• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dear Rumors: Suck it. Love From Sakurai

NukeA6

Smash Master
Good to see the eskimos again. It would be a waste of originality to throw them away. Now that stupid rumor and the people that still believe it can officially STFU.

I expect Game and Watch to return. Unlike Pichu, he's actually original and fun to use.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Why would they get rid of Doc? He isn't a complete clone like Pichu and young link.
Not a complete clone? Dr. Mario is the only clone character who's almost exactly like his counterpart. He should be booted out of Brawl.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I'm not a fan of the Ice Climbers. Not to say I didn't want them to return, but I suck at playing with them and I suck at fighting against them. But now that they're back, I guess all is well. I'm still waiting on my main (Falco), my secondaries (Marth and Sheik), and one of my favorites (Ganondorf [Link's my other, but he's already in]).

The only fear I have concerning the return of the Ice Climbers is this:
{*ahem*}
"OH DUH *** NO!!! DOES THIS MEAN ICICLE MOUNTAIN, TOO!?!?!?"

Mars-

Smash Champion
Not a complete clone? Dr. Mario is the only clone character who's almost exactly like his counterpart. He should be booted out of Brawl.
No, think about it, pichu and young link aren't as big, so they have to tune down their weight. Thats the only difference.

Doc's pills bounce differently, his cape has different range(since mario doesn't have a cape anymore that won't be a problem), and his physics are different.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
No, think about it, pichu and young link aren't as big, so they have to tune down their weight. Thats the only difference.

Doc's pills bounce differently, his cape has different range(since mario doesn't have a cape anymore that won't be a problem), and his physics are different.
There hasn't been anything to deconfirm his cape yet. :confused:

We just know the down+B (the tornado) has changed to the F.L.U.D.D.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I'm not a fan of the Ice Climbers. Not to say I didn't want them to return, but I suck at playing with them and I suck at fighting against them. But now that they're back, I guess all is well. I'm still waiting on my main (Falco), my secondaries (Marth and Sheik), and one of my favorites (Ganondorf [Link's my other, but he's already in]).

The only fear I have concerning the return of the Ice Climbers is this:
{*ahem*}
"OH DUH *** NO!!! DOES THIS MEAN ICICLE MOUNTAIN, TOO!?!?!?"
Well....I think I know what the next Ice Climber stage is....but I could be wrong....

Fawriel

Smash Master

...if anything, Pichu is not a clone. Many of his moves work and look different from Pikachu's.
Young Link plays completely differently from Link. Com. Plete. Ly.
...and Doc and Mario are practically the same person.

For someone with so many posts, you are horribly misinformed.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Watch the second trailer, you'll see Mario's Cape in one of the first scenes.

And in the "You must recover!" update (ugh... :urg: ), you can clearly see Mario doing his uB recovery.

And I'm sure Mario's a Fireball somewhere in the Dojo. I think it's in the second trailer as well.
Confirmed. It's a far away shot, but it's during the "sunset" on battlefield. He uses his cape on Link.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Yes there has to be multiple taunts now...hear me out....

Wario!

1. 15 second trailer he wiggles his butt

2. in the 2nd trailer he throws his hands in the air multiple times

3. in the 2nd trailer he he crosses his arms around his chest before being slashed to death by Metaknight

4. in the 2nd trailer he scratches his butt on (Mario Circuit)

MULTIPLE TAUNTS FTW!!!!

Edit: 1st to 2nd trailer

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

Wario!

2. in the 1st trailer he throws his hands in the air multiple times

3. in the 1st trailer he he crosses his arms around his chest before being slashed to by Metaknight

4. in the 1st trailer he scratches his butt on (Mario Circuit)

MULTIPLE TAUNTS FTW!!!!
:confused:

You mean second trailer, yes?

Cause the first trailer was all FMV, and Wario showed up at the end to fart. >_>

But it's certainly possible: Multiple taunts.

Though the winning pose done on the stage is now a possibility too, given the fact that the IC's weren't holding their hammers. :shrug:

EDIT: Confirmed; He is doing all of those animations, and it's too many to be an idle animation. I'd say multiple taunts likely hood just shot through the roof.

Also Mario's fireball at the end of the trailer.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
:confused:

You mean second trailer, yes?

Cause the first trailer was all FMV, and Wario showed up at the end to fart. >_>

But it's certainly possible: Multiple taunts.

Though the winning pose done on the stage is now a possibility too, given the fact that the IC's weren't holding their hammers. :shrug:
maybe they'll change everytime u do taunt

DarkGades

Smash Rookie
...if anything, Pichu is not a clone. Many of his moves work and look different from Pikachu's.
Young Link plays completely differently from Link. Com. Plete. Ly.
...and Doc and Mario are practically the same person.

For someone with so many posts, you are horribly misinformed.
IMO, if you think that "Doc and Mario are practically the same person", you're the one that's "horribly misinformed", my dude. :laugh:

blayde_axel

Smash Master
We need more interactive taunts like Luigi's... maybe he'll slash like ten times really fast or something. lol.

But, anyway, yay to Ice Climbers. But does this mean that we aren't getting another duo?

None I could think of, at least.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond

Wario!

Definitely his taunt.

I'm thinking that's his Utilt.

3. in the 1st trailer he he crosses his arms around his chest before being slashed to death by Metaknight

Looks like one of the animations in his dormant/stationary loop.

Once again, looks like one of the animations in his dormant/stationary loop.

MULTIPLE TAUNTS FTW!!!!
That's what I think about that, and that's what I've thought for a long time.

EDIT:
...I know I just opened up a Pandora's Box of an argument...

Drake3

Smash Ace
Anyway, I can now hear my friends complain that there's two of them again in Brawl. So fun. :D
Interesting and world-shaking.

Really nice surprise seeing the Ice Climbers return. The fur on their parkas is also extremely well done.

DarkGades

Smash Rookie
well he is a little bit right....I mean Mario did have more than one job in a few of his games.....XDDD
They may be the same person character-wise, but in terms of fighting style in melee, well that's another story... (and that's what matters the most in smash bros, isn't it?)

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I wonder how they'll be included in the Subspace Emissary. This is going to get fun. I can't wait to play the Ice Climbers level in it.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
listen for all the idiots talking about which clones are more clonish..

THEY'RE ALL ****ING CLONES. GET OVER IT. THey all have different but similar movesets, in that they have similar moves that are alered which in effect changes how they are played. They are all unique. A link player can't play young link as well. A mario player can't really switch to doc and expect to do as well. a pikachu player....well why the **** would you ever switch to pichu unless you're t0mmy or chu? These switches may not be as bad as switching between two completely different characters, but they still have different games. Trust me, I live in MD/VA(tons of good competition) and know many people who play clones/originals at high levels of play, and most of them can't really switch to their respective character.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Either Flatzone will return and/or Mr. Game & Watch will return... I've been keeping up with the numbering system, which appears to be in order of being programmed in the series... It starts with the Original, then Melee, then Brawl... Here is it so far.

Smash Bros. = 1
Donkey Kong = 2
Starfox = 3
Kirby = 4
F-Zero = 5
Metroid = 6
Earthbound = 7
Pokemon = 8
Zelda = 9
Mario = 10
Yoshi = 11
Fire Emblem = 12
??? = 13
Ice Climber = 14
Animal Crossing = 15
Wario = 16
??? = 17
Kid Icarus = 18

Hmm, there is only one franchise that would be between Fire Emblem and Ice Climber... Game & Watch will return.

Oh, and now I think all the clones will return except maybe Pichu and Roy. We know both Link and Mario's moves and we can gleam that they have changed a bit. Mario sports the FLUDD as a Down+B, and Link's got redesigns and a modification of the Side+B move, so that it makes a minitornado now. So what would this tell us about clones based on them?

Luigi needs a new Down+B as well, and will likely get it with the Poultergust 3000 being so available. (Instead, of sending opponents away like the FLUDD, the Poultergust would suck opponents into Luigi's range) Luigi also needs a new Final Smash.

But Dr. Mario will ALSO need a new Down+B & Final Smash as well, which means Dr. Mario has the potential for having two moves unique to him and the modification that his Megavitamins have to Mario's Fireball.

Young Link if he appears in Brawl would obviously be based on Wind Waker... He'd keep his Fire Arrows, but also would have the Boomerang (Rather than the Gale Boomerang that makes the minitornade) and the Hookshot (Instead of the Clawshot), as well as having Fire Arrows, Cartoony Bombs, and the Spin Attack... He also could have an all-new Final Smash as well.

Dr. Mario & Young Link end up being declonified purely because Mario and Link have different effects and different moves now. I haven't seen all of Fox's and Pikachu's moves or any hint of Marth or Captain Falcon to judge on the cloneliness of Falco, Pichu, Roy, and Ganondorf, but I do have it from Mario & Link.

Conker1

Smash Ace
:)

I called it, I posted they would be the next veteran confirmed after Peach was put on the site.

Anyone who doubted their return...well...

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I knew they would return! So many silly non-believers, tsk tsk...

What makes me so happy is I accurately called this update a few weeks ago. And as of now I'm calling that our next veteran will be Captain Falcon. (they'll wait on Ness to further extend the Ness/Lucas suspense)

I'm also happy with their footstool addition. It might help a little of what was wrong with their recovery. Hopefully a vastly improved Nana AI will help with the rest.

NukeA6

Smash Master

Young Link moves faster shoots fire arrows, his b moves combo, and his a attacks differ a bit.

Pichu damages himself with every electric attack, has a different Smash up move, has a longer charge for the Skull Bash.

Dr. Mario differences include what you said and they're barely noticeable.

You fail.

Wario!

3. in the 1st trailer he he crosses his arms around his chest before being slashed to death by Metaknight

MULTIPLE TAUNTS FTW!!!!
1. That's, no doubt, a taunt.

2. That looks more like an Up A attack. BTW, this and what you said for 3 and 4 appear in the second trailer.

3. Possibly a taunt but it could be part of his standing animation

4. Looks like his crouching animation

Fawriel

Smash Master
Haha. Reading the posts of some people here, you'd think Sheik came back.

I hope the Icies will be able to desync even better!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Yayyyy! This means desynching and pro IC players are making a comeback for sure. Heck maybe Ill learn em this time around and try my hand at winning some brawl money with them.

No complaints here save a tiny one, the mittens look ugly. But aside from that, nicely done.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't mean that desynching is making a combat.

Don't even know if Wavedashing, L-Cancel and anything else will return.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Rofl, I never thought that ICs and G&W weren't returning. The only real characters that I think won't be coming back is Young link and pichu, but you never know, Sakurai might have just been teasing us saying that some characters wouldn't be coming back.
Hope ftw...

Top Bottom