• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

∫unk

Smash Master
Is DDD's platform cancel useful?
ya it lets you come back onto the stage in a different way

also you move faster so they might not expect it

it's too bad he can only platform cancel his first jump

i think i'm going to a tournament tomorrow probably going all d3 since i don't know how to play anyone else

allshort17

Smash Ace
Is DDD's platform cancel useful?
Technically, Dedede's run speed is faster than his air speed. So, if you want to move a bit faster than jumping you can platform cancel to dash. Platform cancel to grab is a really good mix-up if you opponent is on the platform. Platform cancel to dtilt/ftilt can also throw someone off because if the opponent tries to jump after you they will get hit.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
there was a tournament on my birthday with a game show wheel style side event and 2 dudes from my region had to face each other in a team battle where they each got to pick a cpu as a teammate and both picked level 9 ddd

that's my cool story of the day

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
there was a tournament on my birthday with a game show wheel style side event and 2 dudes from my region had to face each other in a team battle where they each got to pick a cpu as a teammate and both picked level 9 ddd

that's my cool story of the day
DDD has to be the worst CPU of all time, him and Snake. Luigi > Mario > Peach > ehh the rest

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
olimar cpu is pretty pathetic it barely has pikmin to use and never uses them

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Grab>brhrow>grab>grab

Almost guaranteed combo

And is the inhale release to utilt guaranteed on anyone, and how do I reliably do it?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Technically its never guaranteed because if your opponent does not mash out of being Swallowed, Dedede will automatically spit out the opponent. It IS guaranteed if they mash and you do it properly.

And go check the directory and look for the thread. There's a link to a tutorial video Seibrik made ages ago.

Keep in mind that this technique will work like once ever on any good opponent.

Although if you feign a Dededecide you could scare your opponent into a knee jerk button mashing response.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I've been experimenting with returning onto the stage from the ledge and I'm considering jumping onto the stage backward using the standard Bair/Inhale mix-up if they attempt to prevent :dedede: from landing and thereby giving them incentive to either approach or allow :dedede: to return to neutral. This also prevents safe set-ups by otherwise laggy attacks since ledge slips no longer prevent punishes.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
my tom cruise joke was so lame that his facebook actually deactivated itself

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Nah I just remembered that I don't really need it to stay in contact with people I want in my life. It's just a hassle in the end.

GanonkingAbyss

Smash Apprentice
VS. Metaknight, with him at 0% and a couple staled bairs you can bair-> nair -> turnaround grab ->(pummel) bthrow for 40%.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I don't think Bair -> Nair is guaranteed and then they can break out if you pummel at such a low damage.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
ughh **** straight ddd. I think im just gonna do some oldschool atomsk **** and just ddd/faclo/rob/mk from now on. Losing terrible matchups by the wire is mad annoying esp. when it can be so much easier

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
No reason to limit yourself, but you should have a plan of action for these things so you know ahead of time.

dont just have 3 random pocket characters that you play randomly when you lose as ddd. if you play wolf or something, know ahead of time that youre going to play wolf against olimar and falcos in tournament so you dont screw around and have to play the set losing game one by default because you wanted to try ddd, knaamean?

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
well they're not really random, they all serve a specific purpose. Only rob would be the one that needs more work, i can use the other 2 fairly well but never really tried them in tourney.

I ended up winning game 1 then lost game 2 and 3 actually. Character in question was lolimar. smashville is amazing vs him, 2nd match was battlefield, 3rd match I picked yoshis and went down to the wire. He banned Frigate so i had no idea what to pick =/ Don't really mind to much since it was a single elim free tourney but should probably have this down b4 I get into the brawl scene again >_>"

Didnt we have a thread that says what stage to cp against what character? Can't seem to find it.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Don't use Rob to cover Mu's.

You'll get better coverage with D3/ Falco or just D3/ Mk or all 3.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Or you could be a 'tard like me and use ness for no good reason

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Or you could be a 'tard like me and use ness for no good reason
Like my DDD/Zelderp combo. Absolutely worthless competitively, but you simply love it.

Seriously speaking, I use too many characters, DDD/ZSS/Marth/Zelda, and just recently started picking Gdubs more... it sometimes feels like I'm doing something wrong because of that... And I still have problems with Diddy...

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I have a Marth and use Dk to cover Falco's.
While being able to CG with Ice Climbers.

Take a page from my book.
Guess I'll keep working on my two mains and three secondaries after all.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Now I see, rising SH Bair -> Falling Nair -> Grab.

Haha. That actually may work, but he might be able to Nair after D3's Nair connects.

allshort17

Smash Ace
What are your experiences with going aggro vs Olimar vs playing patient? I'm really asking which one is better, but when do you use each style and how you do it. Is there a certain type of Oli you like to use each playstyle against, a certain range, a specific point in the fight, ect?

Top Bottom