• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dear Rumors: Suck it. Love From Sakurai

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Neat! That was kind of surprising. Good to see them again!
I wonder what kind of Final Smash they're packing, and whether it changes if there's only one of them around.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It wasn't just that rumor, many people still believed they wouldn't return for various reasons.

Yay Ice Climbers! I'm glad they're coming back! Any reason to not bring them back was stupid.

Mike966

Smash Cadet
YEAH ice climbers are back!!!!!!!

this means all those stupid rumors runnig are fake for sure and that we can ONLY trust the dojo.

vinube

Smash Rookie
i don;t understand why people complain or wish only for certain characters to come back, i think that they aall should comeee bacck! why not? they all ready have been design once..they a bit of changes here and there and its done...the more the merrier

dj asakura

Smash Ace
I had faith from the very beginning, I knew they would be back

and my goodness, they look better then ever.

scale of 1 to excited...i'm exstatic

SHIBBY!

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Florida

イーグランツ
Wow! Awesome design-- I mean, just look at 'em mallets!
I expected to see a veteran today :) Too bad I didn't post it in the update contest.

Even the screen shots rock! We see the "down b" from Melee, their taunt, and... the victory pose?
That'd be completely awesome if the characters were announced winners on the stage, instead of teleporting into some black void.

Good Friday update!

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Aww, they look so fuzzy and cuddly in their little parkas.

I was never any good at playing as them, but I'm glad the legacy of the dual character will return. I was pretty sure they'd come back once I saw Diddy was flying solo, but it's still good to know.

Link looks awfully, awfully short in that picture. Like really short.
OMG YOUNG LINK CONFIRMED!!!!

Seriously though, his knees are bent and he's leaning forward a little. He just got frozen in an awkward frame.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
One of the most “popular” (see: hated) rumors we’ve heard is one that Celda and Ridley were in Brawl, but with the removal of Ice Climbers and Mr Game and Watch. For the sad few of you who STILL believe this, Sakurai’s revealed Ice Climbers today, and they look AMAZING!
So are you anti-Ridley?

Mars-

Smash Champion
I have a theory on the second taunt. Maybe instead of having the victory poses screen, they just do it in the level.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Nice, my two mains have been confirmed right after the other. The IC are looking snazzy too!

The Duck

Smash Champion
I'm not a big fan of the Ice Climbers, but it's nice to see that they weren't abandoned, and that they recieved great detail. I'm guessing that their Final Smash will involve either an avalanche or falling icicles, or maybe both...or perhaps something that's both a nod to their game and something new/unexpected.

I know it's been said before, but this brings hope for Mr. Game & Watch returning... he is, after all, not a clone and a symbol of Nintendo's past. This update has a good omen to it, since I'm looking forward to G&W returning.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Rofl, I never thought that ICs and G&W weren't returning. The only real characters that I think won't be coming back is Young link and pichu, but you never know, Sakurai might have just been teasing us saying that some characters wouldn't be coming back.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
NOO ICs ARE RETURNING! CHU CAN STILL ****. GAY WOBBLING IS STILL THERE (probably, unless they somehow change the escape from grab mechanics).

edit :undr since when do you play ICs? Actually, i never really learned what your main was.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
So are you anti-Ridley?
Hey genius did you ever figure that he's pro-Ridley, but replacing the Ice Climbers with Ridley would be a ******** idea? >_>

Anyway, I can now hear my friends complain that there's two of them again in Brawl. So fun. :D

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Amazing graphics on the new IC's.
I was kinda worried for them, but I'm glad they're confirmed!
Heh, they're not my main but they're kind of my "clumsy win" character.
I mean, everytime I play IC's I just start running around, being a coward and hitting people if they follow me :p and for some reason, I end up winning over half of the time O.o

I'm happy I can frustrate my friends again this way ^-^
Kirby is still teh best though...
But yay for Ice Climbers!

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Yay.... they're back... I never liked them..but I guess it's good for their fans. This is making me think that we will be getting everyone from Melee except for the real clones (Dr. Mario).

I do hope they have the same Taunt. I liked standing over an edge and doing it. I dunno why. :)

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Agree'd
It would be pretty cool if they had entrances too.
Yeah I missed those in the first SSB.....

Yay.... they're back... I never liked them..but I guess it's good for their fans. This is making me think that we will be getting everyone from Melee except for the real clones (Dr. Mario).

I do hope they have the same Taunt. I liked standing over an edge and doing it. I dunno why. :)
the taunt where they lift there hammer and u hear wind blowing XDD

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
i never really played with the Ice Climbers...
but i would have been bummed to see them go...
they were a very unique character...
a cool twist in Melee...
and heres to hoping they will be even cooler in Brawl...
***raises glass***

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
this weeks updates werent all that interesting...
i was in no way expecting an IC update...
what a sweet surprise!!!
i wonder if they will play very differently from Melee or not...

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
Nice to see Ice Climbers back, althought I'm not really that surprised. There didn't seem to be much reason to get rid of a character that had as unique a moveset as them plus there's nothing wrong with having a few roster spots for retro characters (IC, Pit, and maybe one more).

Can't wait to see other IC elements are in Brawl now (stage, music, FS, etc)

jamesss

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad that they're back caus that puts one more on the roster (actually 2 but w/e). But they still suck so that doesn't really help anyone.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
well at least their fur look nice

the only melee character that most likly gone is pichu and Dr.Mario

Top Bottom