason why I think your comments make no sense is because you are trying to tell Shuz how to play his hand. Instead of asking why he did that, you give us a general explanation of how YOU would play the hand. Shuz has position on Hanson postflop but cannot protect his hand without a raise. So Shuz raised, the amount is directly correlated with the hand range he puts Hanson on and the % chance that Hanson calls him with a weaker hand...which IMO is HIGH!

edit: he just got unlucky.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Dang, I wish I new how to play Poker =(

I basically just gave you guys $5 >>
I'll win it back from MM on pipes. Any takers at the college station tourney =)

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Please someone tell me... Where does Shuz live???? I want to go but I have no clue how far away it is so I'm not sure if I can go =\
Slaps alright.. no1 else is going to say it but I will.. if shuz didn't give you direction or his address I'm assuming you're not invited buddy. Sorry to burst your bubble but if shuz doesn't want to spend time with you on his birthday (which I can't blame him for) then accept it and do something else.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I was talking about shuz. The pot had basically nothing in it and he pushed preflop, with several people behind him. Thein was in early position raising, so you can assume(if he know's what he's doing) that he has at least connected overs or high pair(which he did). You are going to be hardpressed to make someone fold who's raising in early position, especially when you don't give anyone odds(meaning you obviously WANT others not to call).

Basically, Shuz had little to gain and a lot to lose. If he would have just called, or maybe reraised thiens stack rather then pushing then he might of gotten a lot more money on the turn, rather then just the short stack.

Just saying...
Like I said, he made a good play. Shuz wasn't aiming to keep people in the pot, his play was aimed at keeping everyone out except maybe 1 or 2 people that thought they had a better hand, and the odds point easily towards Shuz. After he raised, everyone got out of the hand, probably realizing that their hand cannot beat his in the long run. Thien calls obviously, he already has money out in the pot and he's getting good odds pre flop with Pocket J's. If he wants to make more money, by just calling or making his raise smaller, he would run the chance of losing his edge on the flop, which he should be fine with just taking the good odds on a smaller pot instead of the worse odds on a larger pot.

Shuz made the right play by forcing everyone to either outright fold or take a big risk before the flop, which most players won't do unless they absolutely know their hand isn't close to completely stuffed. The odds of someone having a hand better than Pocket 10's in the first round is very low, and he was rightly confident that whoever called would most likely have a worse hand than him. Thien beat those odds pre flop, and Shuz beat the odds on 4th Street. Both players did fine.

Massive Text
^^^^ This covers it pretty well. I forgot to mention that Thien most likely had a large opening range since he was a little drunk lol.

Slaps alright.. no1 else is going to say it but I will.. if shuz didn't give you direction or his address I'm assuming you're not invited buddy. Sorry to burst your bubble but if shuz doesn't want to spend time with you on his birthday (which I can't blame him for) then accept it and do something else.
DANG Dphat cmon Slaps isn't Missouri status now.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Seriously, I need to get in on a poker game with D krew. ya'll seem to really know your stuff.

BTW, who here is planning on going to Akon in May? I need a room to share with people.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Dang Andy, how could you be so heartless? But your the best for speaking your mind. THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST.

Anyways... Damien, could you still give me a ride to Shuz's par-tay, or are you scared I'm gonna light your *** up at Laser Tag? MM? :D

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Hey Shuz I know this is super late notice, but its still thursday :p, so I was wondering if I could come over to your birthday bash for SF4 and brawl. Just wondering, do you have ps3 or 360? Thanks. Once again, sorry for late notice, I got behind in the boards and you know once you get behind its hard wading through all the posts and I've been putting it off.

So whos getting excited for world hobo?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Josh I've worked on my DI as well. Not to brag but it's getting good. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom