• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dear Rumors: Suck it. Love From Sakurai

Troggy

Smash Rookie
Sakurai is the man, that made the week of alright updates, to me, worth it. Still need G&W confirmed, but at least I have IC's to play if not.

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
Welcome back, my old friends! I cannot wait to play as IC once more.

Next, bring on my all-time novelty character, GaW, and I'll be at peace.

~Old Man Nintendo

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Woo! ICs are back. :D

Also, I predicted that they'd show up before any of the locked characters of old (Ness and Falcon being locked in SSB) and I was going to give up on them if someone like Falcon showed up before them...but he didn't, and we got them back!

That taunt thing is puzzling though...

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
: prays you can still desync :
Most likely....unless of Course Popo or Nana (depending on who u are :p) is actually Glued on to u so they cant run away...

Actually, I'm glad they've come home. They look awsome, I mean look at the hammers or the fur on their jackets.

Heres hoping for som new moves.
well we actually might not...considering they havnt been in the SSB series long enough....at least I think that y....but if they did bet new moves....they Can NOT get rid of there side B attack "Squall Hammer"....ICESCAPADES FTW!!!!!! :D

Puffs

Smash Ace
Perhaps they now can damage eachother with their own non-joint attacks? That would certainly balance out their double-power.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Yay for the Ice Climbers!!!

Although I would never want to play with them. Simply because I suck with them.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Oh, joy! YES!
THE UPDATE OF THE MONTH!
Yes, my theory concerning only 25 starters and one every other week is dead, but MY MELEE MAINS ARE RETURNING!
The pssimism towards them had me worried, I was still hopeful, but that is all gone.
THE ICE CLIMBERS ARE IN BRAWL. WOOOHOOO!!!!

Oh, and their new look? awesome.

Oh, and the Ice Climbers return to Smash? AWESOME!

EDIT: Ok, the excitement has worn down a little, so I must say, I sat that for a minute. At first I was like, "Oh man, they're an AT" I was so worried. I clicked on the characters page, and jumped for joy. MY MAIN IS BACK! Well, my backup. I'm going to be a snake player now.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I really dont see how ppl can bash them in first place
1. they double team ppl (Sweeteness...)
2.They have ice move (Ice Moves PPl! HEELLLLOOOO!?!?!??)

u kno it weird....Yesterday I said that I hope The Ice Climbers are revealed tommorow....Maybe Sakurai answered my prayer ????

End Game

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad they are back, and I'm glad the weak week ended up with a great update.

poncho_mcshoe

Smash Apprentice
So... does this update ruin the theory that the url's for the games' symbols were numbered according to the alphabetical order of the series' names in Japanese? -_-

IllidR

Smash Champion
Haha, awesome update. Even though I wasn't too fond of them, I'm really glad this duo is still in the game. No reason really why they should be removed and now they're back and look better than ever. Ice Climbers ftw, new character next week though Sakurai, pleeaassee.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Haha, awesome update. Even though I wasn't too fond of them, I'm really glad this duo is still in the game. No reason really why they should be removed and now they're back and look better than ever. Ice Climbers ftw, new character next week though Sakurai, pleeaassee.
that is tru...so far we have already have three newcomers that we didnt know b4 (Ike, Diddy Kong, and Pokemon Trainer)..wonder who else will join....ahh...but now im getting off topic srry (^^)v

PS I know he really popular and all and im not bashing him....but How the hell can Stafy Make it into this game.....hes a starfish for crying out loud XDD

ok im done (^^)v

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Does this lessen the chances of Ditto becoming a pokeball pokemon. Brawl is more advanced than Melee. Actually I'm happy that they were confirmed instead of Capt. Falcon. The more characters confirmed before Falcon means more starter characters which means more chracters period.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
^_^

CONFIRMED! I'm so happy that I can barely type this!

Now all that's left is GaW and Yink and all my mains are returing. YAAAAAAAAY! ^_^

Fawriel

Smash Master
How interesting...

My first love from Melee is reconfirmed for Brawl and I got the letter that confirms that I'll be a student starting next month.

Looks like I'll have to pick up these two turtledoves again. =D

Ianthraxx

Smash Apprentice
YAAAAAAAY : D

I'm so happy these guys are back, haha. The more unique characters/franchises in Brawl the better!
And now we don't have to listen to those idiots that believed that rumor anymore, either!

Happy day!

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Wow, this is awesome...

To be honest with you guys, I was one of the people who believed they wouldn't be coming back in this game, due to "blah blah blah one game only, Pit's the retro effect blah blah blah" reasons. Yeah, I know. However, Mr. Sakurai pulls out the stops once again. It feels AWESOME to be proven wrong, lol.

I love the detail on Popo and Nana. I wish I had those parkas. Brrr....

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
I was kind of hoping they'd be replaced with King DeDeDe or something, but oh well, they're not terrible I guess.

Top Bottom