• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Details on Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS Customization Revealed

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
This was awesome and I cannot wait to take full advantage of this new feature!

ssbm_ENGLAND

Smash Cadet
NNID
LeFroglet
I think this is great if it states 3 different variations of each special then hopefully Falco will have his old shine back as one of the variations :D.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm surprised it wasn't immediately obvious Miis would not be playable online
They can be offensive
and more notably, the customizable players arent, so why would the custimizable homemade players be?

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I gotta say I'm a fan of this. It'll add more depth to the game overall. Not to mention if there is some form of adventure mode it kinda adds an rpg element to the game. Where you get better equipment to help you in adventure mode or event modes.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
I don't see why custom moves can't be used in tournament play, I mean they are nothing but presets that you can choose from. I think it be interesting and may even help certain characters who may be low tier etc. Mortal Kombat X is even doing something like this now, each character has 3 different versions of themselves that specializes in a particular fighting ability. This mean in Smash Brothers that every Mario wouldn't be the same Mario, if he has a bad match up maybe swapping a different special move may remedy that. I see potential here, but hey I am not a hardcore competitive smasher so I don't know what I am talking about.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
Pity, I was going to troll people online by beating them with everyone's favorite Canadian Pop Idol. But seriously, I can see why Miis are not allowed with anyone online.

And that's what Nintendo is afraid of, there is going to be some troll online who will make some offensive mii and ruin the fun for everyone. Not only that they want this game to feel and celebrate Nintendo's history of characters. The game would loose that feel online because everyone mainly casuals/trolls will be maining their mii's for the sake of trolling.

So no thanks!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
These will be allowed in tournaments only if a HUGE amount of the community want them, or the TOs accept them. If the big TOs say no, everyone will just have to adjust to be able to play at the big events.

Galespark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Galespark
All Mario Custom Moves:

I really hope tournaments to allow custom movesets. This has a LOT of potential and can be very helpful to some characters.

xKobayashi

Smash Apprentice
the reason why equipments wouldnt be practical for tournament most likely wouldnt be because melee purists would think it is "un-melee" but rather because of the time it would take to run a tournament if equipments were allowed

imagine there are 20 tvs at a doubles tournament with 80 players in it. Four players would have to take turns going through the equipment screen for EACH different tv they play at, which could add hours to a tournaments length. Also if these items are unlockable, pro players would run the risk of practicing a custom set that isnt unlocked at the console they are playing at.

but it still is an amazing idea having fun with the game, which is equally as important

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
the reason why equipments wouldnt be practical for tournament most likely wouldnt be because melee purists would think it is "un-melee" but rather because of the time it would take to run a tournament if equipments were allowed

imagine there are 20 tvs at a doubles tournament with 80 players in it. Four players would have to take turns going through the equipment screen for EACH different tv they play at, which could add hours to a tournaments length. Also if these items are unlockable, pro players would run the risk of practicing a custom set that isnt unlocked at the console they are playing at.

but it still is an amazing idea having fun with the game, which is equally as important
I do believe you can transfer customized characters back and forth between the wiiU and the 3DS, so it might not take THAT much time

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
All Mario Custom Moves:

I really hope tournaments to allow custom movesets. This has a LOT of potential and can be very helpful to some characters.
Dang, Why didn't he make at least one down special Mario Tornado?

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
All Mario Custom Moves:

Where did this picture come from, exactly? It's not on the official website.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I heard that you'd be able to speed up or slow slow down your characters, only that it would affect your strength/power (speeding up makes you weaker, slowing down makes you stronger). This would really help things out with balance in the Smash scene imo.

But anyways, I hope Link's boomerang can be switched to how it behaved in Melee, and I wonder what the options for his down and up specials would be...

Ps.~ Is anyone else gunna try and collect all the amiibos? From what I've heard, they'll make great training tools.

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I demand that Megaman gets the same treatment as Palutena! There's no way that they could pass up incorporating tons of Megaman's iconic weapons.

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
I demand that Megaman gets the same treatment as Palutena! There's no way that they could pass up incorporating tons of Megaman's iconic weapons.
Megaman isnt getting this treatment because sakurai is putting these weapons into his standard moveset already.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Megaman isnt getting this treatment because sakurai is putting these weapons into his standard moveset already.
That is true, but I believe that there is always room for more.

Neutral Specials: Metal Blade, Atomic Fire, Napalm Bomb
Side Specials: Crash Bomb, Quick Boomerang, Gyro Attack
Up Specials: Rush Coil, Item-1, Wire
Down Specials: Leaf Shield, Napalm Bomb, Search Snake

Last edited:
Top Bottom